Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Empress T a k a r a

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:16 am
wooga Paes

1: yup, through roleplay :3 you need to talk to the pride owners and set up an RP between your rogue and a pride leader (or someone else in the rpdie with "the power" to let a member in)
2: no, they will grow on whatever lineart they are born in. The exception is with rogue lines, in which case you can convert from the old rogue lines to the new rogue lines. But you cannot convert tofrom rogue lines (new or old) to pridal lines.
3 - it really depends on the pride xD;; Some prides are just a pride(Pridelands, Motoujamii, Umande'mufni), some prides have clans in them (Ela'wadiyi, Kunanda'nakhun). You should read up on pride info.
4 - Customs work usually monthly, the colorist usually picks the way they want to give them out. Sometimes its colorists choice (everyone sends in their form and the colorists picks whatever they want), sometimes its speed (first some first serve, limited amount of slots) aaand raffles.

Ohh! Thank you. c:

But regarding the lineart, are there new lines apart from the ones in the Species of SoA thread?
Or those ARE the new edits? If they aren't, where can I find the new ones?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:35 am
this is what old rogue lines look like (adults)

female

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Colche/soas/afritidogoadult-2.png

Male

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Colche/soas/nyekfbreed.jpg

and this is new rogue lines (adults)

female

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Colche/soas/sibling3.jpg

male

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Colche/soas/bannerteatime.jpg

hope this helps ^_^!  

Syrius Lionwing

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:12 pm
Can lions from other prides, like, say, a demon pride mate with rogue lions or lions from other prides? o:  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:57 pm
Yup! <3 Being in a pride doesn't mean you can only breed within the pride.  

Chibi Sheepcat

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:21 pm
I was wondering. If I wanted to custom a adolescent that was frozen in that state...

1.) Could they still breed?
2.) Would it still be 400k, or 350k since I want it to be frozen as an adolesecent?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:56 pm
MoonKitsune
I was wondering. If I wanted to custom a adolescent that was frozen in that state...

1.) Could they still breed?
2.) Would it still be 400k, or 350k since I want it to be frozen as an adolesecent?

An Adol can still breed, but they can only have 1/2 of the normal amount of cubs. (For instance, adol lions can only roll out of 3 as opposed to the 6 that adults have potential for.)

I believe they'd cost 350k, because they don't grow at all, so work-wise they're the same as an adult.  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Empress T a k a r a

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:15 pm
Mmm. For customs,
What exactly are slots and how is it... err used?
._.
I mean, if someone gets a slot, it is understood that they are chosen to get a custom, yes?
-confused-

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:07 pm
Empress T a k a r a
Mmm. For customs,
What exactly are slots and how is it... err used?
._.
I mean, if someone gets a slot, it is understood that they are chosen to get a custom, yes?
-confused-

If you get a slot for a custom, then yes, you can order one. biggrin From a cub to and adult, from any of the species. :3

It's kind of like...there are 5 of a limited item, and if you're quick enough, then you get one! To try and put it in different terms.

Colourists typically open them once a month, but not always.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:56 pm
I read that a lion cub will grow into an adult
with the line art he/she was born in.
So if it's born with the old art, it grows into the old art.
But then you can get it changed to the new art.
I just won the cub in my sig from an RP contest and
I was wondering what line art she's on? XD
I haven't seen anything about it anywhere...

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:04 pm
She's on new lines. <3  

Chibi Sheepcat

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:47 pm
Questions again.

Okay, since I want my SOA to be frozen as an adolescent as a side effect of being cursed, would I need to get permission from a god or when I get the custom, plan to contact a god to request they either rp with my SOA so they become cursed or just get permission so, if I rp saying they where cursed, it would be okay?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:50 am
Typically, people will rp their SoA with the god that will curse them. Just as a formality, or "proof," perhaps.

Sometimes the colorist will color their other stages anyway, but you are free to rp the SoA as whatever age you want (as long as they have already reached that stage on the lineart), if that answers your question.

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:41 am
To freeze an already existing SoA you now need a completed RP with a god as proof of a curse, completed at the stage you want them frozen. Needs to be posted along with the request in the colourists thread.

I'm unsure about customing one as frozen - but you could find someone willing to have their god curse them as one of their first RPs, perhaps, if you wanted to be sure? ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:42 pm
Okay, so I have two questions that I've always been curious about:
First off, do god/goddess breedings cost more because the result is godlings rather than mortal cubs? And second, is the SoA map used for showing Pride territories topographical? Like, are the darker parts mountains? Or are they something else, like population density?

Dr_jelly

.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces