Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Spirit Guides Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MizukiNaomiWay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:47 am
can spirit guides be guardians sent to watch over you by other wiccans who cant be around as much as they'd like?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:15 pm
~May I Join?~
Questions for part 1:

Do you believe in angels/spirit guides? Why or Why Not?

I do believe in angels/spirit guides. Why? Because I can always feel a force around me and protecting me, and hey, some things can't be explained in the world. So right not? If people believe in ghosts, why can't they believe in angels and spirits?

What do you think angels/spirit guides "are"?
To me I think they are beings made of energy that were made to be a helping hand to us. To watch over us in our time of need.

Have you ever had/felt a guardian angel with you?
Always. I always feel as if something is behind me and watching. I even some times see shadows that 'are made from thin air' when no one else is around. And I feel like someone is touching my shoulders like tapping them to get my attention.

Do/Did you have an imaginary friend?

Yes when I was 5-8. It was a black fox. My parents use to say I use to talk to thin air, like I was talking to a real being.

Thoughts for Part 2:

-Do you think that "demons" can be guardians too?

Of course. Why couldn't demons be guardians too? There just like angels or spirits, what makes them different?

-Do you feel that you have at least acknowleged the "oath of service"? Why or why not?

I have not. Why? I have no idea what the Oath of Service is. I'm sorry.

-Try and think of other ways why Witches might be called "angels on earth".

Hm. To me, because of how we are. We don't harm people, and care for others. We're in touch with our selves and I for one, would got out of my way just to help someone. And to me, that's like an angel.  

Kawaii Dormouse

1,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Wing-Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:47 pm
Questions for part 1:

yes I do...in fact I have been in contact with a couple of them.....you can always feel them their...well at least I can ^^;;;....and I have seen them a few times...and communicated a little but not much through meditation

I think they are spirits of all sorts that are out there to help us gain knowledge and fulfillment in our lives...in a way..to go through our life path successfully and to realize our individual destinies....they can be past relatives, animals, elementals, etc.....I beleieve each person has many...a few you are born with and some come as you need them through difficulties you face
you have many animal spirit guides in particular and animals have guides of there own which I am told are faeries by my reiki master/instrustor

yep....especially recently....waking up to one standing over you in bed was quite the experience >.>;;;;

uhhh.....not unless leaving out carrots to feed the unicorns counts ^^;;;;

* Part 2:

yeah...that's not unconceivable...but of course I view demons the way the Japanese do....demons are just creatures with special powers....not necessarily evil(why would I believe in them the way Christians do if I don't believe in hell rolleyes )

Do you feel that you have at least acknowleged the "oath of service"? Why or why not?

I have thought about it...and did and always will help others...but right now I need to help myself for a bit...been kinda neglecting that

Try and think of other ways why Witches might be called "angels on earth"?

our openness, good energy and caring for people and nature both...and because...we can connect with natural energies to help ourselves and others in a way people can't if they close themselves off from or fear it.....also...I've always been a witch at heart and I was like a guardian to my sister ever since we were little and I saved her life a few times....one time in particular when I was 2-3 I jumped into the swimming pool to save her when she fell in as an infant  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:27 am

I believe in everything. The question is not if I believe in something, but in what way I believe in it. But for all practical purposes, to answer the question in the manner you likely intended: yes. What precisely do I think they are? Well...

... that depends. I think they are whatever you choose to think they are. However you choose to concieve of them: that's what they are. To me, they are little different than any other corporeal entity. Saying more will get to.. complicated.

I do not use the term 'guardian angel' per se, but I have had equivalent experiences.

Spirit guide = imaginary friend. Spirit guides are, for all purposes I can tell, the functional equivalent of imaginary friends. They're just given a different name to somehow give the idea more credibility as unfortunately the word 'imaginary' has come to suggest something is 'made up' or 'not real' or 'just in your head' - which is not the case. Imagination signifies the inner worlds and the otherworlds... it's the medium through which we are even able to communicate with otherworldly entities like spirits in the first place. Or go journeying. Journeying... basically active imagination. Perhaps these aren't precise equivalents, but they're pretty darned similar.

So I guess since I see imaginary friend as synonymous with spirit guide, the answer is yes. I've had spirit guides for a very long time now.  

Starlock

the-jo87

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:27 pm
Questions for part 1:

Yes I do. I've been protected by my spirit guide a few times also, my three year old daughter talks to hers. ((Of course, this is based on what I believe))

I believe that spirit guides are people who have died and made the choice not to move on but also don't want to be ghosts who wonder around.

Yes

When I was younger, yes.

Questions for part 2:

Creepy but I suppose so. . . if the person would want it I would think.

Do you feel that you have at least acknowleged the "oath of service"? Why or why not?
Yes. Absolutely. I don't know why I just feel that I should I suppose.

Try and think of other ways why Witches might be called "angels on earth"?
Um, I've never heard of that term being used towards witches but I think that is pretty cool! 4laugh No, but on a serious note. . . I have no idea why. Probably because we try to be the best that we can. Due to our beliefs. . which can vary. . . but the one thing we all have in common is. . . we try to be the best person that we can be.  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games