Christian anime?
  Yes!! ^_^
  No!
  gold....
View Results

Etherealemblem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:34 pm
Shymia
I'm not sure but there is one called Chrono Crusade which is somewhat christian after all there is a nun that befriends the devil to get rid of demons. It's not really christian based but it does talk about God and such in the Japanese point of view really.

sounds weird and non christian, befriending the devil? amusing!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:25 am
Christianity is a part of Japanese culture, since there are Christians in Japan. There are anime characters that are Christian, but it's hard for me to remember specific ones at the moment.

If you ever watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, they use many Christian symbols such as the cross and the tree of life. There's also the son that must save the world. Adam and Eve. Fallen angels. That show is a lot more complicated than it seems.  

kim ocean

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:30 am
kim ocean
Christianity is a part of Japanese culture, since there are Christians in Japan. There are anime characters that are Christian, but it's hard for me to remember specific ones at the moment.

There are also nazis in america, doesn't make us facist. You must remember that pretty much no other nation in the world is as much of a melting pot as America (and doubly so because there was no original 'american' culture).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:17 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
kim ocean

There are also nazis in america, doesn't make us facist. You must remember that pretty much no other nation in the world is as much of a melting pot as America (and doubly so because there was no original 'american' culture).

What are you even talking about? The point I was trying to make is that Christianity does have a history in Japan. When they brought gunpowder and weapons in the 16th century, they also brought Christianity. Then after WWII, holidays like St. Valentine's Day and Christmas were introduced and became very popular, even if Jesus has been taken out of the equation. So even if Japan's primary religions (Shinto and Buddhism) are the most prominent, it's culture is still influenced by Christianity. I can't think of a single country in the world that hasn't had their culture and history be touched or affected by Christianity, even if it isn't the main religion in that region.  

kim ocean

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:29 pm
Christian shows
sounds good.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:35 pm
kim ocean
What are you even talking about? The point I was trying to make is that Christianity does have a history in Japan. When they brought gunpowder and weapons in the 16th century, they also brought Christianity. Then after WWII, holidays like St. Valentine's Day and Christmas were introduced and became very popular, even if Jesus has been taken out of the equation. So even if Japan's primary religions (Shinto and Buddhism) are the most prominent, it's culture is still influenced by Christianity. I can't think of a single country in the world that hasn't had their culture and history be touched or affected by Christianity, even if it isn't the main religion in that region.

When Christianity was first introduced, it was regarded as strange and hated by many inhabitants. Christian missionarries were imprisoned and executed. Christianit only became free as a result of WWII (source). Yes, Christianity is and has been in japan, though the result (aside from the examples you pointed out) hass been extremely negligible.  

ioioouiouiouio

zeroshi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:26 am
Wish is somewhat Christian in which in the last volume it tells of how God has a grand plan, even though things seem pretty grim. (But the ending kind of strays from it too.) Most of sqauresoft stuff actually has christian- based themes, considering the fights b/w light and dark, sins and forgiveness, etc. Let's see... There's also Serenity, a manga about a girl going to a youth fellowship. (But it was made in the U.S. so it doesn't really count as "true" manga) The company who published it is also a christian based company that's trying to find ways to share the gospel in a more modern and entertaining way. And...That's all I got!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:20 pm
I've been wondering if there is any Christian Anime, and I'm glad you have found some!

Would you please PM me with the information?  

Azarhael Morganti

Shizuko-chan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:31 pm
Ginger Snapple
As you know most of those are photoshopped with the quotes in them.
Are you looking for anime stills with Christian sayings, or are you looking for an actual Christian anime?
I don't know if there is really a Christian anime, seeing as thats not part of the culture in Japan.
But maybe I'm wrong.

accutally....for quite some time in japan christianity was a very big thing around the meji era i beilieve, things went down hill for a bit tho when japan closed its doors to the world, they started killing christian beilivers because they only wabted people being shinto or budist. but in modern day japan theres almost as may christians as there are in north america. 3nodding (haha sry...just felt like putting in that little history lesson)
Man that'd be awsome! i love anime, it'd be cool to see a christian one....have you tryed googling it? or looking on tokyopop.com?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 pm
;D Hellsing? It has the Christian edge to it.  

Tesu-Chan

Tikirio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:22 pm
Well once I found a online manga that was about a guy who became a Christian and left his band cuz they were mean...

Was that a run-on sentence?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:06 pm
Tikirio-chan
Well once I found a online manga that was about a guy who became a Christian and left his band cuz they were mean...

Was that a run-on sentence?

Oh god, that reminds me of a chick tract...

/cry.  

ioioouiouiouio

GoldenGuardianToran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:08 pm
*sigh* ive been hooked on the manga thing for two years...i draw in that style and i watch some anime

ive finally read a manga. im hooked on fruits basket...though i cant say i like all the content...

and it really makes me mad to see all the immorality in anime and manga. it makes me mad...really really mad. im ought to prove manga can be cool with clothes and good themes...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:36 pm
GoldenGuardianToran
*sigh* ive been hooked on the manga thing for two years...i draw in that style and i watch some anime

ive finally read a manga. im hooked on fruits basket...though i cant say i like all the content...

and it really makes me mad to see all the immorality in anime and manga. it makes me mad...really really mad. im ought to prove manga can be cool with clothes and good themes...

No kidding! I went to this store called Animax w/ my Dad & little sister, and dude, there was a 18/+ section, but they still had half-nude women showing their boobs! That's nudity! That's 18/+. stare It ticked me off.  

Trisa Slyne

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces