Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
Hurricanes 2OO7 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ileonard Ryiyoshi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:29 pm
Miss-Abba
ok, so what was up with the TROPICAL STORM this past weekend? god. ruined my friday & saturday. stressed

Really? It made my Saturday rock! I went to Wet n' Wild and there were barely any lines!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:30 pm
Yay, Hurricanes. I can't wait. xD (Note the sarcasm) whee  

crazymugglegirl

Chatty Shopper

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100

Kiss in Digital
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:45 am
CrazyMuggleGirl
Yay, Hurricanes. I can't wait. xD (Note the sarcasm) whee
I can't. I wanna spend a hurricane at the parties with mah buddies. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:35 pm
i do love hurricane parties.
(monopoly is very interesting in the dark) ninja  

celestialangel

Vickicat
Crew

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:42 pm
surprised I want to go to a hurricane party. I've never been to one.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:52 am
celestialangel
i do love hurricane parties.
(monopoly is very interesting in the dark) ninja
WHERE'D YOU GET THE PINK 50s GRAMMA!!?!  

Kiss in Digital
Vice Captain

theweekndxo

Clean Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:14 pm
ughh, last year we got hit by frances, jeanne, and charlie back to back. and we didnt have power for two months. we had to rebuild our school, and we had to make up three months. i live in s. florida near west palm  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:43 pm
my cousin claims whenever he dances it rains >.>  

Fearmyboxers

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

Noirkaze

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:16 pm
I just moved the space coast last Aug. so I've only had to deal with one major storm. Nothing compaired to the tornados I've seen swirling around my home town in Ohio. Should be interesting to say the least.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:13 pm
crystal_summer07
ughh, last year we got hit by frances, jeanne, and charlie back to back. and we didnt have power for two months. we had to rebuild our school, and we had to make up three months. i live in s. florida near west palm

ha, that was like 3 or 4 years ago, and i used to live in the spot where 2 of them made landfall, and i was only out of power for 2 weeks each time, and i didnt lose power for charlie, and like 3 weeks after that hurricane season , my family moved to Seattle, Washington  

twisted_revenge2

Rouknette Desto-Inflamare

Eloquent Conversationalist

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:11 am
Yeah the triplets were a shame. Got me out of school for like a month & a half though...

I rarely lose power during hurricanes. I think the longest I've ever lost power was over night & by the time we got back from breakfast the next morning it was back on. God I love being on a hospital grid ^-^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:20 pm
Yeah, we lost power for like 17 days with Frances, had it 3 days and got nailed by Jeanne for 9 more days, but now we live on the emergency grids too and they say we'll be back up in a matter of hours too. Frances was like 24 hrs for this house and Jeanne was like 14 hrs.
Bring them on!! Party at the castle for the next one!  

xxDomesticGoddessxx

Vickicat
Crew

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:00 am
xxDomesticGoddessxx
Yeah, we lost power for like 17 days with Frances, had it 3 days and got nailed by Jeanne for 9 more days, but now we live on the emergency grids too and they say we'll be back up in a matter of hours too. Frances was like 24 hrs for this house and Jeanne was like 14 hrs.
Bring them on!! Party at the castle for the next one!

How do you find out if you're on an emergency grid? I'm pretty sure we're not because they are terrible about our power. If I ever get my own place, I want it to be on a hospital grid. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:58 am
Thank you for posting all of that and I am happy to say that we haven't had any hurricanes so far. I know it's stilll early in the season and in East Central Florida (Brevard County) we are getting some intense storms like purple lighting and really heavy rain every few days but it has been raining everyday. I just continue to pray that God keeps the hurricanes away which would make Brevard County's third year of no hurricanes. As for those of you who have been experiencing hurricanes since after 2004, I'm sorry and I hope you do get through this. I know how terrifying it can be to leave your home in evacuation with the knowledge that you can come back to nothing. My mom constantly reminds me that my life more important than my stuff and that's true but it doesn't take away the fear. Whether you are getting hurricane type weather, having hurricane warnings, or even a hurricane - just remember to watch the weather channel constantly and remain updated. Everything will be alright and sometimes that's hard to believe but it's true. God bless everyone and have a safe hurricane season.  

ShortiiPrincess05

2,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

Eiyma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:36 pm
I know this sounds really bad...
but I kinda want to be hit with a hurricane...
in the event of a hurricane, I get called into work, and will be paid for the entire duration of my stay, even if I'm not even awake
also, being a radio station, and a major source of information in the event of a major storm, I'm pretty sure we'll have power and AC during the whole thing too

as to the rest of the state, I wouldn't mind it being another silent year *shrug*  
Gaians of Florida

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff