Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Pokemon Race War: Black and White(opening video here) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kitty868theonly

Diligent Bibliophile

15,150 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:09 pm
Wow... I'm slow with these things!

Not that a new PKMN game coming out is surprising news; but I didn't expect to hear about it so soon (well, for me anyway)! The titles I like, I was wondering why they didn't do it sooner... But then again, I can somewhat guess...

I don't like the three starters though... They look... weird... Too weird- for me anyway... If I'm planning to get this game (and I know I am), then I have no choice but to pick one... I would probably pick the grass one...

Well, all I can do is wait...
============
A little off topic...

@Tonberry Crunch (the person above me): Now now... Not ALL Black PEOPLE (or even guys as you would say) think that way. If you're going to say something like that, please add the word SOME in front of that. Because, I know I certainly don't think that way. By reading your sentence there, it seems like you're putting all of us into that same category, when it is false that all think that way. I found reading that a little offensive. This topic is about the game Pokemon, can it please stick to that?

On a side note, I do agree that it was ridiculous for the Resident Evil game; as the continent was Africa. Not only that, the game series has done their shooting action in other countries/continents. Shooting people that are part of the overall nationality. Makes sense Africa would come sooner or later.

However, you have to remember that it is unfair for my race that a few games out there would be almost borderline offensive (depends on the game). I've seen more then enough games that do feature Black people in them, but most of them seem to be on the ignorant side and just plain idiotic. The same goes for some Hispanics in games. Grand Theft Auto series anyone? I'm sorry, are we all like that? No, we are not, but yet we are all bunched together as such.

I can go on, and on, AND ON where racial issues occur in, not only games, but in movies, books etc. But, this isn't the place to be doing that. Now is it? I hope not. I joined this guild to talk about mostly Nintendo (games or the systems); not the racial issues or anything else in games. So, let's please stick to just that.

I know what was said probably didn't mean to sound offensive at all, but all I ask is to please be a little careful of what you say/type and to stick on topic. Otherwise, the Black History side of me will come out, and I will lecture about the history of many things... Not that I mean to, but that is what I do.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:45 pm
Kitty, don't worry. We always toss around jokes. Besides, that guy was pretty douchey. So was that woman with the camera that pretty much STARTED the whole incident.  

MaverickDrifter

Allegro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:59 pm
It's mostly because the Japanese hate darkies.

Why do you think that when you corrupted your Chaos in SA2, they turned DARKER? eek  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:04 pm
kitty868: I can definitely see why you'd think that blacks get the short end of the stick in games. I've never even SEEN a black guy in Pokemon. Where are they!?!?  

Waynebrizzle

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:06 pm
Waynebrizzle
kitty868: I can definitely see why you'd think that blacks get the short end of the stick in games. I've never even SEEN a black guy in Pokemon. Where are they!?!?
holy s**t you're right. I don't think there are any other races other than white or some variation of Asian. I call RACIST shenanigans.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:08 pm
digi734
Waynebrizzle
holy s**t you're right. I don't think there are any other races other than white or some variation of Asian. I call RACIST shenanigans.

People have theorized that Brock may be Mexican, but even still, he's the ONLY ONE. EVER.  

Waynebrizzle

Allegro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:14 pm
Ever even any non-white/asian ethnicity in ANY primary Nintendo franchise?

Oh wait.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:22 pm
Allegro
Ever even any non-white/asian ethnicity in ANY primary Nintendo franchise?

Oh wait.

User Image
Still pretty racist since the Gerudo live in the desert.  

MaverickDrifter

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:22 pm
And of course he's evil.

The rest of the Gerudos are pretty hot good though. I mean, aside from being thieves.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:42 pm
Waynebrizzle
digi734
Waynebrizzle

People have theorized that Brock may be Mexican, but even still, he's the ONLY ONE. EVER.
brock is the blackest dawg i've ever seen  

king Hippo

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:18 pm
Clearly, Nintendo is calling Red heads evil.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:39 am
GUYS AUNT JEMIMA'S IN BLACK AND WHITE  

MaverickDrifter

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:55 am
Waynebrizzle

They're here...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:53 am
Lord of Armageddon
Waynebrizzle

They're here...

Are you sure she's really black and not just a shiny?  

Waynebrizzle

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:05 am
I'm actually liking a lot of the pokemon that are being released.

And oh s**t, Emonga is my new favorite  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces