Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
"The Craft" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:15 am
Henry Dorsett Case
Dragon_Witch_Woman
According to the extras on the DVD (yes, I admit I like, and own the movie xd ) They did lots of research of Wiccan magic before they made the movie, and, one of the lead chars, the woman who plays Nancy is a practicing Wiccan.
Rather like Madonna is a Kabbalist, then.
~glances at her Kabalah water and "red string"~ Oh darn! I've been had!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:40 am
Henry Dorsett Case
Dragon_Witch_Woman
According to the extras on the DVD (yes, I admit I like, and own the movie xd ) They did lots of research of Wiccan magic before they made the movie, and, one of the lead chars, the woman who plays Nancy is a practicing Wiccan.

Fairuza Balk is SOOOO superduper Wiccan that she immediately went out and bought the Panpipes occult store in LA to prove it! I think she still owns it? Not sure.

Yeah, the COG chick who consulted for them had this whole dippy paragraph about how (insert flaky voice here) during shooting, one of the beautiful young wymmyn approached her and asked to be brooought into the loving aaaarms of the gaaawdeeeeessss, or some silly phrasing like that.  

Sivirs

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:36 pm
Sivirs
Henry Dorsett Case
Dragon_Witch_Woman

Fairuza Balk is SOOOO superduper Wiccan that she immediately went out and bought the Panpipes occult store in LA to prove it! I think she still owns it? Not sure.

Yeah, the COG chick who consulted for them had this whole dippy paragraph about how (insert flaky voice here) during shooting, one of the beautiful young wymmyn approached her and asked to be brooought into the loving aaaarms of the gaaawdeeeeessss, or some silly phrasing like that.

*cannot......control......urge.......to laugh.........histericly......* rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:48 pm
I'll watch it every now and again when it's on the tv, but I understand that it's just a movie. It does get largely taken very seriously by people with little to no common sense... I don't understand how you could take it so seriously xx  

miserabelle

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:58 am
TeaDidikai
Henry Dorsett Case
Dragon_Witch_Woman
~glances at her Kabalah water and "red string"~ Oh darn! I've been had!
About the only positive thing I think Rav Berg has done is make an English version of the Zohar available online - and that's only in the context of research. Some people don't understand the difference between "studying the Zohar" and "being a Kabbalist".  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:53 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
About the only positive thing I think Rav Berg has done is make an English version of the Zohar available online - and that's only in the context of research. Some people don't understand the difference between "studying the Zohar" and "being a Kabbalist".
Wasn't there one already on sacred texts? Or am I misremembering.  

TeaDidikai

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:49 pm
TeaDidikai
Henry Dorsett Case
Wasn't there one already on sacred texts? Or am I misremembering.
Yes and no. The copy on Sacred Texts that I can see appears to be a translation with Theosophical terminology that only covers three volumes of the Sefer haZohar, from Bereshit to Lech Lecha. The one made available by the Kabbalah Centre is apparently a complete straight-across translation.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:11 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Yes and no. The copy on Sacred Texts that I can see appears to be a translation with Theosophical terminology that only covers three volumes of the Sefer haZohar, from Bereshit to Lech Lecha. The one made available by the Kabbalah Centre is apparently a complete straight-across translation.
I could have sworn that there was a copy on a scholar's cite that SPSCC subscribed to. Hmmmm...  

TeaDidikai

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:14 pm
TeaDidikai
I could have sworn that there was a copy on a scholar's cite that SPSCC subscribed to. Hmmmm...
It's possible. But still, I maintain that www.zohar.com is one of Rav Berg's only positive actions, whether he was the first to do it, or the most publicly-accessible, or whatnot.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:33 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
TeaDidikai
It's possible. But still, I maintain that www.zohar.com is one of Rav Berg's only positive actions, whether he was the first to do it, or the most publicly-accessible, or whatnot.
Okay. Fair enough.  

TeaDidikai

Astrox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:35 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
That movie is classified as a horror?? confused

rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:41 am
Astrox
Dragon_Witch_Woman
That movie is classified as a horror?? confused

rofl

Seriously! I am the world's biggest wuss when it comes to horror movies, thats why that threw me for a loop. xd  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

JewelWoods

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:23 am
Call me crazy but i found "The Craft" to be beautiful and inspiring. Granted i was all of 9 years old at the time, being raised by a Roman Catholic hippie (i know it confuses me too) and looking for something that wasn't completely stupid to believe in (because as far as i was concerned catholicism was a huge joke, and i was only 9 so you add that up...)

And from my first Bewitched episode, something inside me sung at the words witch, and magic. And my mother would often tell me stories of me knowing or doing things that by rights i shouldn't have known or been able to to, that she admitted freaked her out so she beat it out of me. which really sucks, because by the time i was five i could give you exactly 20 minuets warning to a thunderstorm by watching the sky, I could tell when people i knew were hurt or hurting with out being near them, and i saw "little people" there were fairies in the wall paper, elves in the wood paneling, and gnomes in the wildflower garden in the back yard. none of which is actual "magic" in neither the Hollywood sense of the word nor the definition as we know it today but it gave me a strong sense of my internal instincts that every animal has when a storm rolls in, an excellent emotional connection with my loved ones, and the vivid sense of imagination that makes me the Fiction writer that i am today. Which i think in it's self is it's own form of magick.

Can any of you that weren't raised by pagans honestly say that Hollywood in some manner didn't help shape your desire to become pagan?

I can tell you in all honesty that it was "Scooby Doo and The Witch's Ghost" that made me study wicca.

Every one was fluffy at one point.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:08 am
JewelWoods
Call me crazy
~Points~ Crazy!

Quote:
but i found "The Craft" to be beautiful and inspiring.
I find a lot of things beautiful and inspiring. Doesn't make them good unto themselves.
Quote:
Which i think in it's self is it's own form of magick.
Spelled magic.

Quote:
Can any of you that weren't raised by pagans honestly say that Hollywood in some manner didn't help shape your desire to become pagan?
Yep.

Quote:
Not completely true. Being ignorant is not the same as being willfully ignorant.  

TeaDidikai

JewelWoods

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:09 pm
TeaDidikai
JewelWoods
Call me crazy
~Points~ Crazy!

Quote:
but i found "The Craft" to be beautiful and inspiring.
I find a lot of things beautiful and inspiring. Doesn't make them good unto themselves.
Quote:
Which i think in it's self is it's own form of magick.
Spelled magic.

Quote:
Yep.

Quote:
Not completely true. Being ignorant is not the same as being willfully ignorant.

1. that was my opinion on the movie, you don't have to share it i don't care.

2. i like 'K's leave me alone. The word is still pronounced the same so i can spell it whoever i want.

3. If Hollywood didn't "help shape your desire to become pagan" what did?

4. I didn't realize you defined "Fluffy" as people who were "willfully ignorant" I assumed that it would be defined here the same way it's defined every where else as generally a 'noob' pagan, with the occasional 35-40 year old who believes him self to be either Vampire or Slayer, (which i believe is brought on by too much Joss Whedon and or Eric Kripke in already emotionally unstable people but that's another topic)  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff