Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Why is gaia so anti-christian. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Romantica

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:42 pm
Sometimes as Christians we are placed in situations that don't always acknowledge God. Jesus sent his disciples out into the world to be beacons of light and to bear witness to others, even though persecution and rejection is just around the corner.

The way I see it, the best way we can live as Christians is to bear our testimony in our actions. Be a good example to others. Jesus had the option of secluding his life and staying away from the secular crowds so he could be away from the ungodly people of his time, but he didn't. He didn't hang out with the religious authorities - he was with tax collectors, prostitutes, demoniacs, the diseased, the poor, and the untouchables of society. When the religious people asked him why he was around such "sinners," Jesus replied: "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick."

In short, Jesus loves all people, and as Christians following in his footsteps we are to do the same for all others. We can't always be sheltered, but at the same time it does not mean we should compromise our beliefs, assimilate others or become easily influenced. Of course we need fellowship as Christians, but we can't always look for the safe way out. Even if Gaia is not Christian (as it was not intentionally meant to be), there is still a way to be a beacon of light to other people and extend Jesus' love to those that need it most.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:05 am
Here's a question, why are so many Christians on this site and in the world all over so against atheists and pagans? And you all wonder why the flames when you go all "Jesus is Lord?" To a few it seems like you are a possible proselytizer and many a person hates them. Don't act so victimized.  

Ricette

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:23 am
Quote:
Firstly not all Christians shove their religion down people's throats, and secondly do you REALLY think that other religions DON'T do that? Your right because in the middle east if you aren't Muslim they just KILL YOU... if thats not shoving religion down your throat I don't know what it..So when you say that Christianity is anti-world that's just ignorant. ALL religions believe that they are right and that everyone else is wrong INCLUDING atheists. And ALL religions have people who try to shove their beliefs down other people's throats.
Actually I know a lot of muslims that don't shove their religion down people's throats and don't want to kill non-believers. That's a stereotype that you need to refrain from saying. And I doubt Jesus was into ethnocentrisim. I'm a pagan and I think I'm right in my own path and I don't tell people to be a pagan or they die of some horrible disease. I just go along my path and you can go along your's. But I will tell you to exhibit cultural relativism and use critical thinking.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:28 am
Ricette
Here's a question, why are so many Christians on this site and in the world all over so against atheists and pagans? And you all wonder why the flames when you go all "Jesus is Lord?" To a few it seems like you are a possible proselytizer and many a person hates them. Don't act so victimized.

For those who don't provoke attacks on others' beliefs, it is definitely within their rights to question. An individual cannot speak for others of the same recognized community. Just as one individual cannot speak for the actions of other people of his or her race. Should I bash Americans because at least one American soldier has killed a civilian in battle in all of history? Should I blame all Afghans for an isolated act of terrorism?  

OneWithDunamis

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:38 am
Dark Angel Rai
Quote:
Firstly not all Christians shove their religion down people's throats, and secondly do you REALLY think that other religions DON'T do that? Your right because in the middle east if you aren't Muslim they just KILL YOU... if thats not shoving religion down your throat I don't know what it..So when you say that Christianity is anti-world that's just ignorant. ALL religions believe that they are right and that everyone else is wrong INCLUDING atheists. And ALL religions have people who try to shove their beliefs down other people's throats.
Actually I know a lot of muslims that don't shove their religion down people's throats and don't want to kill non-believers. That's a stereotype that you need to refrain from saying. And I doubt Jesus was into ethnocentrisim. I'm a pagan and I think I'm right in my own path and I don't tell people to be a pagan or they die of some horrible disease. I just go along my path and you can go along your's. But I will tell you to exhibit cultural relativism and use critical thinking.

Different people react differently. What's considered "shoving God down one's throat" can be seen as a gesture of genuine kindness to another non-believer. If a situation arises where a Christian is to explain their beliefs, it would do the audience injustice to leave out crucial information regarding Christianity, such as Jesus being the one true God. Whether the audience agrees or not is another issue. This act alone should not be seen as shoving Christianity down one's throat; to think so would be intolerance against Christianity, the same kind of intolerance that non-believers of this faith constantly accuse Christians of practicing.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:11 pm
OneWithDunamis
Dark Angel Rai
Quote:

Different people react differently. What's considered "shoving God down one's throat" can be seen as a gesture of genuine kindness to another non-believer. If a situation arises where a Christian is to explain their beliefs, it would do the audience injustice to leave out crucial information regarding Christianity, such as Jesus being the one true God. Whether the audience agrees or not is another issue. This act alone should not be seen as shoving Christianity down one's throat; to think so would be intolerance against Christianity, the same kind of intolerance that non-believers of this faith constantly accuse Christians of practicing.
Act of kindness? To whom, a freaking masochist?  

Ricette

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:21 am
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can talk about God without saying the words "You're lost, you're deceieved, and my all time favorite, you're going to hell.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:18 am
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can talk about God without saying the words "You're lost, you're deceieved, and my all time favorite, you're going to hell.

In response to this, I must say, it is true that most people believe that a small gesture of kindness is, and I quote a few people on this, "Just another excuse to push your stupid beliefs on us". It saddens me that people think that way. But, as an individual, they have the right to their opinion. All we can do is spread the word, and pray that someone will hear our words, and join us.  

Tornadomaster_Auron

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:14 am
i think most of the people in this thread have gotten a little off topic. why is gaia so anti-christian? most of you seem to rather debate whether it is anti-christian or not than to address the real issue.

the fact is, ALL christians have a tendency to be judgemental. that is because we are ALL human. (yes i include myself in this)

the world itself is a judgemental place, and it seems to be getting more so by the day.

judging goes both ways, meaning both parties are at fault. Gaia does tend to attract non-christians more, but that shouldn't even be a problem, and it wouldnt' be if any one, anywhere was able to carry out a discussion with out taking it personally, including in this thread.

if you call someone judgemental, does that not make YOU judgemental?

sorry if this seems judgemental, but i felt like this needed to be pointed out to some of you.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:49 am
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In response to this, I must say, it is true that most people believe that a small gesture of kindness is, and I quote a few people on this, "Just another excuse to push your stupid beliefs on us". It saddens me that people think that way. But, as an individual, they have the right to their opinion. All we can do is spread the word, and pray that someone will hear our words, and join us.
Telling someone that they are lost, deceieved and that they are going to hell is not kind, it's very offensive. What if I told you that you're going to be reincarnated into a cockroach because of your misdeeds, would you think that is being kind or that is offensive? Try placing yourself in someone else's shoes.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:53 am
Quote:
i think most of the people in this thread have gotten a little off topic. why is gaia so anti-christian? most of you seem to rather debate whether it is anti-christian or not than to address the real issue.

the fact is, ALL christians have a tendency to be judgemental. that is because we are ALL human. (yes i include myself in this)

the world itself is a judgemental place, and it seems to be getting more so by the day.

judging goes both ways, meaning both parties are at fault. Gaia does tend to attract non-christians more, but that shouldn't even be a problem, and it wouldnt' be if any one, anywhere was able to carry out a discussion with out taking it personally, including in this thread.

if you call someone judgemental, does that not make YOU judgemental?

sorry if this seems judgemental, but i felt like this needed to be pointed out to some of you.
You just have to remember "Judge not lest ye be judged" and remember that there is only one judge and that's God. Remember that and people won't be so hard on you. That's all.

As a note, the quote button in the guilds is messed up so at the top of a quote please take out the username of the person you are quoting and it'll work. ^.^v  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:28 pm
Ricette
OneWithDunamis
Dark Angel Rai
Quote:

Act of kindness? To whom, a freaking masochist?

Sure, if that's what you call new Christians.  

OneWithDunamis

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:40 pm
Dark Angel Rai
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Telling someone that they are lost, deceieved and that they are going to hell is not kind, it's very offensive. What if I told you that you're going to be reincarnated into a cockroach because of your misdeeds, would you think that is being kind or that is offensive? Try placing yourself in someone else's shoes.

At the same time, one must try to understand the other side's views to before drawing any conclusions. Christians can skip all that details that seem offensive or negative, but then they're not doing justice to the belief. Christians don't, or shouldn't, feel smug about knowing they won't go to hell, and when they spread the word it's not meant to be an attack on others. It's like this: if a person is drowning and another person comes in a raft and says "get on or you'll eventually drown," would that be an attack on the drowning victim's ability to swim? Christians aren't spreading the word to condemn people. We believe that by our faults we condemn ourselves, and God can redeem us so we tell people about Him hoping that no one will die eternally.

And so yes, I do agree that people should try and view things from someone else's shoes. Actually all Christians have been in those shoes to begin with, because no one is born a Christian. So we all made that choice at some point in our lives. But it is true that people make mistakes, so we shouldn't be rude in our delivery. Although skipping over the consequences of not accepting Christ is almost like telling a cancer patient all is well. It's just wrong to sugarcoat things if it doesn't help.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:11 pm
OneWithDunamis
At the same time, one must try to understand the other side's views to before drawing any conclusions. Christians can skip all that details that seem offensive or negative, but then they're not doing justice to the belief. Christians don't, or shouldn't, feel smug about knowing they won't go to hell, and when they spread the word it's not meant to be an attack on others. It's like this: if a person is drowning and another person comes in a raft and says "get on or you'll eventually drown," would that be an attack on the drowning victim's ability to swim? Christians aren't spreading the word to condemn people. We believe that by our faults we condemn ourselves, and God can redeem us so we tell people about Him hoping that no one will die eternally.

And so yes, I do agree that people should try and view things from someone else's shoes. Actually all Christians have been in those shoes to begin with, because no one is born a Christian. So we all made that choice at some point in our lives. But it is true that people make mistakes, so we shouldn't be rude in our delivery. Although skipping over the consequences of not accepting Christ is almost like telling a cancer patient all is well. It's just wrong to sugarcoat things if it doesn't help.
I could not have said it better myself. 3nodding  

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:51 am
Zora Darkblade
OneWithDunamis

I could not have said it better myself. 3nodding
Thank you. I try 3nodding

And is your siggy a verse from the Bible? If so where is that?  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff