Welcome to Gaia! ::

~The Haven For Harry Potter Fanatics~

Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
You know when you're a HP fanatic when... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll?
  yes
  hehe money!
View Results

Serenity Silvia Malfoy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:55 pm
When you beg your mum for months to allow you to dye your hair your house colors.

Hehehe *getting her hair done this weekend in colors of green, silver and black*  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:00 pm
You know you're a HP fanatic when...
you learn the Hogwarts song (Hoggy woggy Hogwarts) and sing it in your sleep.  

laetifica

Tric A Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:40 pm
You know you're a Harry Potter fanatic:

- Have at least one Harry Potter related dream a month.
- You have woken up in the middle of a night from a dream muttering "Where is that bloody wand" while feeling around on your nightstand. (One of my friends did this.)
- You have dreams based on Harry Potter fanfiction you have read.
- You name all the little bubbles on your scan-tron tests after a Harry Potter character and thank them after you've picked their bubble. (Ive only done this since Freshman year...no biggie sweatdrop )
- You want to name your children after characters from the book.
- You would kill to get a wand from Alvan's.
- You have compared your teachers (one of my art teachers) to Umbridge.
- One of the reasons you started watching a show is because there was someone who was briefly in a HP movie in it. (Doctor Who anyone? Though the show does rock!!!!)
- You can sing all the words to each Potter Puppet Pals. And belted it out at the Midnight Release of HP7.
- One of your friends stopped liking Harry Potter as much as they used to because you have talked their ear off about it your entire first period.
- You make up Harry Potter pledges to say instead of the Pledge Of Allegiance.
- You stay up late at night plotting fanfiction stories or drawing fanart.
- You want to make butterbeer for an occasion but your parents won't let you.
- You want to paint the Hogwarts crest and all the house Crests on your wall's and ceiling. (That would be so cool. I wish we didn't live in an apartment.)
- You constantly watch fanvideos and squeal if something good happens in them.
- You can name off all your favourite characters in chronological order from fave to least fave.
- You would buy a HP toilet brush.
- Most of the shirts you wear are Harry Potter ones.
- You visit HP-Lexicon regularly even though JK is suing them.
- Your friends who aren't Harry Potter fanatics just shake their heads when you start talking about it.
- Any icon you have on your computer is Harry Potter.
- You would totally go to Surrey just to try and find Little Whinging. Same with Charring Cross, Kings Cross, and Devon.
- You actually know the general location of those places and yet you do not live in England.
- You know the middle names of most characters and if not, youve made up ones for them.
- You have designated Harry Potter places in your room and nothing else is allowed to be placed there.
- You want to name your pet after a Marauder.
- Even your Harry Potter friends sometimes get annoyed by you.
- You make jokes with your friends about various Harry Potter objects. (E.G. I'd rather have sex with the Whomping Willow; Ron and Hermione must be in Hagrids Hut again...poor Hagrid; Hagrid caught Dobby Fred at it again. Poor bloke.)
- You play Harry Potter LEMMONS and MASH.
- Your father starts writing fake Harry Potter fanfiction to tease you.
- When your friend falls asleep on the phone while you are reading fanfiction to them.
- You want to raise your children in Harry Potter environment.
- Said children will hear Harry Potter from the time they are in the womb.
- You listen to 'Do The Hippogryff' all the time as well as other W-Rock.
- You can get into heated debates about what characters will end up with who and if you do or do not like the ships JK ended with.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:11 pm
You have conspiracy theories concerning the pairing up of Neville and Hannah and Rolf and Luna...because we all know that Neville and Luna were meant to be.  

Tric A Smile

iJills

Liberal Flatterer

6,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:13 pm
You know you are a fanatic whenever....

You see someone missing a limb and mourn for the lost of George's ear.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:57 pm
Jesilyn
When you name your kid after one of the characters.
QU33N of.the P Y R I T E S
this captain goes down with the ship
all hands on deck, stand hip to hip
i shout the order, shoot to kill
i'm dressed to thrill, i'm dressed to thrill

My boyfriend's sister named one of her sons "Salazar".

- When you are sitting in Latin class and saying to yourself "Oh my god, just like in insert spell here."
- When you are in French class and learning about the past tense verbs, when asked what the past tense for mourir is you jump out of your seat and scream "MORT!" before sitting back down. Later doing the same thing when asked what word means both flight and theft (vol).
- When you can sing or recite things such as the Gringotts Poem, Morfin's Song, all of the Sorting Hat Songs, and the logic problem Snape made up for the protection of the Stone.

and all my enemies
i want their eyes to see
their captain walk the plank
destroy them rank by rank
sailing towards her silver lining

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

paraphernalia_101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:23 am
This thread is still going on? Thanks all of you for keeping it alive! (I thought it had died.. sweatdrop ) To tric..I got to say, "WOW" that's amazing (and I thought I was obsessed...)
When you listen to pottercast and your dream job is to be in the cast of it!

Tric A Smile

- You have woken up in the middle of a night from a dream muttering "Where is that bloody wand" while feeling around on your nightstand. (One of my friends did this.)
- You name all the little bubbles on your scan-tron tests after a Harry Potter character and thank them after you've picked their bubble. (Ive only done this since Freshman year...no biggie sweatdrop )
- One of the reasons you started watching a show is because there was someone who was briefly in a HP movie in it. (Doctor Who anyone? Though the show does rock!!!!)
- You can sing all the words to each Potter Puppet Pals. And belted it out at the Midnight Release of HP7.
- One of your friends stopped liking Harry Potter as much as they used to because you have talked their ear off about it your entire first period.
- You want to paint the Hogwarts crest and all the house Crests on your wall's and ceiling. (That would be so cool. I wish we didn't live in an apartment.)
- You can name off all your favourite characters in chronological order from fave to least fave.
- Your friends who aren't Harry Potter fanatics just shake their heads when you start talking about it.
- You would totally go to Surrey just to try and find Little Whinging. Same with Charring Cross, Kings Cross, and Devon.
- You actually know the general location of those places and yet you do not live in England.
- You know the middle names of most characters and if not, youve made up ones for them.
- You have designated Harry Potter places in your room and nothing else is allowed to be placed there.
- You make jokes with your friends about various Harry Potter objects. (E.G. I'd rather have sex with the Whomping Willow; Ron and Hermione must be in Hagrids Hut again...poor Hagrid; Hagrid caught Dobby Fred at it again. Poor bloke.)
- When your friend falls asleep on the phone while you are reading fanfiction to them.
- You can get into heated debates about what characters will end up with who and if you do or do not like the ships JK ended with.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:46 pm
Heh. Im just good like that. sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop

Most of those apply to me...okay, all of them do. Cept the looking for the wand part. I never did that. Lol.

I fully admit to being an obsessive Harry Potter fan. PROUD OF IT!!!!!

paraphernalia_101
This thread is still going on? Thanks all of you for keeping it alive! (I thought it had died.. sweatdrop ) To tric..I got to say, "WOW" that's amazing (and I thought I was obsessed...)
When you listen to pottercast and your dream job is to be in the cast of it!

Tric A Smile

Tric A Smile

Serenity Silvia Malfoy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:49 pm
You know You are obssed with Harry Potter when.....

-Your parents know everything about Harry Potter simply because a boy who looks like Harry Potter (NOT THE MOVIE VERSION!) just walked by and you started blabbing about it for the next five hours.

-When you totally want the Harry Potter soundtrack even though you've already downloaded the song.

-you squeed for about an hour when finding out about the themepark in Universal Orlando.

- you plan on dragging your friends too it, and your da too, even though you hate going on plane rides with him because he gets so damn twitchy.

-You've written over 50 crossover stories of HP.

-all your fanfiction includes Harry Potter in some way.

-you dream about Harry Potter.

-Your L.A. Research project, which has been going on for months, is all about Harry Potter.

-you wrote nine essays about Harry Potter. All of which are over three pages long and accurate.

-you freak out because the actor for Harry Potter is so wrong that you just despise him, because they can't even bother to put bloody contacts on him! EYES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GREEN! NOT BlUE!!!!! GET THE BLOODY EYES RIGHT!

-you are never watching Harry Potter movies, simply because they left out some minor facts/scenes in the books

-you know what scene everyone is talking about simply because you've memoriezed the books.

-you've memorized HP-Lexicon thus know almost all of the Harry Potter spells and creatures by heart.

-you have a map of Hogwarts so you can build it on sims2

-if you ever win the lottery you are going to use it to make an accurate Hogwarts castle, and then you are going to open it up as an actual school.

-You know Albus's full name

-Your latin teacher is amazed by how much you already know, and when asked how you know all this already, you say it's because it helped you with your O.W.L.S.

-You want to have green contacts even though you can see perfectly well.

-You want Harry's glasses

-You would kill for a wand.

-You buy Harry Potter clothing, and wear things such as a Hogwarts scarf to school even though you are a sophmore in highschool.

-You want to meet J.K. Rowling and would totally ditch school to stalk her even though you live all the way in america. (only one that does not apply to me)

-You rant hours upon hours about Dumbledore and his stupidness

-You compare your teachers to Snape.

-you get into depates with your teachers about Harry Potter.

-When ever someone calls you a witch, you say, "Thank you, but sadly, I do not live in the Harry Potter world."

-You dragged your sister and your mum into the book store at 12am sharp to get the seventh Harry Potter book.

-you baught a ring because it reminds you of The Slytherin House.

-You correct Harry Potter experts.

-you want to go to a collage simply because it has Harry Potter classes.

-For career day you spent hours looking for "auror" and were dissapointed when you couldn't find one.

-You wish you could take Transfiguration for a class.

-You wish you could take DADA for P.E.

-You want to take archery simply because it will help your wand aim.

-you are saving up for a Avlans wand.
-------------------------

THeres a ton more, but this is all related to me. Hehehe, sadly, enough, I am this big a fantatic.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:47 pm
When you get into a heated discussion in your English class with the entire class participating...you and one other girl were the instigators.

Youve gotten into an even more heated discussion on the bus with one guy.

You perk to attention at the slight mention of Harry Potter.

You correct people when they get something about HP wrong.

You wish you were a boy simply because the boys in your gym class freshman year played 'quidditch' in the locker room one day.

You hate it when people cannot do a British accent correctly. Especially if they're imitating HP chaur racters.

You want to stab anyone who makes fun of your favourite character.  

Tric A Smile

Tric A Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:49 pm
You have given each of your close friends a Harry Potter nickname.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:28 pm
You know you're a fanatic when everything you own is related to Hogwarts and Harry Potter somehow, including your pet owl. Plus, you're always on the lookout in case a Death Eater, or worse, Voldemort, is nearby.

S e x i i M i s s 1 0 1

Tric A Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:59 am
You know you're a fanatic when your mum just laughs when you tell her about this forum...she's gotten used to it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:45 pm
Boo...checking my signature.  

Tric A Smile

Princess_Arwen_19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:20 pm
You know you youre a Harry potter fanatic when.....

You have the whole series of books and movies memerized backwards and forwards.  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff