• First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

123WAFFLES

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:39 am
Well maybe it has something to do with the fact that HE'S A TIME TRAVELER!!!! Can you imagine how hard it would be for a time traveler to keep track of his age??? No, his age doesn't change when he travels, but still. Just something to think about...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:42 am
Maybe it's not "legit," but on the special edition of The Weakest Link featuring all Doctor Who cast, David claims to be, playing as the Doctor, 925 years old.

You can take that as the age or you can think he's just throwing around numbers.

Also, there are adventures in between the show so the age can change there(cough books are half awesome cough).

I figure he usually just throws a number around because even Davies would notice the flaw.  

Aaya-San

Man-Hungry Fatcat

14,050 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100

Deus Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:40 pm
Actually Steven moffat has confirmed the doctor dosent remember his age, and is possible he has mixed up his age with for the amount of time he has travelled.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:40 pm
I'm of the camp that when you have nearly a thousand years of life behind you, then the exact number can get a little fuzzy. It's not like he can say, "Well, I was born in X, so therefore this year, Y, I'm Y-X years old" the way we do it.  

shukuo

silversonic1

Mega Noob

20,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:58 pm
Well, there are several possible reasons that the Doctor says different ages. For starters, he lives inside the TARDIS. Unless you set up a system of keeping time inside a time machine, you can't keep track of your own life.
The second reason is the writers switch around so much that it's hard to keep track of a little thing like age. The third is likely because he may have originally gone by Gallifrey years and not Earth years. It's possible that Gallifrey has longer years, thus after conversion, makes him seem older. The fourth possibility is that during the break between the end of the classic run and the beginning of the new run, he spent many years traveling alone, as was hinted in the first episode. How many years, however, is unknown. And the final reason is because the Doctor likes to be impressive. He lies, and occasionally rounds up. Even when his adventures don't actually add up to a year, he tends to add one if a year's passed in the present('06 to '07 equals +1, for example).
Needless to say, his age is a mystery. Too much thinking about it would even give a Time Lord a headache.  
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff