So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Wanting Challenges for Pokémon Crystal Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite second generation Pokémon game?
  Gold
  Silver
  Crystal
  I didn't play any of the second generation games.
View Results

RoseSpirit

5,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:33 pm
teh_n00b_huntr
Zephyrkitty
teh_n00b_huntr
Tempered Steel challenge: Starter is Cyndaquil and your only allowed to catch steel-type pokemon

Dark Ambush challenge: Starter is Totodile and your only allowed to catch dark-type pokemon

One of these two should prove to be fun
RULES:
HM slave is allowed but must meet the type requirement.
No rare candies
Must fight every trainer but run from all wild pokemon unless they are one of the above types
Only TM moves you can teach must be of the above type
Tempered Steel exception: you may catch Pineco, Scyther, and Onix only for the express purpose of evolving them, but may not fight them in the wild after catching it.

Dark Ambush won't work well for just Johto because Umbreon is the only dark-type I can get there. Tempered Steel can work with an exception; I'm allowed to catch one non-steel pokémon for Surfing.
You forgot about Houndoor/Houndoom, Sneasel, and Murkrow. I forgot to make an exception for larvitar so you could get Tyranitar.

only one non-steel type as an HM slave ninja

NEW CHALLENGE APPROACHING!
Evolution Pokemon Challenge
As soon as is possible your team can only consist of Eevee and its evolutions, you are free to use all or only a few if you so desire

She's not going to Kanto, so she can still catch Sneasel but not Murkrow or Houndour.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:32 pm
Ennokni
Zephyrkitty

Ennokni
Play the game using only your naughty bits (you could get some fake penises and use those if this proves too hard)

Game Boy Color + period = BAD ENDING

Wimp. But if it matters that much, I don't know, use your nipples then.

Zephyrkitty
I hate you.
I'm only doing this one if I combine it with the 'read all onscreen text' challenge. And then playing the game around family members and friends.

Ha, didn't see that coming (I assume).
Too bad Gary's not the rival in that game. The Game: Smell ya later!

Zephyrkitty
Ennokni
That's about all I can think of. Feel free to use at will, though half of them are copy righted and I will be expecting royalties.

No. *shoots weak point for massive damage*

Aww, man.

I'm glad you like 'em, I'm also impressed at your skill in hoarding.

What about playing through the whole game only using the move "Return"?

I'm worried that bleeding on the Game Boy would ruin it. Nipples are possible, but then I can't play in public.

I'm certain someone has made a motivational poster of that.

Return is possible, but I'd need to get a couple copies of the TM, so it'd take a couple weeks.

-Zephyrotica-
Teach your pets moves with only 5 PP and win the game with Struggle.

I'd need to figure out some TMs, but it's possible.

teh_n00b_huntr
Zephyrkitty
teh_n00b_huntr
Tempered Steel challenge: Starter is Cyndaquil and your only allowed to catch steel-type pokemon

Dark Ambush challenge: Starter is Totodile and your only allowed to catch dark-type pokemon

RULES:
No rare candies
Must fight every trainer but run from all wild pokemon unless they are one of the above types
Tempered Steel exception: you may catch Pineco, Scyther, and Onix only for the express purpose of evolving them, but may not fight them in the wild after catching it.

Dark Ambush won't work well for just Johto because Umbreon is the only dark-type I can get there. Tempered Steel can work with an exception; I'm allowed to catch one non-steel pokémon for Surfing.
You forgot about Houndoor/Houndoom, Sneasel, and Murkrow. I forgot to make an exception for larvitar so you could get Tyranitar.

As soon as is possible your team can only consist of Eevee and its evolutions, you are free to use all or only a few if you so desire

I haven't played Crystal before, so I didn't know that you could catch Sneasel in Johto. Houndour and Murkrow are only in Kanto, though.

Good to hear. I can't beat the game otherwise. XD

I have six Eevee in storage at the moment, so that's certainly possible. The only catch is that I can't get Eevee until I get to Ecruteak.

ChaosTorrent
Ditto challenge.

YOU MUST NAME ALL YOUR POKERMEN DITTO HAHAHAHAHA

Can I do the alternate version where I nickname everyone 'The Game'? And then put it up on Youtube or something? wink

Ennokni
I just want to note, for any of my ideas where the question arises "can I have an HM Slave?" the answer is no. If you need a, I dunno, Sudowoodo or whatever for Rock smash, everyone in your party has to be a Sudowoodo (good luck). I forget if this would apply to any other challenges, but yeah, no HM Slaves.
For that other challenge of only 1 move per pokemon, I'm gonna say that if you want to use an HM with a pokemon, that also has to be the move you use in battle. If Sudowoodo knows Rock Smash and you intend to use it outside of battle, it also has to be the move you use in every attack. If you decide to use a different attack, you're not allowed to use Rock Smash outside of battle.

I guess you don't have to adhere to these rules, but they're extra credit.

One question: what if the move I'm using gets disabled?
Other than that, sounds good. I'm not making a team of Sudowoodo, though.

~Xiloscent~
- 3 poketeers

only use the first three pokemon you catch to get you through battles in johto.

you can have more for HM tanks however.

Watch me get stuck using a Sentret, a Rattata, and a Hoothoot. XD

ChaosTorrent
Beat the entire game with nothing but up to four HM slaves.

All of their attacks must be HMs, and every HM in the game must be on at least one of them.

The first HM I get is Flash. gonk I think I know a work-around, though.

nerdyninja
No poke-center - Not allowed to heal at pokecenters, you can use PC's though

One use only - You can only teach a HM/TM once to a single pokemon. should be easy for TMs but try dealing with HMS ;D, choose wisely.

One use; one only - Same as above but you can only teach one TM/HM to a pokemon.

All the same - You pick one type, every pokemon on your team must be that type. Can be changed if all pokemon are changed to the new type. Sub-types are allowed if the other sub-type is your selected type.

Super all the same - Same as All the same but you can have only one type combination. E.I. If you have only fire, then you can have no sub-types. If you have normal/flying, then you can have only normal/flying types.

I'll add more. These are easy to medium in my opinion.

*stocks up on potions*

I've only taught each HM once this playthrough. cool I haven't accomplished the second one is this game, though.

I've done single-type challenges on my Red and Yellow versions; I find them really fun. I've never done super though; I'll need to try that at some point even if it isn't on this game.

WylrPnufh
Zephyrkitty
Ennokni
Play the game using only your naughty bits (you could get some fake penises and use those if this proves too hard)

Game Boy Color + period = BAD ENDING

DX

How about these:

Don't ever use Fly. (easy, but tedious)

Unown only (other than an HM slave, which you can't battle with)

Only catch pokemon with your first five pokeballs. That's it. If you want an HM slave, save one pokeball for later. (Resetting IS allowed)

Wanna kill yourself? Only Shiny pokemon. (You can use only your starter till you get one)

I dread beating the entire game with just Totodile because of that. I like flying too much. gonk

I might try Unown only.

One of these is going to be 'first X pokémon only', although I'll probably start with Totodile to make sure I can teach something Surf.

DX *starts wandering through grass*  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:14 pm
Yes, the Pokecenter First challenge does in fact allow you to use pokeballs, too, that is an exception.

Althought you CAN play it without using it, meaning that any pokemon that you use have to be given to you. There are quite a few in that game, so you could probably make a good enough team. Your starter, Eevee, Togepi... and a couple others, I think.

OTHER CHALLENGES:

DONATION, DONATION: You can only use pokemon that are given to you in game. This includes pokemon that you get traded to you, vbut you're only allowed to recieve one pokemon from each person you know who has a cartridge.

"I R Ash, Heer me RAWR." Challenge: You are only allowed to use pokemon that are caught in the T.V. Show during the gold/silver episodes. If they don't evolve in the T.V. show, you don't get to evolve them either. And they have to use only moves that are used in the T.V. show as well. No exceptions besides HMs and if there are less than four named, the fouth one that you automatically gained.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:24 pm
Zephyrkitty

I'm worried that bleeding on the Game Boy would ruin it. Nipples are possible, but then I can't play in public.

Return is possible, but I'd need to get a couple copies of the TM, so it'd take a couple weeks.

But you could play in public with your v(censorship)a? I assume that's what you were implying eariler... And you could totally manage it, just put it in a bra and shift/wiggle around to hit the buttons.

Zephyrkitty

Can I do the alternate version where I nickname everyone 'The Game'? And then put it up on Youtube or something? wink

YES. YOU SHOULD MOST DEFINITELY DO THIS.

Zephyrkitty

Ennokni
I just want to note, for any of my ideas where the question arises "can I have an HM Slave?" the answer is no. If you need a, I dunno, Sudowoodo or whatever for Rock smash, everyone in your party has to be a Sudowoodo (good luck). I forget if this would apply to any other challenges, but yeah, no HM Slaves.
For that other challenge of only 1 move per pokemon, I'm gonna say that if you want to use an HM with a pokemon, that also has to be the move you use in battle. If Sudowoodo knows Rock Smash and you intend to use it outside of battle, it also has to be the move you use in every attack. If you decide to use a different attack, you're not allowed to use Rock Smash outside of battle.

Tough luck. You either cure it with item (is there a item for that?), wait it out, or swap out. You aren't even allowed to use Struggle.

You should try to do as many challenges (from me or anyone else) at once as possible. See how many are possible.  

Ennokni

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:20 pm
Ennokni
Zephyrkitty

But you could play in public with your v(censorship)a? I assume that's what you were implying eariler... And you could totally manage it, just put it in a bra and shift/wiggle around to hit the buttons.

I can't play in public with my v****a either.
Possible, but playing the game with either would look really weird.

Ennokni
Zephyrkitty

YES. YOU SHOULD MOST DEFINITELY DO THIS.

I'll see if we have a video camera or some sort of alternative.

Ennokni
Zephyrkitty

Ennokni

Tough luck. You either cure it with item (is there a item for that?), wait it out, or swap out. You aren't even allowed to use Struggle.

You should try to do as many challenges (from me or anyone else) at once as possible. See how many are possible.

There's no items, but swapping might heal it.

There are a few challenges that I'm forced to do if I play with only one pokémon, or with certain pokémon, so I can probably get quite a few in at once.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:35 pm
Grand Master Challenge: When fighting/catching any pokemon, you must win in under seven turns. Period, whole game through. If you exceed seven, you must reset. It's so much tougher than it sounds, and can get really frustrating.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:31 pm
Wantcookie
Grand Master Challenge: When fighting/catching any pokemon, you must win in under seven turns. Period, whole game through. If you exceed seven, you must reset. It's so much tougher than it sounds, and can get really frustrating.

I'll try this. It sounds interesting.

One question, though: if I'm fighting someone with several pokémon, does the seven turns apply to the whole battle, or can I start over each time I beat one pokémon?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:25 pm
Zephyrkitty
teh_n00b_huntr
Zephyrkitty
teh_n00b_huntr

RULES:
No rare candies

I haven't played Crystal before, so I didn't know that you could catch Sneasel in Johto. Houndour and Murkrow are only in Kanto, though.

Good to hear. I can't beat the game otherwise. XD

I have six Eevee in storage at the moment, so that's certainly possible. The only catch is that I can't get Eevee until I get to Ecruteak.

XP thats lame, I thought they were in Johto, oh well.

TEMPERED STEEL CHALLENGE IS A GO-GO!!

I think this challenge is the easiest to actually accomplish since they can learn some diverse moves 3nodding  

teh_n00b_huntr

Ennokni

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:11 pm
Zephyrkitty

I can't play in public with my v****a either.
Possible, but playing the game with either would look really weird.

Well, what about feet/fingers/nose/elbows (not to mention your head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes) they would look equally weird and be equally difficult. The only difference is I bet the Gameboy would be incredibly grateful if you used naughty bits; if such a thing were possible.

Zephyrkitty

I'll see if we have a video camera or some sort of alternative.

You should name the six pokemon in your party
GIVE YOU UP
NEVER GONNA
LET YOU DOWN
NEVER GONNA
RUN AROUND AND
DESERT YOU

and your name would be:
NEVER GONNA

Zephyrkitty

There's no items, but swapping might heal it.

There are a few challenges that I'm forced to do if I play with only one pokémon, or with certain pokémon, so I can probably get quite a few in at once.

But see what the cap is for how many at once.

I tought of a few more:

Never change the order of the pokemon in your party

Play through the whole game with lvl 100 pokemon (you don't have the badges to train me!)

Play through the whole game while blasting Death Metal at full volume from a nearby stereo.

Play the whole game while standing up, or while jogging (better than Wii Fit!)

Only play the game from the hours of 1 am to 4 am EST.

Only play the game while Hannah Montana is currently airing on TV in the same room. And you have to be near the TV (less than 8 feet away) and the TV has to be on.

Play the game in complete darkness (this doesn't count if you're using an SP)

Extreme Challenges! (good luck):

Every time your attack misses, you must restart the game.

Every time you take damage, you must restart the game.

You are only allowed to move the controls by relaying what you wish to do to two blind midgets, who each control one side of the control. At least one of these midgets has to be a Sony fanboy. You are not allowed to touch the gameboy at all during this challenge.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:26 pm
Zephyrkitty
Wantcookie

I'll try this. It sounds interesting.

One question, though: if I'm fighting someone with several pokémon, does the seven turns apply to the whole battle, or can I start over each time I beat one pokémon?

It resets for each new pokemon. That would just be evil if it didn't. xd  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash