Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
How to know if you are Celtic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:08 am
gemherbal
if you are irish ,scottish, welsh or english than tecnicly you have celtic in you

So many shades of wrong.
Firstly, the English are not a Celtic people.
Secondly, the Irish are not a Celtic people. We are a metropolitan one. Being Irish could mean that you have only Norse blood.
Thirdly, read the thread before posting.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:13 am
I've had Celtic in me before.
Then I bit him and he stopped trying to tickle me.  

TeaDidikai

Nines19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:46 pm
If you are a member of an NBA team based in Boston, you may be a Celtic. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:04 pm
Nines19
There's a company that spells their name Keltic because the owner was sick to death of correcting people's pronunciation.  

TeaDidikai

Nines19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:02 pm
TeaDidikai
Nines19
There's a company that spells their name Keltic because the owner was sick to death of correcting people's pronunciation.

Today was Team Day at my school. I corrected a couple people and ended with, "I don't really care how the announcers say it, they're wrong."

But then again, I'm a belligerent know-it-all. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:46 am
Nines19

Alternatively, you could be a member of a Scottish Premier League football team based in Glasgow, Scotland.  

chaoticpuppet

niamhybeag

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:05 pm
'Celtic' is a linguistic term. The idea that 'Celt' could mean a distinct ethnicity, set of tribes, or a race is a 19th Century nationalist invention.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:43 pm
I've been told my name is celtic. That's about all the connection I've got, I'd say XD  

Yukroneanninja

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:24 pm
Yukroneanninja
I've been told my name is celtic. That's about all the connection I've got, I'd say XD

What's your name?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:21 pm
Yukroneanninja

I've been told my middle name, Morgainne (more gain), is. That's the extent of my connection (if it is valid), too.  

Aino Ailill

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:48 am
I frequent another avatar forum like this one, and I read this girl's post on Halloween in regards to Samhain.... well, I'll quote it.

girl on other site
Surely everyone has learned that the tradition of dressing up like spirits and demanding sacrifices of food from mortals (as Celts sacrificed on their New Year's Eve) is the root of Trick-or-Treating.

Does she have her info right? Because I certainly don't know.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:33 pm
Taliah
I frequent another avatar forum like this one, and I read this girl's post on Halloween in regards to Samhain.... well, I'll quote it.

girl on other site
Surely everyone has learned that the tradition of dressing up like spirits and demanding sacrifices of food from mortals (as Celts sacrificed on their New Year's Eve) is the root of Trick-or-Treating.

Does she have her info right? Because I certainly don't know.

They didn't demand food, they stole people but other than that, sure.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Opalescent_violet_14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:50 pm
I have something that I want to ask about, but I am in no way questioning your definitions. My art class was doing a project with Celtic knots, and my art teacher gave us some background. She said that pretty much everyone could be considered Celtic because we each most likely had one or more ancestor that was Celtic. She also said that the Celts used to be all over Europe. I doubt that last part, but I wondering if any part of this is true?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:33 pm
whiporwill-o
i never had a problem getting letters backwards, but i had an issue with 'E', i always wanted to put mor than 3 horizontal lines on it, lol. my granddad had a hard time explaining that one to me, it just looked so... unfinished. xd

€ ?  

Maze

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:46 pm
Maze
whiporwill-o
i never had a problem getting letters backwards, but i had an issue with 'E', i always wanted to put mor than 3 horizontal lines on it, lol. my granddad had a hard time explaining that one to me, it just looked so... unfinished. xd

€ ?

nah, more like
_________
|_______
|_______
|_______
|_______
|_________

xd  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items