Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Vampires Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iy8970970607

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:15 pm
SlaineWildfire
For the same reason I choose to spell magic without the k; it seems pretentious and it isn't the actual English spelling of the word. Anyone with a brain can tell you that the mythical types of vampires, the ones that live forever and have crazy abilities to shapeshift or fly or whatnot are not real, so I see no reason to differentiate.

And no, I haven't read the vampyre bible. All of my information comes from living the life. Wasn't that created by the Sanguinarium people? I have no respect for them.

why?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:22 pm
SlaineWildfire
What do you mean, take energy out of people in people? Take out their pain, or take the energy while their in pain, or take their energy as pain? I'd say yes to all of the above.

As far as seeing a chakra, that just takes practice and concentration. Deep meditation is a good start, and then just knowing what you're looking for helps. I'm not sure how one goes about starting to do it... I just kind of knew how.

the whole sence chackra thing, in my head i call it mana, or prana if its actual life force,
I can see a light diffraction by both Prana and Aura but I sence most energy by smell, like a lemon without the sweetness and without the tang, and touch. like a vapor like liquid. ^^
I had to train for mana sencation.

I deal usualy with the happier emotions, but I can assimilate pain into myself. ^^ [Its seems like i'm puting my 2 cents into this conversation. ^_^]  

iy8970970607

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:25 pm
The Pied Piper of Sunday
SlaineWildfire
For the same reason I choose to spell magic without the k; it seems pretentious and it isn't the actual English spelling of the word. Anyone with a brain can tell you that the mythical types of vampires, the ones that live forever and have crazy abilities to shapeshift or fly or whatnot are not real, so I see no reason to differentiate.

And no, I haven't read the vampyre bible. All of my information comes from living the life. Wasn't that created by the Sanguinarium people? I have no respect for them.

why?

Why what? Why do I not respect the people who were a part of the Sanguinarium? Mostly because they were idiot. Their idea were flawed, their methods were crude, they were like role players only without the acting ability. Father Todd, one of the founding members, admitted to being a pretender and "retired" from the lifestyle. There's nothing to respect there.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:01 pm
SlaineWildfire
The Pied Piper of Sunday
SlaineWildfire

why?

Why what? Why do I not respect the people who were a part of the Sanguinarium? Mostly because they were idiot. Their idea were flawed, their methods were crude, they were like role players only without the acting ability. Father Todd, one of the founding members, admitted to being a pretender and "retired" from the lifestyle. There's nothing to respect there.

you stand in a wiccan guild, a vampire, and disbelive the possibility and respection of sanguine vampires becasue of one man admitance of a fraud?  

iy8970970607

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:46 pm
The Pied Piper of Sunday
you stand in a wiccan guild, a vampire, and disbelive the possibility and respection of sanguine vampires becasue of one man admitance of a fraud?

And because of everything else I listed, yes. Just because I'm a vampire doesn't mean I believe everything I hear. If I weren't discerning, I'd never get anywhere in life. Hell, half the reason why I feel that I'm a vampire is *because* I'm discerning. You don't have to believe me, I really couldn't care less if you believed me, but you should strive at the very least to both understand and evaluate every single one of my claims. Nothing that you read, see, or hear should be believed at first glance. Everything, especially everything on the internet, should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt and should be passed through your own personal filters. That's exactly what I did with Father Todd and the Sanguinarium. I looked at what they believed in, I looked at what they claimed, and found it all, from start to finish, to be severely lacking in substance. Father Todd's admittance of being a fraud was merely the icing on the cake. More importantly, Father Todd was essentially the beginning and ending of the Sanguinarium. Everything that they as a house believed in originated within Father Todd's mind and was primarily based on a role playing game, from the terminology (such as Childe, Sire, Sanctuary, etc) to the first version of the Black Veil. As I said, it was flawed from the beginning because of this and there was really very little worth repeating.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:48 am
I don't know, everything here seems to be able to be explained without the supernatural. The sensitivity to the eyes thing and those symptoms like weak lungs could have been explained through some kind of medical condition, go see your (eye)doctor. Silly goofs :3  

The Red Sorcerer

Cloud_Murasama

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:41 am
1.) Sensitivity to light, either the eyes or skin (false vampires are not truely affected by sunlight)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:04 pm
i don't want to sound like a jerk, but the need to drink blod to get energy sounds like someone who is anemic, and needs the iron for their blood so they can get more oxygen. i could be 100% wrong, but i guess i'm just a skeptic.  

zainith666

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:25 am
It's good to be skeptical, but as someone who has anemia, I know that you cannot absorb iron through the drinking of blood. It simply doesn't work. In fact, drinking blood can make a human very sick, if you drink too much of it, or it's not fresh, etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:18 pm
Cloud_Murasama
1.) Sensitivity to light, either the eyes or skin (false vampires are not truely affected by sunlight)

Vampires have a bigger aura than humans so if they are exposed to uv too much its like a sunburn but on your aura hehe

zainith666
i don't want to sound like a jerk, but the need to drink blod to get energy sounds like someone who is anemic, and needs the iron for their blood so they can get more oxygen. i could be 100% wrong, but i guess i'm just a skeptic.

Contrary to what she said vampires have a thick lining of mucus in there stomach that makes them able to digest blood just like food. (I dont drink blood)

SlaineWildfire
It's good to be skeptical, but as someone who has anemia, I know that you cannot absorb iron through the drinking of blood. It simply doesn't work. In fact, drinking blood can make a human very sick, if you drink too much of it, or it's not fresh, etc.

Pure iron ore hurt vampires by blocking their energy flow so they cant heal as well. (just saying)

Ephemeral Lazarus
SlaineWildfire

why?

I do respect the black veil except the part about no children (teens) I am a dmpyr an older spirited vampire who knew what she wa very early on. The facade has taught me many thing.

To know you are a vampire you need to have all the symptoms. Symptoms she missed: Childhood or adulecent depression, intrige with history, a slight clairvoyance, and being able to sence other vampires.

Sorry for posting so much but I did need to clear up a few things like~

Vampires were humans who were reborn many time, that is where the myth of imortality came from, older vampires(those who have been reborn many times) are more powerful and are to be respected, dampyrs sometimes remember things from their past life as children.

Vampires can emitte an "aura" thingy that can absorve a bit of human, animal, plant's energy while: touching, talking, and even being in the same room. If their "energy" levels are lower than the rooms they can drain energy so they reach balance with the room.

Very hungry vampires may drain humans quickly, in severe cases having them feel really faint.

((ok I thinks that is it...I'm tired good night. I do recomend reading the vampire...calender or was it...I forgot but it has lists of the "requirements" of being a real vamp and helpful feeding tips. If I remember anything I will post more tomorrow...))

SwirlingDark
I'm intrigued by this topic and have a question.

Are there measures you can take to stop a Vampire feeding off you?

I live with a Vampire and she keeps stealing all my energy. I already have depression, and lack energy to begin with. As a result I can sleep over twelve hours per night.

The thing is, she doesn't believe in Vampires in any way, shape or form. She's a devout Mormon and would just look at me as though I had two heads if I asked her to stop feeding off my energy.

If she is your room mate dont sleep in the same room, vampires sifen energy from anything and everything near them while they sleep.

If she doesnt want to notice what she is you can make sure she feeds before you spend time with her, like making her relax in a public place. To start feeding you need to relax and concentrate.

XxsinicalxX
wow im not really into dis guild but i found this vampyric topic n it grabbed ma attention .. im really obsessed with vampires since i was small .. dreamet dem as well.. but i guess i'll always live ma life wishing to b one since i read da part where it said dat u can't b turned into one .. only b born one... *sigh... 2 questions though ..
- can u take energy out of people in pain?? i actually feel more full of energy wen sumone like dat is around me...
-how exactly can u c a chakra?? im not really good at it xD

Being a vampire isnt as nice as it sounds girl, when I found out I cried (still cry) being human is wonderful dont take it for granted.

The myth of vampires turning vampires it that if a vampire feeds too much from a human the human starts being energy deprived, despite being able to produce their own energy. Good thing is that humans can take energy from other humans too, happens all the time in hospital when humans are sick, weak and need energy.

JeanMorgan
Actually, it wasn't. The authors' names illude me at the moment, but I assure you that you're misled on who contributed to it.
As for the 'English Spelling'-
If you look at the 2008 edition of Webster's both Magick and Vampyre can be found. I'm sorry you find it, how do you say, pretentious.
Most of us who follow the goddess wish to differentiate between the man in the top hat and cape.

wow your conversation was a bit harsh, but anyway I dont think it really matters how you spell it there have been vampires in all the cultures and each have different words and names these are just more names to call them...(dont like being refered to as one but I hve to compamise by refering myself as a v or vamp)

Edit by Mod: Please don't double post - it's against our guild rules. Instead, hit up the edit button. wink

If you're unsure of the definition of double posting, or our rules for that matter, then our Guild Guidebook should answer all your questions.

Deedet-san

Beloved Bloodsucker

6,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Love Machine 150
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games