Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:32 am
Andromeda Phoenix
Isn't Saka the person who did the Holy s**t and is currently doing the Diapered Egg? Or am I getting my Gaia artists confused?
You are correct, Andromeda. She is also the one who did the new shop NPC art.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:35 am
Siarnaq
Andromeda Phoenix
Isn't Saka the person who did the Holy s**t and is currently doing the Diapered Egg? Or am I getting my Gaia artists confused?
You are correct, Andromeda. She is also the one who did the new shop NPC art.

Well, now we know why the art looks like that. X_X
I think they need to give her...a break...for a while... *shifty eyes* They got her working so hard her work's starting to look...shitty and half assed. I read somewhere she also works on Gaia's manga...  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:40 am
Actually, Reapersun does the manga. (or at least the newly released "lost" comics)  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:42 am
Either way, the quality of her work has gone down the shitter. When an artist starts admitting that the poses of their own item sucks, something's is wrong.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Hikari Tokoyami

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:22 am
I was really turn off by Ruby's new look. She was one of my favourite NPCs before she turned all ....I can't think of a word for it but distasteful. All the girl NPCs seem to look more younger (and skinner) than what they looked previously.

Edmund I don't mind. He looks really dashing but I do miss his coat and it seems Louie as part of helping the shop. I laughed when he mention about how it's insulting that people ask him if he sparkles (sorry, Anti-Twilight). Ian looks weird with the new hat though =/ not to mention Rufus does look cute, but a bit hyper for my liking, but that is just my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:39 am
Siarnaq
Actually, Reapersun does the manga. (or at least the newly released "lost" comics)

She only did the Durem mangas.

ZNK

ZNK

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:41 am
Andromeda Phoenix
Either way, the quality of her work has gone down the shitter. When an artist starts admitting that the poses of their own item sucks, something's is wrong.

She said in a thread she worked her a** off on the shop NPCs...

So maybe she was over doing it, and that is why they look so shitty.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:56 am
ZNK
Andromeda Phoenix

rofl She needs to tone it down then... She certainly outdid herself ninja  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

ZNK

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:10 am
Andromeda Phoenix
ZNK
Andromeda Phoenix

Well, to be honest, the only one who looks like s**t to me is Ian...

His hat is horrid, especially with that realistic leaf... wtf!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:24 pm
ZNK
Andromeda Phoenix
ZNK
Andromeda Phoenix

I like Ian with his stoned, "I'm mad that I'm dressed in this, but I shouldn't get angry in front of the customers if I don't wanna scare them away" look. I don't even notice his hat. xd

It's Ruby I don't like. Her outfit is gorgeous, but compared to everything else she looks ridiculous, Gaian themed store or not. I also think the smirk just kills it. She looks like she's about to murder someone or something.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

ZNK

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:45 am
Andromeda Phoenix
ZNK
Andromeda Phoenix
ZNK
Andromeda Phoenix

I like Ian with his stoned, "I'm mad that I'm dressed in this, but I shouldn't get angry in front of the customers if I don't wanna scare them away" look. I don't even notice his hat. xd

It's Ruby I don't like. Her outfit is gorgeous, but compared to everything else she looks ridiculous, Gaian themed store or not. I also think the smirk just kills it. She looks like she's about to murder someone or something.

No no, She isn't smirking. Saka said it was a "age line". To show she is like, late 30s, maybe even 40... something.

And To be honest, she looked more slutty before, with her boobs perked up. But they are just flopping there now, looking far smaller. And cleavage just makes her seem younger.

The rest don't have cleavage to make them look like that are "maturing".

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:57 pm
ZNK
No no, She isn't smirking. Saka said it was a "age line". To show she is like, late 30s, maybe even 40... something.

Well, Saka can say that, but it still looks just like a smirk. (Honestly, methinks Saka may not be the artist she(?) used to be...)

Quote:
And To be honest, she looked more slutty before, with her boobs perked up. But they are just flopping there now, looking far smaller. And cleavage just makes her seem younger.

Meh, she may have had more cleavage exposed before, but now, she's arching her back to thrust her chest forward, which gives more prominence to her chest than before. Ruby's original design may have shown more skin, but it wasn't drawing attention to it, like the new design seems to be. *Shrug*

Regardless, though, the quality of the art for Ruby is just bad. Her face just looks... wrong.

Anyhoo, so we now have an announcement of a gold shop update. And - surprise of surprises! - they didn't bother to update Liam's avatar yet. Wow, Gaia did something kinda half-assed? Try to contain your shock.  

O.T.L.

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ZNK

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:20 pm
Shop update is not compatible with what they said here  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:22 pm
O.T.L.
ZNK

Well, Saka can say that, but it still looks just like a smirk. (Honestly, methinks Saka may not be the artist she(?) used to be...)

Quote:

Meh, she may have had more cleavage exposed before, but now, she's arching her back to thrust her chest forward, which gives more prominence to her chest than before. Ruby's original design may have shown more skin, but it wasn't drawing attention to it, like the new design seems to be. *Shrug*

Regardless, though, the quality of the art for Ruby is just bad. Her face just looks... wrong.

Anyhoo, so we now have an announcement of a gold shop update. And - surprise of surprises! - they didn't bother to update Liam's avatar yet. Wow, Gaia did something kinda half-assed? Try to contain your shock.

Well, according to Saka, the new Ruby is actually Kylie Minogue XD

ZNK

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:27 pm
ZNK
Shop update is not compatible with what they said here

I'm not sure I follow....  
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items