Back to Guilds

Tags: Catgirls, Nekomimi, Cat Ears, Catgirl Fans United 

Reply Catgirl Fans United
Sailor Mew Mew Power??? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Mew Mew Power a hardcore Sailor Moon rip off or not?
Yes!!!
25%
 25%  [ 11 ]
Heck No!!! &gt;.&lt;
53%
 53%  [ 23 ]
Mew Mew Power? Sailor Moon? Where have I been?!
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 43

Tuxed0 J

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:55 pm
Okay...let me clarify...I mean general concepts. Of course plots are going to be different or else you get lawsuits. As for the Chobits and DearS thing, I believe they are totally different. Chobits was about a super persocom trying to find out who she was among other things. DearS is about a lost alien (sorry, its late and havent seen entire series so this might sound half-baked) who finds someone to be her master and she isn't the only one...there's a whole freakin spaceship full of it. Now Tokyo Mew Mew and Sailor Moon....the main characters are young-teenaged girls....they both have bad guys...they both have magical items that allow them to transform....they both transform...they both have magical weapons...the main characters have a stange companion...I mean serious rip off >.<  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:34 pm
Actually there are diffrences to both shows if you notice the girls in Tokyo Mew Mew ( Mew mew power ) Have animal girls . Sailor Moon on the other hand doesnt but that dosent make it a bad anime ( the companies who cut it up are the Meanies like Adv ) I mean dont get me wronge the Mew mew powers I havent seen yet and Havent judged it yet so I wouldnt know you know. ( companies that ruin sailor moon are evil)  

Number XVIII_Cattrix

Ryuu Kuro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:08 am
yeah tokyo mew mew looks like sailormoon, but i think tokyo mew mew is better 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:14 pm
.........................someone pm me. preferably someone as a catgirl or guy. when you pm me make it random. i love random pms......btw anyone want to rate me. and no im not a n00b. i hate n00bs. they turned this place nto a damn chatterbox. i dont care if that hurt anyones feelings.....infact forget i said to pm me.....and btw tokyo mew mew isn't a rip off of sailor moon.  

Sakura_0

Number XVIII_Cattrix

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:07 pm
I Love heart Sailor Moon and Mew mew Power heart  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:36 pm
Rednal
superfreak234
I say no since Toyko Mew Mew and Salior Moon books are way different I should know I read them!!! And there very good!!!!! Why did they change the Toyko Mew Mew names any way!!!! There wasn't anything wrong with them.

Because 4Kids is comprised of a bunch of idiots who couldn't dub a series right if their lives depended on it?

WHY can't people dub things right? WHY??? why is the only good dubbing in Miyazaki's movies? it sucks. Altho im happy they managed to dub HIS stuff right at least. Miyazaki rocks. anyway, in what ways are they the same? if the characters were the same, and the art was a lot alike, you might be able to say that. besides, mew mew power is fighting for the earth, and sailor moon is fighting for the people on it. there's a difference. lets see, if thats a rip off, then all the books with angels and demons fighting are rip offs of each other. who says that?  

+POiSoNEd LoLLyPOp+

LeBette

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:39 pm
Fallen Kitsune Angel
Rednal
juice_box!
it's very much like sailor moon,yet different in the sense that they are cats.

Only one is. o.O We've also got a wolf, a monkey, a butterfly, and whatever that other one was. *Doesn't remember what it was*
actually a bird and a mermaid...

not a mermaid. she's a porpus i think.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:04 pm
Rednal
juice_box!
it''s very much like sailor moon,yet different in the sense that they are cats.

Only one is. o.O We''ve also got a wolf, a monkey, a butterfly, and whatever that other one was. *Doesn''t remember what it was*
stare there r no butterflys rofl  

Dark_angel35

Tuxed0 J

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:58 pm
black_crystal
Rednal
superfreak234
I say no since Toyko Mew Mew and Salior Moon books are way different I should know I read them!!! And there very good!!!!! Why did they change the Toyko Mew Mew names any way!!!! There wasn't anything wrong with them.

Because 4Kids is comprised of a bunch of idiots who couldn't dub a series right if their lives depended on it?

WHY can't people dub things right? WHY??? why is the only good dubbing in Miyazaki's movies? it sucks. Altho im happy they managed to dub HIS stuff right at least. Miyazaki rocks. anyway, in what ways are they the same? if the characters were the same, and the art was a lot alike, you might be able to say that. besides, mew mew power is fighting for the earth, and sailor moon is fighting for the people on it. there's a difference. lets see, if thats a rip off, then all the books with angels and demons fighting are rip offs of each other. who says that?

I can't believe this topic is still alive...and I still stand by my POV of the rip off. As for Miyazaki dubbing....its freakin Disney! They know how to do stuff right and they don't care about saving money...they know how it should be done and they do right!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:11 pm
Similar, yes. exactly the same, no.

similarities: similar attacks, pretty lights as attacks, love theme

difference: animals vs. outerspace stuff(big difference), etc.

However, if you like Sailor Moon, you probably like Tokyo Mew Mew as well.  

poleneceline

Liberal Capitalist

10,200 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Ichigo0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:50 pm
Tokyo Mew Mew's better!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:41 pm
No. It's a completely different series, just similar. That's like saying Duel Masters is a ripoff of Yu-Gi-Oh! Okay, bad example, but you get the point. xp  

Ashli-chan

Eternal Gaian

22,825 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Partygoer 500

Ryuu Kuro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:43 am
meh....tokyo mew mew beats yu-gi-oh, duel masters AND sailor moon 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:44 pm
Ryuu_Kuro
yeah tokyo mew mew looks like sailormoon, but i think tokyo mew mew is better 3nodding

I care more for sailormoon myself.  

katanaakuma

Ryuu Kuro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:11 am
yes...but...the kittyness of tokyo mew mew.....think of the kittyness! whee  
Catgirl Fans United

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items