Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Christianity isnt a religion,lets see if i am right,read Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

famusamu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:13 am
LRD_nick
Hate to brake it to you,but every jew believes in jesus christ
De de de
Not every Jew believes in Jesus. Some believe He never existed, some believe He was a blasphemer. The Talmud teaches he was killed because he blasphmed G-d  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:24 pm
They think he's prophet...
Dude,I study 3 different religions so I can correct people like you!

and plus your not a true christian because your christian/jewish
So you'll be going to hell....
Dude better look at every view if you want to say crap again!  

dirtdevilgrunt13

famusamu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:10 am
LRD_nick
They think he's prophet...
Dude,I study 3 different religions so I can correct people like you!

and plus your not a true christian because your christian/jewish
So you'll be going to hell....
Dude better look at every view if you want to say crap again!

Apparently you haven't studied Judaism hard enough!!! The Talmud calls Y'shua (Jesus in Hebrew) by the name of Yeshu יש"ו which in Ivrit (Hebrew) means yemach shemo vezichro, meaning "May his name and memory be obliterated", a term used for those guilty of enticing Jews to idolatry and used in place of the real names of individuals guilty of such sins who are deemed not worthy of being remembered in history. The Talmud slanders Jesus and calls Him the illegitamite son of Mary and a Roman soldier named Pandera(some sources call him Pantera). It calls Him a conjurer and accuses Him of sorcery.

Judaism NEVER calls Jesus a prophet! You must have it confused Islam oh wise Maven of 3 different religions rolleyes !! I suggest that you look up on 'Yeshu' and re-read your Bible to see that all of Apostles were Jewish, The 1st Disciples were Jewish, all the Books of the Bible were written by Jews, John the Baptist wasn't a 'baptist' but a Jew calling other Jews to repentance and mikvah (water immersion hence the name baptist), and that Jesus was a Jewish Savior!

As for me being a Messianic Jew; the word Messianic and the word Christian are one and the same. Christ is just the Greek name for Messiah, where Messianic comes from. You will find in Acts 11:26 that the word Christian is 1st used:
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Here is the same verse from the Hebrew Names Version Bible:
When he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. It happened, that for a whole year they were gathered together with the assembly, and taught many people. The talmidim(disciples) were first called Messianic in Antioch.

Why would I be going to hell if I am a Jew who believes Y'shua (Jesus) is the Jewish Messiah and have asked Him into my heart?? The Bible says that anyone who calls upon the Name of the LORD shall be saved. (Romans 10:13)
The Bible also says: For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that G-d raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9) The Bible says in the same chapter that there is no difference between Jew or Gentile when we believe that Jesus is LORD, for the same Lord is over all who call upon Him.

Lets not get into a peeing contest of I know more about this than you do sort of thing. I see that according to your profile my young ward that I graduated from high school a full year before your birth! Please be alittle more respectful of your elders. I suggest that you do alittle more studying on the subject. The Bible says in 2nd Timothy 2:15 KJV "Study to shew thyself approved unto G-d, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

May the LORD bless you as you study and may He give you guidance, knowledge and wisdom! Ahmain!

So you may increase in your knowledge and see general rejections of Jesus by non messianic jews  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:46 pm
all the Books of the Bible were written by Jews
Romans were catholics if I may,and they have a book in there to....

But ok,I see now..
You win I lose..
Thank you
your a great teacher!  

dirtdevilgrunt13

famusamu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:58 am
LRD_nick

But ok,I see now..
You win I lose..
Thank you
your a great teacher!
It's not about winning or losing. Its about increasing in knowledge the Word of the LORD. It's about accepting correction and using that to learn more about the Faith. It's about knowing why we believe what we believe.
One last thing the Book of Romans was written by Paul to Roman Gentiles who had come to Faith in Jesus. There weren't any catholics yet.

May G-d bless you in your studys  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:39 am
while i was at work yesterday, a co-worker was kinda stressed and let out a few $*%&(^, and such. Then i guess they noticed the most i say is "screw" and "pissed off". She said "your not religious are you?". I wasn't quite sure how to answer that one :p I consider my religion to be a relationship with Christ Jesus.
smile  

Siren of Saturn

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:01 pm
Siren of Saturn
while i was at work yesterday, a co-worker was kinda stressed and let out a few $*%&(^, and such. Then i guess they noticed the most i say is "screw" and "pissed off". She said "your not religious are you?". I wasn't quite sure how to answer that one :p I consider my religion to be a relationship with Christ Jesus.
smile
Quote:
True. It's more of a relationship.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:31 pm
LRD_nick
A true Christian,has a relationship with God And Christ.
So,as i found out,Christianity is a religion,its a relationship...

Anyone have any objections
I agree with this but one is not just a Christian by having a relationship with God, plus the word CHRISTIANITY just states the concept of the religion (or name) so in both ways they are combined. But in order to be a true Christian you need to accept Jesus as your personally savior and believe in your heart he died for you and that you were a sinner. Get rid of your old man and begin a new life Start looking for a church to worship at, and pray, read your word and just talk to him.  

campgoingurl

knivesl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:46 pm
i believe that religion is a following of ones own belifes... that incorperate rituals or such things that say that is not how God works when you may speak in tounges or lay hands on someone for healing... i ve seen this people say that is not how God works... well if im not mistaken god works in mysterious ways... and it is not our place to judge people for their actions if it isnt true God knows and God will deal with it

however Christianity is a relationship with Christ and God and the Holy Spirit... and being christian we cant take offence when someone says somthing against our God... God can fight his own battles it may be our place to say somthing but we can do it with humility so that when they say things we cant look like we think we are better then them by trying to force our God on them...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:17 pm
It's of course a relationship, since God is well, our Heavenly Father. Don't you ever wonder why at church they say "Sister" or "Brother," before your name? It's because, we're all children of God, and we're all brothers and sisters. =] It's similar with Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.  

TeddyLovingBear

5,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250

beadyone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:30 pm
famusamu
LRD_nick

But ok,I see now..
You win I lose..
Thank you
your a great teacher!
It's not about winning or losing. Its about increasing in knowledge the Word of the LORD. It's about accepting correction and using that to learn more about the Faith. It's about knowing why we believe what we believe.
One last thing the Book of Romans was written by Paul to Roman Gentiles who had come to Faith in Jesus. There weren't any catholics yet.

May G-d bless you in your studys

You are so right, my brother in CHRIST. If you want more information on the formation of the catholic church then read "The Great Controversy between Jesus and Satan". May He Bless your studies.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:53 pm
There are worldly terms and there are spiritual terms. Religion happens to be a wordly term that I do not agree with. However, many people, even Christians misunderstand the difference between religious and religion. I don't agree with either terms. People started calling it Christianity, then they named it a religion. I believe Jesus never came up with the word religion or Christianity.  

RebeccaWrites

Act of Random Kindness

1,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:22 pm
Like the person above me said, there are worldy terms and spiritual terms. Here's the worldly term for "religion."

A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Going by the definiton, yes Christianity is a religion. Unfortunatly we have to accept because we live in the natural world, but luckily, we live in the spiritual world too. I think that God meant it to be personal relationship, not a "go through the motions" religion.

So I guess the answer to the question is that Christianity is both a religion (by worldly views) and a relationship. (by God's view.)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:35 pm
christianity was made a religion,god meant for there to be only one,one way.Religion is a way for people to get to god,christianity is god coming to us.people have made religions to not only explore but justify their beliefs and sins,but that of course is MY belief.  

Evangelist J.P

LuckyMX

3,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:35 am
I've never looked at the dictionary meaning of it. But from my experience, I have to say that Christianity is a religion because we believe in God. Yes, it is a relationship with God. But in the beginning of time during Adam and Eve, they actually had contact with God. So no faith was needed. Nowadays, there are doubts and questions about God. So we have to have faith and beliefs. This is how I think Christianity is both a religion and relationship.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff