Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:33 am
krystalmetalera
No place like 127 0 0 1
Zora Darkblade
No place like 127 0 0 1
ok im guilty of listening to a lot of melo death/folkpaganish/death... crying i cant help it. I always have listened to them.
id like to replace them...
i like bands similar to war of ages..woa is the closest (stilll not the same)
im willing to stop listening to them and delete them. Any recomendations to replace them??
no i dont like skillet and i really dont like anything that ends with core...help me please..
i dont like bands like flyleaf
dont like the so called" christian black metal" i think some of them try to christian but fail and give the opposite (LOL at video of burning cross...then again the stuff i listen to.. lol )
and dont like music that dont make sense...
i also dont really like some of demon hunter..its just...not the same : (

OR at least some really good symphonic power metal or other metal... mkay? (im really picky)
thanks
Divinefire and Harmony are amazing symphonic power/progressive metal bands. HB is also symphonic, and similar to Nightwish with Finnish and English language songs. These three have spiritual themes in their lyrics.

These aren't Christian, but their sound kills me each time. They're awesome:
Equilibrium
Turisas
Kalmah
Rhapsody of Fire (symphonic with fantasy themes)

Hollenthon's kinda nice too, though needs more female singing.

I don't know if this stuff is anywhere close to your taste, but ya might like it.

thanks ill go through them all biggrin

and i just deleted all of my collection!!!! ...(okay except for norther ill eventually delete them) crying

edit:erm...the last lists..theyre all melo death/black/viking... except for the last one sweatdrop
lol,easy,i know alot of christian metal bands(experience counts):virgin black,becoming the archetype,zao,holy blood,maylene and the sons of disaster,impending doom,the chariot,oh sleeper,as i lay dying,demon hunter,the showdown,august burns red,The Ascendicate,the famine,soul embraced,inhale/exhale(although they have turned a little screamo),norma jean,once nothing,the agony scene,alethian,society's finest,living sacrifice(although they broke up some years back),Extol,my children my bride,destroy the rinner,thy will be done,as cities burn,trenches,etc.

please,if yiou wish to know about more christian metal bands,pm or comment smile

yours sincerally:
_TEH_METAL_

thx ill check them out!
you sure Virgin Black is christian......?*checks* oh yea they are  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 am
somebody said youre going to hell if you listen to metal, regardless of the lyrices sad
is that true?!?!?!!!! surprised  

No place like 127 0 0 1

tep

Benevolent Prophet

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:38 pm
I'm surprised that no one has said underĂ˜ATH yet. They're my favorite band of all time. I love those guys.

But just to list some:
underĂ˜ATH
The Almost
Spoken
Life In Your Way
Sever Your Ties
Ruth
Paramore
Yes, I know, Paramore isn't ENTIRELY Christian, but ever member of the band is and some of their songs have Christian meanings.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:44 pm
My picks are as follows:

Paramore
Anberlin
Mae
Switchfoot
Underoath
Fireflight
As I Lay Dying
The Classic Crime
Run Kid Run
Waking Ashland
Hillsong
Destroy The Runner

(:

DelightfulCatastrophe

bakerJos

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:11 am
YEAHH MUSIC!!!!
Zao, demon hunter, living sacrifice, extol, project 86, showbread, the showdown, nodes of ranvier, still remains, (old) dead poetic, emobodyment,stretch armstong, underoath, the chariot, BLINDSIDE!!, Norma Jean, Bloodline Calligraphy,eso charis, stars are falling, stavesacre, training for utopia, soul embraced, chevelle,sick of change, slick shoes, selfmindead,focal point, no innocent victim, nailed promise,everymans' hero, "(old)mxpx, anguish unsaid, like david, the blue letter, hanover saints, shop 11 phoenix, turning kelie, holdown, public unrest, illuminate,presciption,awaiting the end, five iron frenzy,noggin taboggin,symphony in peril, the deadlines,haste the day, officer negative,mortal, treason, thrice,soul embraced,watashi wa,as I lay dying,he is legend,me without you, as cities burn,sinai beach,and winter soltice to name a few lol ninja  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:16 pm
No place like 127 0 0 1
somebody said youre going to hell if you listen to metal, regardless of the lyrices sad
is that true?!?!?!!!! surprised
xd

Lol, no. That's just crazy extremist fundamentalist thinking. Metal is totally safe... well, most of it. There is satanic metal out there, but I don't really listen to it.

P.S. Virgin Black and Saviour Machine are really freakin awesome! Virgin Black is Christian, though their genre can be considered gothic/doom metal.

I've really gotten into other gothic stuff lately, like Nox Arcana.  

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

iParadoxical

Desirable Guildswoman

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:23 pm
Devil Wears Prada
Underoath
Kutless
Thousand Foot Krutch
Skillet
Red
Casting Crowns
Paramore
Flyleaf
Fireflight
Act of Congress
Disciple
Anberlin
Israel
EDDIE JAMES
Sanctus Real
Toby Mac
Pillar

If you don't know Eddie James, you have have HAVE got to listen to him. He's amazing.
I swear I loose 10 pounds dancing to his music, and worshiping God.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcrBRKXX77w  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:40 pm
Relient K
Hawk Nelson
Wavorly
Ross King
Flyleaf

& more~

A-D-M-I-R-E-R

irool75

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am
my favorite is Chris Tomlin. i also like:

Switchfoot
As I Lay Dieing
Third Day

pretty much everyone. biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:56 pm
Heartsong (Saw them live all week at my Church camp! WOOT!)
Kari Jobe (I love her song "Revelation")
Jeremy Camp
Francesca Battistelli (I think I spelled it right)
Pillar
and
Skillet  

Spreading The Word

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:44 pm
Relient K
Anberlin
Capital Lights
Underoath
The Afters
Flyleaf
Paramore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:48 pm
Casting Crowns is the BEST!!! What if his people prayed is my favorite song ever!  

Sugarbeary

Zukato Nokuchiku

Big Bro

14,375 Points
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:02 pm
David Crowder Band is an amazing band with alittle bit of a electronic sound to it, and they got a passion for the Lord too. But im currently searching for a more unusual music with praisings or influence by the Christian faith. Don't some of you think that todays mainstream Christian music sounds all the same? How about a real deal of synthpop, electronica, industrial, or what about a kind of Japanese pop sound?

Here's a rare example of two Christian Industrial band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9uYKwDvdRM&feature=channel

two bands, two songs in one video.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:17 am
i like flyleaf, skillet, addison roads, disciple, curvine, red, chris tomlin, misty edwards and hillsong  

Sweet Sayori

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces