Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Gaian Coliseum
Mr. Melody vs the.....Counter...Melody? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dischord

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:13 pm
((I was asked to judge in an official capacity. So, I'll place my judgment down now.

Because of the series of actions that immediately follow his taking of mist form, I suggest the fight be recounted back to that post, and a new actions be taken from that specific point, onward. The series of movements attempted there - moving quickly in a mist form, attempting great velocity in a form which wouldn't be able to hold stable during that speed, as well as the lack of explaination of how the blades are holy, (I'm going to assume they're enchanted in some fashion), would negate the last few posts.

If you do decide to move forward with the fight from its current point, I would suggest a few things. First - Sacros would have broken apart at the speed he is moving, and would have to reform before any action could be taken against Christoph, or by Christoph on him. The fight would stand from the last post, with Christoph unable to touch Sacros, and Sacros unable to affect Christoph without first retaking a coporeal form.

If anyone has any objections to this judgment, please feel free to contact me via PM, or through any one of my four messenger services.))

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:23 pm
((Yeah, I know I'm not part of this fight, but I have to put in my two cents cos I'm..me. Moving twice as fast as a bullet doesn't bother me. Personally that just means the standard speed for just about any flippin' anime character. Let's face it. We've seen Naruto, Vegeta, Ranma, all of them move at 'faster than a bullet'. It's too vague a term to really worry about semantics on. Yeah. I'm an anti-semantic b*****d.

What bothers 'Dox is moving faster than said bullet as a vapor. Running no less. Vapors don't run the last I checked, and the ability to move at such a speed where being a vapor you tear up ground would mean that your vaporous form would have a huge amount of condensed mass; if that was the case, you'd sink with your own weight, and be forced to fly with some kind of psionics or magic to even be able to move yourself. A gaseous or vaporous form, I dont' care if you're in Gaseous Form, an Undead such as a wraith, what have you..well. Imagine a mist, in a man shape. It puts its foot on the ground. It tries to run. It can't. Why? Oh yeah. It's vapor. No traction. Just my two cents.))

The Paradox

Dangerous Conversationalist

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Last Pedigree

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:58 pm
((Right, I guess I'll pick it up, assuming I'm at the other half of the beach in elemental form))

Sacros looked down the beach at his opponent, and began to form the spell for shadowflame, keeping it fresh in his mind to attack his opponent with. His form flickered in the wind, various drafts of him billowing in the wind, which his body simply reproduced. The central mass of him was too dense to see through, yet it seemed no light could penetrate that darkness. Sacros raised an arm towards his opponent, shadow magic was gathered at the end, ready to set loose and burn anything in its path. His next move was to wait for his opponent to move, jump, leap, anything where he would be vunerable. Sacros was fairly sure he was safe at this distance...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:22 am
((For clarification: the holy magic came from a Doxology manifested into holy magic upon the rapiers at the very beginning of the fight. To explain further would be just explaining how my character works- feel free to PM me for further explanation.

And thank ya Judges))

Christoph eyed his opponent and began softly singing a small Tune to himself. This tune brought forth visible music once again that wrapped around Christoph's body before encasing itself around him in a thin outline.

Simultaneously as this occured, Christoph would be taking a few steps to the left, followed by a few steps to the right....and so forth.

((Er, just curious, can I get a few opinions, via post or PM, how one thinks shadow vs. holy works? I have my idea, but I'd like some more...))

Chrjo12

The Last Pedigree

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:54 pm
((Its like fire and water I believe....))

Sacros looked at Christoph and aiming to the right when he was just done stepping to the left he let a stream of shadowflame go. The sand beneath the fire melted instantly from the superheated flame, the glass turning a dull black as a side effect of the dark magic within the flame. Getting even close to the fast moving flame would be enough to do large amounts of damage. Sacros then moved back a few paces, and began to form a defensive spell in his mind, at the same time, he reached into the void and began to call upon spirits names...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:10 pm
Rather than reverse direction as planned, Christoph suddenly dashed to his left to avoid the flame by a margin just wide enough to ensure that he felt the heat, but wasn't burned by it.

At this point, it was safe to assume he could remain in the kitchen.

Fairly certain of which area of elements his opponent controlled, he began singing another, softer Doxology. His opponent would have to strain to hear Christoph- that is of course if his opponent could hear anything for that matter.

The mana invoked by the Doxology began to focus itself onto the tip of the left rapier, before manifesting itself into a ball about the size of a softball. Christoph intended to use this as a projectile, but nothing happened yet- excluding the fact that Christoph remained strafing left and slightly in now.

Chrjo12

The Last Pedigree

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:10 pm
Sacros had connected with many of his minions now, their manifestation upon this plane relying solely upon him. He closed his eyes, letting his mind sense the energy around him, looking through a sensor, rather than by his decieving eyes. He felt the energy on his opponent's sword, yet from this distance and the magnitude to the energy, he couldn't detect what it was, still, he was best to avoid it. Seeing as his connection with his minions was done, he began to form the spell to regain his physical form, letting his form solidify slightly, some of the skin retaking its shape...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:30 am
((Btw, I think I've finally got what race Christoph is- Incubus.))

Christoph continued to move inward and left, staying unordinarily light on his toes. The tactic Christoph was using was all about the ability to fluidly change, and swiftly. Christoph was around 20 feet from Sacros now ((Unless you disagree)) and took note of the reforming of a physical body, to at least some degree. Christoph liked that. There still was no throw or firing or whatever Christoph was going to do with that orb, which had stopped growing and had now begun to slowly charge itself to even greater magnitudes of power. Not to confuse anyone- the orb is complete and ready for use.

Chrjo12

The Last Pedigree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:19 pm
Sacros felt his physical form pretty much complete. Slowly he moved backwards, his foot lightly stepping on the sand as he moved. His wings were currently drawn tight against his body so they wouldn't be harmed during combat. His body was completely new, no cuts appeared upon him, he was without a single scar. It was when both his physical form were complete and his connection with his minions that he began to form an offensive spell, Sacros would simply blast the bard with shadow magic to keep him away...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:48 pm
Other than the continuation of the strafing of Christoph while moving always slightly in, Christoph only continued to charge the orb as long as he could. Sacros would have a fun time with this one.

((Btw, if you turn into a mist, wouldn't this time dilation prevention chip thingy fall out, or what?))

Chrjo12

The Last Pedigree

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:54 pm
((I'm not sure...))

Sacros watched as the orb charged on the end of the sword. He smiled to himself, watching the orb charge. He was growing bored of this charade. His eyes cast to his swords, lying on the ground. He would move for them, they were closer to him than they were to Christoph. He began to sidestep faster, moving over the sands to the location of his swords...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:24 pm
Christoph's left eyebrow raised at his opponent's awkwardly slow movement and he began smoothly yet swiftly walking towards the swords Sacros seemed to be headed towards.

He levelled the tip of the rapier upon which the orb rested towards Sacros and the other rapier towards the swords on the ground. Still, Christoph never stopped moving.

"I'd move a lot quicker, and in the opposite direction. You seem to be confused...."

Chrjo12

The Last Pedigree

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:45 pm
Sacros smiled as he looked at Christoph, and the swords ahead of him. "I promise you, if you touch those swords, the only grip you will get on it is the one your cold dead hand makes..." He could make it to one of the swords before Christoph did, it all depended on what colour sword Christoph went for, Blue or Green...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:33 pm
"Then it is fortunate for myself that I have no intention of ever retrieving either of your swords due to the very reckless nature of the act; I do, however, intend to prevent the unnecessary wielding of hostile weaponry against myself. If you should fall, I'd rather bring it about without jeopardizing my own welfare, even in the slightest."

Christoph's walk slowed during this speech so that he had more control over his movements- as in, should his opponent try to rush and retrieve one of the swords, he would receive a divinely painful
(pun intended xd ) orb to the chest or neck or something vital, which would quickly be followed by a dash and a flurry of rapier jabs and slices and whatnot. The distance at even this time allowed for such an assault.

A sword grabbing attempt would leave Sacros in pieces or close to it.

Before this issue rears its ugly head, Christoph would stop talking prematurely should anything begin to happen too quickly. Still, Christoph is renowned for his ability to multi-task...

Chrjo12

The Last Pedigree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:41 pm
Sacros watched as Christoph held the ball above his sword, letting it hover there almost. Sacros decided he would go for his sword, he had a few tricks up his sleeve too, something that might interfere with the bards plans. In a quick movement he dove at the ground, rolling and grabbing his sword at the same time. Atleast he had one of those now. If Christoph had fired his ball or made a swipe, he would be very surprised indeed...  
The Gaian Coliseum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff