Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:27 am
I know I saw Mila answer this somewhere... don't ask where though. It was an answer someone asking a question about breeding rps. As far as I know the 1000 word count is for only two soa. She said if there was three soa then the word count should adjust to 1500 and so on. So basically it is more of a 500 per soa. I think thats what she said anyways.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:31 am
I will ask this here, since I don't know who else to turn to.

Before Pink Myth left Gaia completely, she gave me a lion. It so happens that this lion was an SS gift. I was wanting to know if that was alright; her giving me the lion that was an SS gift.  

Feral Mule

nessiaing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:32 am
I lied it was Felyn that answered it... here is the answer Velvie.

Felyn
In the thread, after the 10 post requirement, it says "5 posts per person". That's what you need for it to count towards your SoA.

The requirement that all RPs be 10 posts long is the basic RP between two people. If it's three people and the RP needs to count for all three of them, it should be 15 posts. Four people needs 20 posts. We want that many posts of reactions so we can see it's a roleplay with interaction between two (or more) characters. That's the difference between a SRP (which can be any style) and a regular RP, which has this basic standard.

I understand the frustration of birthing RPs not counting because I have quite a few that I can't count, but that's usually just the downfall of a birthing RP - too many people, they aren't always finished, etc. Birth RPs are messy and rarely count for anyone but the parents since they're the most active in them usually.

TL;DR: If you have posted in any RP 5 times with one character and it's complete, you can count it towards that character's breeding.

I also don't know if the combining RPs rule counts for regular RPs or just SRPs, as the thread currently only states it for SRPs. That one is up to Dusty or Meep.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:08 pm
Thanks Essi <3
but that doesn't really answer about SRPs, as what Felyn said was with normal RPs which are written in RP style. This is in Story Style, so I couldn't really count 'posts' for each of them?

I'm basically wondering if there's a SRP equivalent to the '5 posts per SoA' within the SRPs 1,000 word minimum?

Velveteen Angel

Remove

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:34 am
Vevle - From what was said back then SRP's have to be at least 1,000 words no matter how you do them. If you RP two of your characters with a post each or right it in a story way as long as it equals 1,000 words then you are okay. So basically I don't think there are any rules on posts or the equivalent for SRPs, they just have to be 1,000 words.

Does that help at all?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:58 am
Indeed, that does help c:

Thank you guys <3

Velveteen Angel

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:14 am
In the information thread for creating and maintaining a pride the written blurb says that five current RPs are required, but the form states that only three are needed. Which is correct?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:06 pm
I need to ask a question that I think is on a lot of peoples thoughts and though this may sound rude I am not trying to be rude I just want to know.

I have noticed recently that a lot of Colourists have gone on hiatus. I understand that people get busy, I myself am as busy as can be at the moment but I would like to know what is going to happen with these on hiatus colourists growings. I'm not being cruel, but I personally think that 4 months is a long time between growings. I do know that the colourists work their arses off here but I don't think it's fair to have to wait for between 6 and 12 months, between growings.

Why can't some of the other colourists pick up the slack, or why can't there be a 'growing' temp hiring thing going again like the last time there was a big hiatus / staff leaving? It seemed to work well last time and everyone got their growings in good time.

It would take the pressure off the hiatused colourists and allow them to come off their hiatus' with nothing to do.

I really am sorry if this sounds rude but it is really unfair when you're in a plot and your soa grows and someone else's doesn't.  

Syrius Lionwing

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:00 pm
I have to agree with Syr - It'd likely make workloads smaller for them, too, and REALLY help things, between people wanting their pets to grow, and colorist workloads, so the colorists don't feel stressed. Plus, if life happens and they're delayed by it, like... It happens JUST at that 4 month mark for some of the growings, and they go on unexpected hiatus, there could be help ready and waiting so they're not stressed about these growings being late. Maybe have a list of reserve colorists for this, that can be PM'd and asked, "Do you want to help with this? We need some help with these growings from this colorist".  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:12 am
While you may think that four months is a long time to wait between growings, the max amount of time a colorist is permitted to take to grow something is four months, and that's four months whether they're on hiatus or not.

I'm almost positive that it is posted somewhere that if your litter has gotten to the fifth month that you should PM Mila and that she will look into it/handle what's going on from there.  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Remove

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:17 am
Does that count for all growings? Gods included? Also if the litter has got to 5 months and the colourist is on hiatus are we still allowed to PM about it or is it a mute point because they are on hiatus? I am just curious...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:29 pm
Okay, this is one that just occured to me, as I've slowly worked on samples for an edit shop... Um... Are tattoos/body paint considered an item edit, or a body edit like blindness/scars...? xd ;;  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:06 pm
I want to agree with Syr's suggestion, but it has nothing to do with my question I'm afraid. I was considering opening a Mini-shop for hoard/group images in the near future, and was wondering if partially-overlapping-images is considered 'editing' the lines.

For instance, in this image part of my cub's tail has been erased in order to give the appearance that it is wrapped around her mother's leg, and in this one the tan-splotchy girl is positioned 'under' the adol male by having part of his hind leg erased to prevent it from covering her head, as well as the pale juve's tailtip coming 'in front' of the pink cub's foot by erasing part of it. I enjoy doing my banners and hoardpics in this way, since I feel like it gives character to the characters to have them 'interacting', but I don't wish to break any shop rules.

All characters used in my samples are my own, if it matters.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:33 pm
I've been trying to get a custom-in cub since I'd created my idea - with permission from the parents' owners - and I know that once the cubs grow, I'm no longer able to try for my custom-in.

My question is, is that because Nerp had her Custom thread up, and I've had my form in there since it had started [top of page two], do I still have to take it out because it's technically now ineligible? Or am I allowed this one last try?

I'd guess the answer would be yes, to take it out, but I wanted to know for sure, if I should give it up. Thanks in advance. <3

[ @ Zeph: I'd think that's alright, because it's just manipulation for your signature. It doesn't effect anything directly in the shop, unless you're claiming the lineart/colouring as your own, which you're not. ]

ArashiX

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games