Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
The Nintendo Cult Game of the Year Award (We have a winner!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Smash Bros Brawl!
  Well, it was always gonna be Brawl!
  Didn't desurve to win.
View Results

silve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:58 pm
I can't remember if it was released in 2008, and while it is a remake, my vote goes to Okami  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:04 pm
Teh AK
Meta_Fish
THere are a few more recent titles I'd like to nominate, but nothing can beat Brawl. Good single player, great multiplayer, decent online, ******** of unlockables, amazing soundtrack, etc.

NO. ITS BAD. ):<

Other than online, Brawl wins. Yay.

@LF: Chrono Trigger doesn't really count. Sure, it's the BEST ******** GAME EVERRRRRR, but it also came out in 1995.
Yeah, but it is a re-release.
WITH NEW STUFF.
So yeah. U: <  

LifelessFawkes

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:47 pm
Teh AK
Meta_Fish
THere are a few more recent titles I'd like to nominate, but nothing can beat Brawl. Good single player, great multiplayer, decent online, ******** of unlockables, amazing soundtrack, etc.

NO. ITS BAD. ):<

Other than online, Brawl wins. Yay.
It's not really that bad. I've been playing online more that past couple of weeks and I've had very minor issues.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:53 pm
The bad online wouldn't bother me if it wasn't a multiplayer game.  

Waynebrizzle

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:57 pm
Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:59 pm
What the Pho
teh_n00b_huntr
OBJECTION!

We need a few categories specialized to the N Cult such as Nintendo GOY, Non-Nintendo GOY, and Best New Game (not a remake or sequal)

NGOY- Brawl
BNG- The World Ends With You

I agree. I was thinking about more categories.

yes but those were just a few suggestions, I feel like adding best soundtrack(all '08 games) to that list. ninja  

teh_n00b_huntr

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:53 pm
Teh AK
Waynebrizzle
>_>
Derp?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:12 pm
Brawl was the best game I ever played on the Wii.

Brawl FTW  

V1SUAL K31

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:24 pm
Other than Brawl and TWEWY, I really haven't played anything released this year. My votes regarding best Wii and DS games should be obvious from that.

If we were just going by best games played this year, it'd be a different story. It'd also be nearly impossible for me to decide between Super Mario All-Stars (specifically SMB3, but the whole game's great) and EarthBound. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:57 am
******** the rules.

I nominate Bionic Commando Rearmed...which is a remake of an NES game so that should count kinda sorta.  

Mephisto D

WylrPnufh

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:53 am
We should make a Nintendo Oscars
For the next.. oh, I dunno.
We should vote on different categories
Leave one category up for 2-3 days, then make a new one

Best Score
Best Gameplay
New Game
New character
Sequel
etc

Best game being totally last
And we should nominate them.

=DDDD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:56 am
Cooking Mama World Kitchen xp

But seriously, to me it would be a tie between Brawl and Wario Land Shake It. Brawl had a great way of combining all the different characters in the Subspace Emmisarry (however you spell it) not to mention a kick-a** soundtrack (gourmet race and Final Destination FTW!)

Wario Land Shake It however, was a really great game that gave Wario a good comeback after the GameCube went bye-bye. their animation styles were great and the storyline was one of the best I'd say. The boss battles were good too.

But overall, I'd say........BRAWL FTW exclaim  

MaverickDrifter

ilinkzeldi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:24 am
I would have to say brawl because personally I loved its story play. It had some nice cutscenes and actually delivered a quality story mode. It was also fun to unlock all the character's and show my friends how much I could pwn them with link! It's a very well done way of combining the best of nintendo in a smashed up brawling game!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:53 pm
Didn't play a lot of new games this year, but I'll go with Brawl as the best Nintendo game I played this year, and the 5 minutes of Valkyria Chronicles I've touched as best non Nintendo game of the year.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH  

Allegro

Veritas Unae_Nanashi

Dapper Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Full closet 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:03 pm
teh_n00b_huntr
What the Pho
teh_n00b_huntr
OBJECTION!

We need a few categories specialized to the N Cult such as Nintendo GOY, Non-Nintendo GOY, and Best New Game (not a remake or sequal)

NGOY- Brawl
BNG- The World Ends With You

I agree. I was thinking about more categories.

yes but those were just a few suggestions, I feel like adding best soundtrack(all '08 games) to that list. ninja

xP If we were doing best game soundtrack, deBLOB would win it for me. Being able to shape the soundtrack to how you wanted it is an awesome concept.

I'd also like to nominate deBLOB for game of the year, because although Brawl is an awesome game, it's concepts were pretty much taken from Melee and build from there. deBLOB was a completely new concept and innovately used that Wii Remote controls to it's advantage. Some bad camera in places, but an all round excellent game. I'm still yet to try it's multiplayer though. ^^  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff