Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satsurashi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:07 pm
Thank you for your advice! smile I will definitely stick around and see if I can take up an opportunity when one next comes up.

In the meantime, I looked all over the forums and, unless I'm majorly missing something, couldn't find an OOC chatter/introductions thread? Am I missing it, or is there none? Could someone recommended, if there isn't one, the right way to start getting to know people OOCly around here? I'd like to chat with people and see what's they're like around here, but short of PMing them (which might be annoying? I'm afraid to try!), I'm not quite sure how to get started.

Thanks for reading! smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:09 pm
I'd say hanging out and talking in the main thread would be most efficacious. It's big and it moves fast, but the people there are mostly good people and easy-going.  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:08 pm
What's the closest two SoA can be related to mate/breed/fling? :0  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:33 am
I would think that second cousins would be the closest. XD; For decency's sake at least. Anything closer and you're gonna have cubs with 18 toes coming out of their foreheads.  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:27 am
Asked in thread, got no answer... To clarify, do scars count as edits?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:39 pm
I thiiiink at one point someone said that they did count as edits. But might wanna wait for a staffer's word to be sure XD;

I did put scarring on some of my samples for the hiring though ... So yea lol  

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:59 pm
Can someone explain low-luck for customs to me? I know in other shops it's supposed to give help to those who have tried over a certain number of occasions to get the same specific thing, but it doesn't seem to work like that here, at least not from observation.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:10 pm
From what I saw, Reeshie, it looks like it's being handles as low-luck after going for the same custom in ten different custom threads, with the links to those threads provided.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:37 am
I don't think Reeshie as asking how you can become eligable for low luck status. What she's asking are what are the benefits.

I've been trying to get the same lioness since March 2009. I have 10 links with her form in the September Customs thread, even though I could provide more. It would be nice to know if me having those 10 links with my form actually meant something. Like, is there going to be a separate raffle for low luck SoAs?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:52 pm
How do you navigate this place? I really know nothing about this place besides its a shop. My friend entered a contest won and gave me one of the cheetah's and now i'm here to rp with her lol. -feels a little stupid- I don't even know how to find the shop.  

lisais-fire619

Desirable Member

10,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:51 pm
Shop page. I'd recommend reading over the front page to help get oriented. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:53 pm
moineau bavarde
Shop page. I'd recommend reading over the front page to help get oriented. biggrin

thank you very much. Spazzy is busy and gets a lil spacy on me  

lisais-fire619

Desirable Member

10,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200

lisais-fire619

Desirable Member

10,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:18 pm
Please do not name your SoA any English name. Since you dont want English and i cant do African cause i dont know any names can i use Japaneses for names?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:22 pm
From what I've observed, Japanese names are acceptable, but if you're looking for African names (or any other kind) you can probably search them. There are a number of very good naming sites out there, and also translation sites if you have a very specific meaning you're looking for.  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:26 pm
I'm pretty sure I've seen some pets running around with japanese names. From the FAQ:
Mkodi

Personally, I like to use Behind the Name.  
.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games