Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Chaos Dwarfs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:31 pm
yep. That's what I'm saying. If chaos gets to use Chaos Dwarves that gives me a lot of control over the field. Earthshaker cannons stop cavalry in their tracks, and blunderbusses stop anything from getting too close before I'm ready to send out my own troops to slaughter. It would just be too cheap, Chaos wouldn't have any weaknesses, not even numbers!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:46 pm
Lethkhar
yep. That's what I'm saying. If chaos gets to use Chaos Dwarves that gives me a lot of control over the field. Earthshaker cannons stop cavalry in their tracks, and blunderbusses stop anything from getting too close before I'm ready to send out my own troops to slaughter. It would just be too cheap, Chaos wouldn't have any weaknesses, not even numbers!

But it all depends on how people choose to build their Chaos army. Not everyone is going to have Chaos Dwarfs in their armies if it comes down to it. Think about for minute, and you will see that the army will be majorly revised if that happens.  

Daemon_King

berserker_girl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:13 pm
I think CD will be like Ogres: mercs.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:17 pm
berserker_girl

eh?  

Daemon_King

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:16 pm
berserker_girl

Uh...Ogres have their own army...It's called the Ogre Kingdoms  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:17 pm
Daemon_king
Lethkhar

But it all depends on how people choose to build their Chaos army. Not everyone is going to have Chaos Dwarfs in their armies if it comes down to it. Think about for minute, and you will see that the army will be majorly revised if that happens.

Yah, I know. But what are Chaos Dwarves without earthchaker cannons and blunderbusses?  

Lethkhar

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:00 pm
Lethkhar
Daemon_king
Lethkhar

Yah, I know. But what are Chaos Dwarves without earthchaker cannons and blunderbusses?

Probably they got something else. Don't think Chaos is going to be the most powerful if they are going to have Chaos Dwarfs. They might not even be used by most over Chaos players.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:25 am
Lethkhar
berserker_girl

stare

I know that!

I was saying that CD will probably, hopefully, be their own army list, but can be used as mercenaries in chaos armies.  

berserker_girl

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:14 pm
berserker_girl
Lethkhar
berserker_girl

stare

I know that!

I was saying that CD will probably, hopefully, be their own army list, but can be used as mercenaries in chaos armies.

They used to have their own army list, but went out of print. So, if they are to make a comeback, they would comeback as servants of Chaos. Which would lead to a total revising.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:45 pm
Just had a thought, what if they turn out like the Kislevites? They have their own list but they're really intended to be used as mercenaries. That might be cool.

But here's an idea, instead of arguing about which way GW is going to go, let's look at some pro's and con's of each side.  

berserker_girl

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:15 pm
I just read something about the Chaos Dwarfs, and it said that they can be used in Chaos armies.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:06 pm
Where'd you read that? Can you post a link?

Ok here are my pros and cons to making the chaos dwarves join chaos:

pros:
-My army of choice gets an even WIDER range of selection from which to use, plus I get long-range (finally!)
-The chances of Chaos Dwarves going back OOP is lowered since they'll be more popular because they're part of such a popular army.

cons:
-The storyline of the Chaos dwarves would have to be revised...no, completely started over from scratch, for it to make any sense as to why they're part of Chaos.
-Chaos loses its well-known weakness of having no long-range (not necessarily a bad thing for me)
-Old gamers and people who use chaos dwarves will be upset because they will feel like they've just kind of "been thrown in there". It's like making Brettonia part of the Empire because they're both human.  

Lethkhar

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:24 pm
Lethkhar
Where'd you read that? Can you post a link?

Ok here are my pros and cons to making the chaos dwarves join chaos:

pros:
-My army of choice gets an even WIDER range of selection from which to use, plus I get long-range (finally!)
-The chances of Chaos Dwarves going back OOP is lowered since they'll be more popular because they're part of such a popular army.

cons:
-The storyline of the Chaos dwarves would have to be revised...no, completely started over from scratch, for it to make any sense as to why they're part of Chaos.
-Chaos loses its well-known weakness of having no long-range (not necessarily a bad thing for me)
-Old gamers and people who use chaos dwarves will be upset because they will feel like they've just kind of "been thrown in there". It's like making Brettonia part of the Empire because they're both human.

Here's the website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Dwarfs
I did research about the armies, and gives you a pretty good deal of info. Though as to the story thing, they wouldn't restart the army from scratch. They could write up a story to why they went over to Chaos, I mean some could still stay loyal to Hashut. The army will be totally revised when it comes to stats, rules, items, and even units. Like I said before, some players may not like to play with the Chaos Dwarfs in their armies. The link will say that they are available to use in Chaos armies. The Chaos Dwarfs will become apart of the mortals side of Chaos to rebuild it's power, or become an independant army devotued to the 4 powers of Chaos.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 pm
So you can still make an all CD army and you can add them to a Chaos army... not a bad deal, when you look at it! I hope they keep all the cool things CD's get, like Earthshakers. twisted

Anyone know what a Kolossus is? Well, it was a giant, mechanical bull that was like a titan in 40k. The CD's used it against the dwarves in the book Grudge Bearer. I wonder if they're going to bring that into the game....?  

berserker_girl

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:15 pm
First of all: If you are using wikipedia as your source, I pity you. Anyone can go and change wikipedia without having any knowledge of the subject.

Second of all: I searched the entire page but didn't see one thing about chaos dwarves being part of chaos.

Third of all: How can you be part of chaos without worshipping the chaos gods?  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff