Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Nintendo's CES Announcement: What the Hell? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:47 am
It's not like Nintendo would be the only one forcing devs to put a trivial feature into their games. Just look at achievements.

Devs usually have to work with publishing companies to make walkthroughs anyway. This just puts it into the game.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:01 am
Waynebrizzle
It's not like Nintendo would be the only one forcing devs to put a trivial feature into their games. Just look at achievements.

Devs usually have to work with publishing companies to make walkthroughs anyway. This just puts it into the game.

Billions of hippies that protest the walk through guides because it uses trees prolly creamed themselves thinking about that way  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:08 am
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Waynebrizzle

Billions of hippies that protest the walk through guides because it uses trees prolly creamed themselves thinking about that way

And unless Nintendo jacks up the price, it's basically getting a player's guide for free.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:20 am
Waynebrizzle
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Waynebrizzle

And unless Nintendo jacks up the price, it's basically getting a player's guide for free.

Non the less there is a pair of pants needed to be cleaned because of this somewhere out thar in this sick sad world

how goes denko's cultie rpg btw?>>;

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 am
I dunno ask him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:49 am
Denko
No, I agree with you, and I know this already. I actually like this whole idea. What I meant was more like...
Well, there are great games for 360 and PS3 that just don't work on the Wii. I feel bad for them, sort of. Nintendo gradually has more and more ideas that just make many types of games harder to make for the Wii.
And I realize that the opposite works just as well, (games made specifically for the Wii that are awesome) but I just wish Nintendo didn't try quite so hard to force the uniqueness and not provide alternatives.
Alright, well... I'll be honest; I really don't know what you're talking about. Something that makes games harder to make for the Wii? Do you mean the underpoweredness and the motion controls? With that, yeah I can kinda understand that. It would be neat if Nintendo embraced the Classic Controller and the GameCube controller for third parties (and first) definitely. That makes sense. But I don't really see this Hints thing as being an issue.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Denko

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:52 pm
Meta_Fish
Denko
No, I agree with you, and I know this already. I actually like this whole idea. What I meant was more like...
Well, there are great games for 360 and PS3 that just don't work on the Wii. I feel bad for them, sort of. Nintendo gradually has more and more ideas that just make many types of games harder to make for the Wii.
And I realize that the opposite works just as well, (games made specifically for the Wii that are awesome) but I just wish Nintendo didn't try quite so hard to force the uniqueness and not provide alternatives.
Alright, well... I'll be honest; I really don't know what you're talking about. Something that makes games harder to make for the Wii? Do you mean the underpoweredness and the motion controls? With that, yeah I can kinda understand that. It would be neat if Nintendo embraced the Classic Controller and the GameCube controller for third parties (and first) definitely. That makes sense. But I don't really see this Hints thing as being an issue.

It wasn't directed specifically at this new idea Nintendo has; I was being very general.
But yeah, I think you get what I mean.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:54 pm
Denko
It wasn't directed specifically at this new idea Nintendo has; I was being very general.
But yeah, I think you get what I mean.
I like it, because I think Nintendo is establishing themselves as an "accompanying" console to one of the other two. If you think about it, last generation, all three consoles were capable of (more or less) the same thing with (more or less) very, very similar controllers. This generation, we have two consoles that are very similar, with a third one that is very different in both controls, hardware, and philosophy/approach.

To be honest, what's the point of having consoles on the market that are the same? There are only minor differences between the 360 and the PS3. The only thing that the consoles can really do at this point is battle for exclusives, when the games would be otherwise just as good for one console as they would the other. This was an issue that no one really talked about last generation, but hopefully the mainstream media picks up on it (doubtful) and starts to talk about it, elsewise we're just going to be repeating ourselves indefinitely and picking sides as fanboys.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:54 pm
Kind of a weird idea...

I'm really trying to wrap my brain around why they thought this was necessary, but I can't come up with anything.

Unless they're just giving GameFaqs the finger or something. xd

Not a bad idea per se...just an odd sort of thing to patent.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff