Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 4: The Three R's, (Lit) RP, Reviews, & Reports (Debate/Essays/Creative Writing)
Crimson Waters NEW RP! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are Vampires Real?
  Yes and they scare me!
  Yes... I vant to drink your blood *attacks*
  No. They are fantacy and science says...
  Yes! They are soooo cool I want you be just like them!
View Results

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:50 pm
"I'll need one," she said. "James is a lovely name. I believe I will call you that." she smiled at him. "Thank you for giving me a chance. And for helping me."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:56 pm
James grinned at the woman.
"Oh don't be thanking me yet. If I know the captain it's you that will be getting half my work. In fact, I should be thank'n you! You're gonna insure I have an easy voyage. So what's your name and why are you so desperate to get away?"
He shook his head.
"I know you're desperate because you didn't bring a pan or a cup. The person I caught last time had a bed pan, a week's worth of food and three days worth of water. I was in a bad mood though so I told on him. He was'nt nice to me anyhow."  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:02 pm
"My name is Sara Anne. I'm a slave, but I know I deserve a better life. I was sold when I was very young to help pay my father's debts. I refuse to be treated like an object. This voyage is a chance for me to start a new life somewhere else. A better life." Sara said explaining herself. "I've only got a few dollars so I had to sneak on here."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:30 pm
James scowled into his fist when he heard that she was a slave. He had been really lucky not to end up as a slave himself and he hated the practice. He reached up and slipped the other half of his apple into the boat.
"Now I'll really help you. Before we set off, is there anything you need? I can steal whatever before we set sail. On a little boat where there's no where for a thief to go is a lot harder to get away with."
He grinned.
"You're still helping me with the chores though."  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:37 pm
"I could use a new set of clothes, Some shoes and maybe some water to wash my face and hair." Sara said. "You have no ide ahow much I appriciate it."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:55 pm
James nodded and sat quietly, trying to figure out the best time to filtch something from the market. The crew men were usually given a little time to say goodbye to any family members still on the dock and lunch would be served soon. He could slip out during lunch and grab some stuff then cram it into one of the shipments and smuggle it to the girl when he got the chance. Yeah. That would work. As for washing water, everyone abord used sea water and that would be easy to get. There was always a small bucket filled to the brim with the stuff on deck and bellow for washing. Fresh water was way too precious to use for washing.
Without a word, James got up and went over to the bucket wiping his face. No one noticed when he dipped the cloth in the bucket again and carried it back over with him to the long boats. He slipped it to the girl.
"Hurry up with it. I've got to get back to work soon."  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:58 pm
Sara quickly scrubbed the dirt from her face and ran the cloth over her hair a few times. Now her face was clear and her hair glistened a little more. She handed the cloth back. "Thanks. I'll definatly owe once you snitch on me." she said.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:16 pm
James made a face at the condition of the cloth but didn't comment. She must have been on the run for a while to collect that much dirt. Either that or her old master was one of the worst.
Something told him they would be dumping sea water over her once he 'snitched' so that she could get clean again.
"I'm going back to work now. Keep your head down and make anything I manage to get you last. I would try drinking the most water at night. Make sure you leave enough to last a day if I can't get to you for some reason. I'm in it but good now and if you get caught we'll both be in trouble. It's hard work but I do like this job. If you get caught before two days are up he will turn the ship around if you last three he probably won't. Last four days and you get yelled at, maybe a couple of lashes if he's in a bad mood or you don't treat him like he's the king of bloody England and he'll put you to work on the ship somewhere."
He tapped on the boat again. "Remember, stay down.  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:23 pm
Sara nodded and curled up under the tarp staying quiet. She smiled thinking of James. "He's such a nice person. I've never known anyone quite like him."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:38 pm
James hurridly and accurately went about his duties until the call for mess. He bolted down his food and pretending he was going to go rest for a while, snuck off the ship and into the market place.
Being an old hat at this kind of thing, he spotted a table that would have all the things he needed and a fruit table with some salted pork and peanuts off to the side. Perfect!
Taking out a boy's pea shooter, he aimed and shot a man that had been glaring at his companion.

"Oi! Why you hit me!"

"I didn't I..."

Taking careful aim, Jamie shot the other man in the stomach.

"You hit me!"

"I DID NOT!"

Fully knowing it would happen, James laid low until the men had distracted almost every eye around. For his final trick, he shot a large flat rock at a rope holding up one of the shades covering a booth. He had made sure the man's foot was close to the rope when he did so. Knowing that no attention would be on him at all, he crawled up to the first table snagging a shirt and a pair of breeches he hoped fit and two warm looking cloaks. He would consider it his bonus. Moving over to the fruit table, he jammed as many dried meat peanuts and apples into one of the cloaks as it would hold and ran back towards the ship. A woman had just poked her head out the window to throw her bucket of trash onto the street and was very surprised when a young boy grabbed the bucket from her and threw the trash to the ground as he ran. She was too stunned to even yell about the thief before he was far out of sight.  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:43 pm
Sara had fallen asleep not having anything to read or do to occupy her time. She told herself to remember to ask James if he could find something for her to look at when he got back. Only a few minutes later she had drifted off.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:58 pm
Jamie arrived back at the ship with a tightly tied bundle in one hand and a bucket in the other. He had found a pair of shoes that looked like they might fit conveniently drying on a doorstep and had found a kinda nice looking dress drying on the line. Amazing what people just left out, ripe for the taking. With the two cloaks tied together in the bundle it honestly looked like a poor person's luggage and he had no trouble getting the stuff onto the ship. Seeing that the wash bucket below decks was pretty clean, he poured the salt water into the stolen bucket and filled the wash bucket with fresh water. Just to make sure he didn't get into trouble, he used his knife to make a small leak in the barrel. He would just have to be sure to 'discover' it before they set sail. He stuffed a small cup from the kitchen into his little bundle and left the room.
He deposited the new cloak in his room, well hidden for the time being, then stuffed everything else up his too large shirt and lugged everything back upstairs.
Luckilly, most of the crew were on shore saying goodbye, that usually happened right after lunch anyway and only the ship's cook, who was below decks and the captain, who was in his cabin pouring over maps was on deck when he emerged.
He quickly crossed over to the long boats and set the bucket down as he shoved the bundle under the tarp.
"Put your hand out so I can give you the bucket. Hurry!"  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:03 pm
Sara woke up hearing the fmailar voice slip into her dreams. She held her hand out and glanced out. "I forgot to ask, but do you think there is any way you could find me a book of sorts." she quickly asked. "It's going to be terrible dull just laying here all day. I know you've already done so much, but one book is all I need I swear."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:20 pm
James handed her the bucket and helped her get it inside the tarp without it sloshing.
"Heh, a slave that can read, rare that. I can try to get you an old newspaper but books are gonna be pretty rare on this ship. That bucket is fresh water the cup is for trash and other stuff throw the bucket and the cup overboard on the morning of the fourth day. There's food, shirts and breeches, shoes, a dress and a cloak in that bundle. I lucked out in the market place and saw the shoes and dress just hanging out to dry. The water should last you all four days. Make it last. I take one of the night watch shifts and I'll slip you stuff then. My watch on the fourth day is when I plan on 'discovering' you."
He sat down beside the longboat again and listened to the girl rummaging through the bundle.  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

Josiphine C Pegasus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:25 pm
Sara looked through the stuff. The shoes did fit. She'd wait until evening to change. "James this is wonderful. And yes I can read. I always used to see papers and stuff laying around and I began to teach myself to read. I learned very fast on my own and soon was borrowing books from my master's library. Without him knowing of course. If he found out I could read I'd have been lashed with the horse whip into next month." Sara crigned remembering how many young girls had been punished. Thier screams of pain still haunted her dreams. She feared the lashing she'd get on the ship, but figured it could be no worse than the way her master had been treating her. And if it kept her on the boat it would be well worth the pain.  
4: The Three R's, (Lit) RP, Reviews, & Reports (Debate/Essays/Creative Writing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games