Reply The Gaian Coliseum
A Timeless Lesson-Jyushin vs Genesis Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

S.Lyger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:19 pm
Scratching his head a bit at the change of scenery he wondered what exactly was going on, noting the temporal fluctuations he was soon informed. Listening to the words and absorbing the information he was forced to see combat in a different light. The elements about them were just as important as himself and his opponent, in this case more so.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:25 pm
Photographs

Images of children were frozen in planes of stopped time about Jyushin, photographs of the young boys and girls at play. The only direction around him not similarly stopped was the direction in which Tacitus stood, "These walls, simple as they are, are nothing but air and force of will. With them you can stop any physical blow in its tracks, but those that extend into supernatural forces and energy blasts are contained to a much lesser degree. They also make good pictures to hang on your wall."  

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

S.Lyger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:27 pm
Tacitus
Photographs

Images of children were frozen in planes of stopped time about Jyushin, photographs of the young boys and girls at play. The only direction around him not similarly stopped was the direction in which Tacitus stood, "These walls, simple as they are, are nothing but air and force of will. With them you can stop any physical blow in its tracks, but those that extend into supernatural forces and energy blasts are contained to a much lesser degree. They also make good pictures to hang on your wall."

He nodded, though he held the slightest of understandings as to what Tac was talking about, "go on."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:43 pm
Alternatives

He set a hand upon the closest pane, a residual image of his fingers remaining upon it as they trailed down. He seemed to study it as he spoke to Jyushin, "Just as you might pause time for an object or individual, focusing it into a box or a sheet...the effect is astounding." He drew a smiley face with horns on the next over, "My bullets...I focus a haste effect on them and acheive railgun velocity with very little recoil, if any. I almost never haste myself unless my target is physically faster." He turned to Jyu, "Give me your hand."  

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

S.Lyger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:56 am
Though at first he hesistated a moment he reached over offering his hands to Tacitus with no real equivications.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:28 pm
Lesson One

His hand darted forth to try and catch the boy's hand with an accuracy and speed that seemed godlike, but he wouldn't grip it at all. About his fingertips a surge of stlowed time seemed to fill the area around Jyu's hand, a sphere of time at such low speed that moving one's arm from it seemed nigh impossible without similar effects to counteract the slow. Behind his helm a smile flitted across his lips, "Lesson One, entrapment. For anyone without the ability to counteract our control of time, this field would make a subject immobile because, quite simply, they would be unable to pull their hand away. Even if a subject teleported, they would lose a hand. This works on most limbs quite easily, but if applied to the heart..."  

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

S.Lyger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:53 am
Jyu tugged at his arm physically first, it was at though he no longer controlled the upper half of his arm. Smiling at this lesson he nodded gratefully, from his wrist a bluish tint would seem to corrupt the natural color of the orb about his arm and the affects would be reversed returning his arm to him. "I like that" he said, his enthusiasm doubling.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:33 am
Lesson Two...and Three

Even before Jyu could finish his sentence Tac seemed to blur forward and thrust his hand into the boy's shoulder. An intense vibration would seem to fill his shoulder as a tingle runs through it, as if the section had fallen asleep. When he tears his hand away the flesh looks pale and does seem to be asleep, the whole almost as if it was dying. Though unseen, Tac wore a sullen expression, "Lesson Two, in time, everything dies. Your shoulder has gone quite a significant expanse of time without food, water, or movement. A condensed field of extreme accellerated time in a static passing. The flesh does not age, grow, regenerate, or even feel, all it does is die. To a normal human this effect will turn their flesh to dust in moments, to higher beings it is less effective, but dangerous nonetheless." His hand clentched into a fist and a hint of disgust was in his voice, "Used against other portions of the body it can be fatal. You kill anybody like this, and you won't exist long enough to see it through."  

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

S.Lyger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:37 am
Tacitus
Lesson Two...and Three

Even before Jyu could finish his sentence Tac seemed to blur forward and thrust his hand into the boy's shoulder. An intense vibration would seem to fill his shoulder as a tingle runs through it, as if the section had fallen asleep. When he tears his hand away the flesh looks pale and does seem to be asleep, the whole almost as if it was dying. Though unseen, Tac wore a sullen expression, "Lesson Two, in time, everything dies. Your shoulder has gone quite a significant expanse of time without food, water, or movement. A condensed field of extreme accellerated time in a static passing. The flesh does not age, grow, regenerate, or even feel, all it does is die. To a normal human this effect will turn their flesh to dust in moments, to higher beings it is less effective, but dangerous nonetheless." His hand clentched into a fist and a hint of disgust was in his voice, "Used against other portions of the body it can be fatal. You kill anybody like this, and you won't exist long enough to see it through."

"Why not, does it affect you as well?" he asked curiously, quickly moving to negate the temporal effects, nervous that it might permanently effect him.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:33 pm
Demons

Hidden within the helm his eye twitches as his grip seems to tighten further, his voice floating through clentched teeth, "It is none of your concern. While it would affect me, but not nearly in the way you might suppose, it is something you will NEVER use to kill, because no matter where or when you go, I will be watching." His grip would begin to loosen slightly as he took a step back, Jyu's attempts to reverse the effects upon his shoulder rather pointless as it had been done and reversing the process would require reversing that portion of his body in time. Ironically, this would lead to the actual Lesson Three...  

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

S.Lyger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:33 pm
Jyu nodded, "yes sir" sensing the seriousness in his voice he decided just then he would never use that technique to kill.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:56 pm
The Real Lesson Three

His gaze drifted among the images frozen in the air about them, a flick of his wrist dissolving them in a shower of rosepetals. At one moment he stands with an eye cast to a patch of flowers and the next one is held delicately in his armored hands. This flower, however, seems to be on the verge of death, hardly worthy of such delicate grace. His eyes glance up to Jyushin, "As time wears on the soul, heals our wounds, and leaves pain to be forgotten, it also steals away beauty. This rose...is dying. In twelve minutes it will no longer be able to cling to life as it has for days, it will succumb to time itself." A glow suffused the area about his hands, the rose regaining its color and life, returning to a point just before it fully bloomed. Hidden in his helm a content smile formed across Tac's lips, "This ability is...difficult to master and even harder to apply in combat. It heals wounds, rejuvinates energy supplies, and seems mostly beneficial. However, if you can force a section of a being back to a point before their birth..." He let out a sigh, "Such would take a great deal of time with anyone older than around 20 years, and even then it doesn't do much harm and thus would seem useless in combat."  

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

S.Lyger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:59 pm
Jyushin stepped forward, "though it could be useful, to null the necessity to kill someone. Instead take them back to a time before they existed, a painless death false named, for its not truly murder."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:12 pm
Murder

Within his helm he narrowed his eyes at Jyu, "It is muder all the same. Justify it however you like, but it is quite simply ending the life of another being. Besides, you must remember one thing, trying to apply it to a being as a whole is more difficult than a small area. Your mind is nothing more than rage and death, something that begs me to teach it for the single purpose of continued destruction. My teachings are for the betterment of all, NOT for killing."  

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

S.Lyger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:17 pm
Tacitus
Murder

Within his helm he narrowed his eyes at Jyu, "It is muder all the same. Justify it however you like, but it is quite simply ending the life of another being. Besides, you must remember one thing, trying to apply it to a being as a whole is more difficult than a small area. Your mind is nothing more than rage and death, something that begs me to teach it for the single purpose of continued destruction. My teachings are for the betterment of all, NOT for killing."

Jyu's face seemed to change, his enthusiastic face giving way to a solumn nod, "i understand."  
The Gaian Coliseum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff