Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:32 pm
majestueux
You remember what Dumbeldore babbled about the Prophecy though? Voldemort only made part of it come true out of fear that it was real. I guess I'm a little pessimistic about divination as well, but maybe things aren't going to happen exactly as predicted.

It's also true that he only heard part of it, he could have acted on what he heard and made Harry-the person he now fears most-into an instriment of death, destrution and of course, mayhem!!!! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:18 pm
Sakura_kura
majestueux
You remember what Dumbeldore babbled about the Prophecy though? Voldemort only made part of it come true out of fear that it was real. I guess I'm a little pessimistic about divination as well, but maybe things aren't going to happen exactly as predicted.

It's also true that he only heard part of it, he could have acted on what he heard and made Harry-the person he now fears most-into an instriment of death, destrution and of course, mayhem!!!! xd

Destruction. Chaos. Mayhem. *Looks around and dusts hands off* My work here is done. twisted

I wonder if Harry will ever have the above attitude.  

darkangeloflight14

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:38 am
Cos-mos7
It's a beautiful theory, but if Harry was a horcrux, why would Voldemort want to kill him? o.O; And what about the whole Voldemort needing Harry's Blood to come back so he could break his mom's sacrafical spell-thingy?

Well, I imagine that Voldemort wouldn't have been aware that Harry had become a horcrux. And I don't think that charm Lily made really has much to do with it, especially if the horcrux is the scar.

Someone else on another board brought up the idea that (and this is a little out there, but bear with me) perhaps Voldemort's actual soul went into Harry and that the one that's acting now is the horcrux, in a sense (she had a long drawn out reasoning for how this could happen that I don't feel like repeating...). The only reason I think this makes any sense at all, is that if Harry destroys Voldemort, he's destroying a horcrux, and therefore does not have to die first in order to defeat Voldemort. (The question about the cognitive ability of a horcrux can be answered with how aware diary-Tom Riddle was in CoS. Apparantly they can become their own being). However, this idea wouldn't be necessary, I suppose, if Harry and Voldemort died at the exact same time.

And, also, sorry, I didn't realize the word "horcrux" itself was a spoiler.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:23 am
Yes I did think of that. Not immidiatly, but after a few minuts. I had alot of the same theory as you. It would explain alot.
But we won't find out, for years! gonk  

chibi_chan
Crew

Isotropes

Magnetic Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:00 am
KirikoAkushi
Cos-mos7
It's a beautiful theory, but if Harry was a horcrux, why would Voldemort want to kill him? o.O; And what about the whole Voldemort needing Harry's Blood to come back so he could break his mom's sacrafical spell-thingy?

Well, I imagine that Voldemort wouldn't have been aware that Harry had become a horcrux. And I don't think that charm Lily made really has much to do with it, especially if the horcrux is the scar.

Someone else on another board brought up the idea that (and this is a little out there, but bear with me) perhaps Voldemort's actual soul went into Harry and that the one that's acting now is the horcrux, in a sense (she had a long drawn out reasoning for how this could happen that I don't feel like repeating...). The only reason I think this makes any sense at all, is that if Harry destroys Voldemort, he's destroying a horcrux, and therefore does not have to die first in order to defeat Voldemort. (The question about the cognitive ability of a horcrux can be answered with how aware diary-Tom Riddle was in CoS. Apparantly they can become their own being). However, this idea wouldn't be necessary, I suppose, if Harry and Voldemort died at the exact same time.

Hmmm. This is a good theory, but I'm not sure if Horcruxes can "live" persay. I mean, Nagini lives, and partly under the influence of Voldemort himself, but fully?

But if he cannot feel a Horcrux, I don't think he can live a Horcrux, personally. Remember Dumbeldore said Voldemort cannot feel his Horcruxed being destroyed?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:02 pm
BeeBrittney
KirikoAkushi
Cos-mos7

Hmmm. This is a good theory, but I'm not sure if Horcruxes can "live" persay. I mean, Nagini lives, and partly under the influence of Voldemort himself, but fully?

But if he cannot feel a Horcrux, I don't think he can live a Horcrux, personally. Remember Dumbeldore said Voldemort cannot feel his Horcruxed being destroyed?

The Diary Tom Riddle was very close to becoming his own self in CoS, so it must be possible for a horcrux to live.  

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

Isotropes

Magnetic Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:05 am
KirikoAkushi

The Diary Tom Riddle was very close to becoming his own self in CoS, so it must be possible for a horcrux to live.

Hmm. Thats true. But it was still a horcrux, it would not have been fully Voldemort, but a split of his soul. Like a second personalty that took form...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:18 am
I don't think Harry IS one, because I remember Slughorn saying something about an incantation of some sort, and as Voldemort was already shouting "Avada Kedavra!" I don't see how he could shout an incantation at the same time. Unless Adava Kedavra serves as the spell for a Horcrux, as well, which I don't think is actually true. And, anyways, Voldemort was trying to KILL him, and the Horcrux has to be alive, so why make something you're about to kill your Horcrux? I mean, really.  

Halloween Addict

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:10 am
BeeBrittney
KirikoAkushi

Hmm. Thats true. But it was still a horcrux, it would not have been fully Voldemort, but a split of his soul. Like a second personalty that took form...

Voldemort himself is not a full soul either.

Forgotten_Death
I don't think Harry IS one, because I remember Slughorn saying something about an incantation of some sort, and as Voldemort was already shouting "Avada Kedavra!" I don't see how he could shout an incantation at the same time. Unless Adava Kedavra serves as the spell for a Horcrux, as well, which I don't think is actually true. And, anyways, Voldemort was trying to KILL him, and the Horcrux has to be alive, so why make something you're about to kill your Horcrux? I mean, really.

I don't have the book on hand to look into what Slughorn said about an incantation, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he was planning on making a horcrux from Harry's death. I never said that Harry was an intentional horcrux. You must not have read the first post, but I'll repeat what I said about that here:

KirikoAkushi
I do think that this would be accidental, since it was Voldemort's intention to kill Harry. Since we don't know how a horcrux is made exactly, it's hard to say how this could happen; is it a spell performed afterwards usually, or does it have to do with the intention when one commits the murder (you're not just intending to kill, but also to put your soul into something at the same time)? If it's the former, then obviously, Voldemort did not have the opportunity to perform the spell after the Avada Kedavra rebounded, but perhaps something else made it happen. If it's the latter, then he would have had the intention twice, therefore making two horcruxes: once when he killed Lily (on accident), and again when the curse rebounded on him (Or would it? After all, he himself technically didn't die, but then wouldn't a horcrux created by killing Lily be focused where he wanted, since he was still conscious, and therefore probably would not go in Harry?). It could also be something different totally. When the curse rebounded, after all, it made Voldemort not only the killer, but the victim. Since we know that killing splits the soul, what happens to the soul when it is hit by an Avada Kedavra while being split?

Personally, I think the last part might be how it could have happened. And like I said in the first post, this isn't a flawless theory, but I can imagine that if it is true, JKR would have a reasonable explanation for how it could be. To be honest, we don't know enough about making horcruxes to really say how it could happen (even if the idea seems flawless).

But really, just saying that some of Voldemort's powers tranferred to Harry when the curse rebounded seems like a bit of weak explanation to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:39 am
i dont think harrys a horcuxe because of the passage that dumbledore says in book five when there talking about the prophecy and why he was the one it was about. here it is

There is a room in the department of mysteries that is kept locked at all times. it contains a force that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than death, than human intellegence, than forces of nature. It is also, perhaps, the most mysterious of the many subjects for study that reside there. It is the power held within that room that you possess in such quantities and which voldemort has not at all. That power took you to save sirius tonight. THat power also saved you from possession by voldemort, because he could not bear to reside in a body so full of the force he detests in the end it mattered not that you could not close your mind. It was your heart that saved you.

same would go with his horcuxes the horcuxe inside of him if there was one in him it would have died already from being in harry body.  

Potter351

FireRazor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:23 pm
didn't snape say their master wanted to have him? So doesn't that mean he is wanted dead? He has tried before; so why would he want part of what's keeping him alive to die?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:48 pm
FireRazor
didn't snape say their master wanted to have him? So doesn't that mean he is wanted dead? He has tried before; so why would he want part of what's keeping him alive to die?

Well, for one thing, if Harry were an unintentional Horcrux, Voldie wouldn't know, would he? However, if he did know, he'd want to be the one to kill Harry, so that he could remove his soul-part at the same time. That would explain why none of the other DE's have killed him, they've had plenty of chances.  

Empress_Kat
Crew

Fuzziball Fai
Fezziwig Jr

Scrappy Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:50 pm
True, true.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:43 pm
Potter351
i dont think harrys a horcuxe because of the passage that dumbledore says in book five when there talking about the prophecy and why he was the one it was about. here it is

There is a room in the department of mysteries that is kept locked at all times. it contains a force that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than death, than human intellegence, than forces of nature. It is also, perhaps, the most mysterious of the many subjects for study that reside there. It is the power held within that room that you possess in such quantities and which voldemort has not at all. That power took you to save sirius tonight. THat power also saved you from possession by voldemort, because he could not bear to reside in a body so full of the force he detests in the end it mattered not that you could not close your mind. It was your heart that saved you.

same would go with his horcuxes the horcuxe inside of him if there was one in him it would have died already from being in harry body.

That's a very good point, though Voldemort himself wasn't having a problem until that extreme bit of emotion from Harry. Voldemort's piece of soul might still be able to survive, but could perhaps get injured/weakened when he feels strong (positive) emotions. Harry hasn't had very many instances of feeling such emotions of love, yet, I imagine, so perhaps his heart isn't strong enough to completely kill Voldemort's soul inside him. Nevertheless, I do think it's a very good point.  

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

King_me_Macabre

5,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:59 am
It's interesting I think maybe when he tried to kill harry when he was a baby he left more then a scar and some weird powers....  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff