Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Empire
Training Facility. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

l-Edgewalker-l

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:44 pm
Captain Jek stopped at what Fluer had said, realizing his mistake, "Of course, you're right Fluer"
He was slightly embarrassed at his folly but quickly recovered. Hopefully neither of the Commanders would do anything rash, it was an honest mistake right? ...right? 'of course,' Jek answered himself in his own thoughts.
He stopped and waited for Morcanson and Vincent to return before continuing with Carrie's tour. Carrie. That was the other thing.

Quote:
She looked to Captain Jek, gave a quick bow, and nodded."As far as I know, sir."

What was that all about? Her acting with such edicate... or was it acting at all? Mabye Carrie really was serious about all this. Jek supposed that her earlier rudeness had justified reason. 'But' Jek interrupted his engaging conversation with himself once again, that didn't explain her "methods" the first time Carrie visited the dojo. The Captain decided that he would be a little more leniant toward Carrie for the time being, but that didn't mean he was about to let his guard down.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:52 pm
Morcanson allowed his train of thought to wander as he contemplated the prospect of finding another planet with a developed civilization. The empire had always been based on expansion, but this would be the first non-colonial expedition that they would commence. The fact that they were most likely in a nearby system, and also that they had contacted them rather than the other way around suggested they were at least moderately developed, perhaps even capable of space travel. Of course, there was no real evidence of any of his assumptions. They may very well be a group of semi-primitives who had just begun to trifle with communication technology. In any event, they would make an effort to contact them a second time before sending any sort of expedition. Coming back to the present situation, Morcanson waved his hand slightly to signify that it wasn't a grave offense and said, "They were just taking the initiative. I'm quite certain the captain is more than capable of giving a visitor a suitable tour of his facility without the assistance of his commanders."

ChaosMidget
Vice Captain

Hinnaku2
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:03 am
Vincent sighed, "So much for harsh military discipline," But Morcanson was right, the captain could more than handle the tour. He looked down towards the others and shouted, "You three, continue, Jek, get Carrie a room, and start her in some of the training classes." Turning back towards Morcanson he lowered his voice, "You and I should go contact our offworld guest."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:43 pm
Without shouting back, Captain Jek gave a signal of his understanding with a firm salute.

"I'm safely assuming that both of you heard the Commander" Jek tried to joke with Fluer and Carrie as he pivoted to face them. "Fluer, I'd appreciate it if you would accompany us along the way to help me with the paper work neccessary in order to enlist Carrie in some classes" Jek took his 'teacher glasses' from his shirt pocket and wiped them off before placing them on his nose.

"And," The Captain said added in after being done with the glasses, "Since you are the guest Carrie, would you like to get your room first or complete the rest of our tour?" Jek asked the newcomer as though none of the previous hectic moments had happened. He wanted to act like this was a clean slate to start on, and Jek secretly hoped he wouldnt regret it.

l-Edgewalker-l

Zero Tiadahlo

Hilarious Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:52 am
    ooc: ahhh must posssssssst.

"...so sacrifice yourself
and let me have whats left
i know that i can find
the fire in your eyes..."

Carrie, with music flowing through her phones that rested 'round her neck and stood in a polite and respectful way, her hands laced in front of her, and rested at the crease of her hips, in front of her small skirt. She stood with her legs together, her knees, barely bent at all, if she locked them for tong, she's pass out. She hadn't eaten in a while, so this made her decide to want to continue the tour. Carrie wasn't hungry at the beginning, but the tenseness of the situation and the time it had all taken had worked her appetite. Hopefully, they'd head towards the cafeteria. She'd be able to make herself something to eat, as well as anyone else who'd want to, to formit her hospitality as a woman if needed.

She nodded and gave a smaller bow again.
"I'd like to continue the tour, sir. Every time she said sir, it demeaned her, but she'd have to deal with it until everyone trusted her. Maybe, she'd let her own personality peer through.

"...i'm going all the way
get away
you take the breath
right out of me
let a hole where my heart
should be..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:14 pm
Fluer nodded to Jek, showing him that she had indeed heard their commanders' orders. She hoped she wouldn't have to stop any fights along the way, but the two seemed to be getting along fine.

Fluer started to think of possible training classes they could sort Carrie into, but she seemed too powerful for some of the normal things most soldiers went through. She figured they would have to test her abilities, or just see how well she fared in the classes.

"Of course I'll accompany you, Captain." She said smiling. She was up for the prospect of getting to know their new recruit, and even the Captain, better. Fluer turned to Carrie, "Since you want to continue your tour first, then why don't we stop in our original destination. The cafeteria." She wondered if anyone was really hungry, but they could at least go for a bite. It might even help to lighten the stiff mood.

Aerilily

ChaosMidget
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:54 pm
Morcanson nodded to Vincent slightly, turning at once in the direction of one of the tech rooms. It wasn't a long walk. As they reached the room, the metallic door opened automatically with a subtle hiss. The act of stepping through the doorway and into the room caused many of the personnel to turn from their stations. Although all of them had known the commanders were presently in the building, they hadn't expected one of them, let alone both of them, to suddenly pop into their particular room. One of them was notably gaping. Morcanson smiled slightly. "I assume, of course, that this facility has suitable long-range communication devices?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:09 pm
"Excellent proposal, Fluer" Jek interjected, almost answering for Carrie, "That's a fine idea, I'm actually very hungry myself, let's make this a functional tour shall we?" The Captain motioned toward in the direction they would go towards the mess hall. Captain Jek gave the girls one glance before turning around and continuing onward to the destination at the cafeteria.  

l-Edgewalker-l

Hinnaku2
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:11 pm
"Y...yes commander, of course sir!" One of the techs squeaked, "Right over h-here." The tech indicated a console two seats down from him.

Vincent nodded and turned towards Morcanson, "Shall we begin?" Taking a seat infront of the console and began to pull up the recent transmission logs. "Well let's see...couldn't get an exact lock...to far away." Vincent began to bring the long range transmitters online. "We'll send out a long range transmission in that general direction, see who picks it up." Vincent keyed in a few numbers, "This is Commander Vincent Ansgard of the Galactic Aruzian Empire, can anyone hear me?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:16 pm
"Ah, glad to see you've picked up this transmission." Vincent looked towards Morcanson for a brief moment, "I have with me Commander Morcanson, he and I lead this empire." Vincent was not...exactly sure how to deal with a first contact like this. "I suppose...well, what would you like to do?"  

Hinnaku2
Vice Captain

ChaosMidget
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:32 pm
Morcanson was a bit surprised when the transmission was given a reply. He half expected the whole thing to be a hoax. Answering Vincent's question, Morcanson said, "Ask her about the planet, find exact coordinates, and request a future meeting. Simple as that."

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:37 pm
Vincent nodded, "Very well. If you would like a meeting with us, or to discuss any possible partnerships, there are a few thigns we must first ask you. First, what are the cordinates of your planet," They would need to meet these people before anything could be done, "After that, we can set up a meeting, but, most importantly, what do you have to offer us at all? What is to stop us from simply ignoring you, or conquering you?"  

Hinnaku2
Vice Captain

ChaosMidget
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:00 pm
Morcanson winced as Vincent spoke. He did not at all feel he was handling this as he should. Threatening a possible adversary which one knows nothing about is about the most foolish action one can take in a diplomatic conversation. What if they had technology to match their own? What if it was greater? At this point, the techs that were stationed here were huddled near the doorway, still not quite coming to terms with the fact that the commanders of the empire had chosen their station for an intergalactic conversation. He began to consider taking over for the commander-- and then the wall exploded. It was a sudden thing, and it caused several of the techs to jump in obvious surprise and anguish. One of the techs (Presumably the one who had been gaping earlier) screamed loudly. One was smart enough to pull a small extinguisher from his uniform, rush forward, and begin to spray the flaming breach profusely.

"Protect the Commanders!"

Morcanson instinctively began the mental preparations to cast a healing spell. He had become accustomed to this sort of thing throughout the Aruzian War; First an explosion, screams, some dead, some dying, and if he was fast enough, he'd be able to save the dying. Luckily, no one appeared to be dead. His hands began to glow slightly as he turned towards the other commander. "Vincent, are you injured?"

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:41 pm
The comment about one planet was true, Vincent was about to respond when he suddenly heard the womans voice in his mind. Suddenly the physical world seemed to slip from his grasp, he heard her voice, heard what she sayed...he had communicated with physcics before, but this mind was much more powerful, the next thing he knew Morcanson was shouting at him, "Y...I..I'm fine...why?" He turned to look and saw the blown in wall, the fires, the techs running about yelling, "Morcanson...what just happened...?"  

Hinnaku2
Vice Captain

ChaosMidget
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:33 pm
Morcanson allowed his healing spell to disperse after being assured no one was injured, and the glow slowly faded. Vincent seemed to have somehow missed the explosion entirely. Answering his dazed question, Morcanson said, "You tell me. The wall just exploded. Either we have faulty computers, or some kind of sabotage." Morcanson wondered if those on the far-off world were even capable of such destruction, and if so, with the use of technology or some previously unknown magic. But to do so over such a massive distance...

The Empire

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff