Submit

LQ
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:49 am
Sokren watched him go, both relieved and disappointed the other har left. He had seemed like someone that could hold a good conversation, but right now, he was too new to be fully trusted. Finishing his drink, he continued sitting there, waiting for the sun to set before continuing on his way.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:08 am
There was some yelling and cheering for Moghowni's table, and a great deal of refusal from the grubby har, but the crowd wouldn't take no for an answer. He was reluctantly pushed into sitting on the edge of a (very) small stage and handed a battered old guitar.
"All right you bastards, what do you want?" He asked, grinning. There was a round of yelling. "Wait, I can't do all of them at once. I'm taking the first one I heard."
He strummed the guitar and began singing something that everyone seemed to know, with appropriate stomps and responses. It was something about a bar burning down while the patrons drank everything in the cellar. He joked and played with them, as only one who knows the crowd well can. He played another song (something about hedgehogs not being buggered, with accompanying rude gestures and much laughter) before refusing to go on.
"Hey, I'm not doing this for free," He wagged his finger at them, "no fair making me sing with a dry throat."

((The songs are Old Dun Cow and The Hedgehog Can't be Buggered at All, if you're wondering...))  

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

LQ
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:47 am
The sounds of laughter and music caught Sorken's attention, and, since it had been so long since he heard good music, he ordered another drink and sat to listen. Laughing softly at the lyrics an the crowds responses. When Moghowni stopped,he motioned for the bartender to take a drink to him, both to encourage him to continue and as payment for the earlier drink.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:56 am
He instantaneously had six drinks lined up next to him.
"Wahey, I must be doing well tonight! Thank you kind hara. Now, what do you want to hear next?"
He would go on for a couple hours, singing and playing with the crowd, before his voice gave out and he needed to toddle to his room for sleep.  

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

LQ
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:01 am
Though he remained in the background, Sorken still enjoyed himself and was mildly shocked when he realized it had gotten so late. He had planned to leave town and camp out, but he was tired and decided to see if he could rent a room for the night.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:28 am
Moghowni was having a quiet talk with the innkeep, a small gesture was made towards Sorken and there was an exchanging of nods before he headed up towards the small room he was staying in.  

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

LQ
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:40 pm
Wondering at the gesture, but too tired to really care overmuch, Sorken approached the inn-keep and inquired about a room.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:05 pm
In accordance with conventions (because some things are just unavoidable), the innkeep was burley and almost rough looking, and wiping down glasses with a mostly-clean rag.
"We don't have any free rooms left," his voice wasn't rough, however, "but our Wanderling has offered to let you stay in his room if you pay half. He's taken a shining to you, and I don't know why, but I'd be careful, were I you."  

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

LQ
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:47 pm
(lay off the Pratchett, love)

"Ah, thank you." Warning flags were going up in his head. Unfortunately they were being waved by the Wraeththu equivalent to drunk frat boys on spring break and were actually swimming trunks on broomsticks so he was able to ignore them quite easily. Warm place to sleep for half the price was too good an offer to pass up and he accepted it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:16 pm
((blasphemy!))

The innkeep told him which room it was, gave him a key and went back to wiping glasses.
When Sorken gets to the room, it's dark and there's a vaguely har-sized lump on the floor.
"Take the bed, I'm not used to them anyway." Moghowni's voice was muffled, his head hidden under his blanket.  

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

LQ
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:37 pm
" All right." Removing his shoes and suppressing a yawn, Sorken sat on the bed. He stared at the Moghowni lump, not able to relax until he got at least one question answered. "Why?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:42 pm
A pale face emerged from the lump. "Which why, specifically?" there was a short pause. "Actually, it doesn't matter which one, the answer to almost all of them is because I'm curious, and my interest has been peaked."  

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

LQ
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:14 am
"Lucky for me then. Good night." Sorken flopped back on the bed, relishing the rare luxury. After laying sprawled for several minutes, he took his pack, checked it's contents, then turned to his side with it wedged it underneath his head as a pillow. Yes, a stranger who was interested in him wasn't exactly a good thing. But he didn't feel anything negative coming from Moghowni and the red flags were still just red swim trunks on broomsticks being waved by drunken frat har. Plus a nice and comfy bed...he was asleep before the thoughts even finished, his breathing slow and even.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:25 am
By the time Sorken wakes in the morning, the room is empty, almost all evidence of Moghowni is gone, save the pile of blankets on the floor. There's a not on the small bedside table reading, "When you wake up, come down for breakfast, Geris makes a mean fry-up. I may be puttering about, I may not. -M"  

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

LQ
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:45 am
Fry-up? Figuring it meant a lot of fried foods, Sorken set the note down and got ready to face day. Cleaning up and changing to fresh clothes, he left his hair loose and flowing down his back in a red cascade. He made sure his pack was securely shut then made his way downstairs, searching for erstwhile roommate.  
Switch and Seme Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff