Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Your Book of Shadows Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

healerweaver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:52 am
A three ring binder is just fine for making a Book, if that's what you're comfortable with or simply have the time for. I was recently given a copy of Patricia Telesco's 'Your Book of Shadows: How to Write Your Own Magical Spells' for my birthday from my mother, Gods all Bless her. In just reading this book, I have found quite a few good ideas to help with my own Book of Shadows. Over the years I have compilied a lot of information, but have yet to put it all in one place, which I am slowly doing now thanks to my new gift.

Writing, or compiling, a Book of Shadows is mostly up to your own personal feelings on what you think you should have readily available to you for rituals, spells, and other magical workings. Understand that we can tell you what we have in our own Books, but in the end the choice of what goes into your Book is solely that, your choice.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:05 pm
Healerweaver is right- if that's what's comfortable, then that's what's right for you. I personally use an A4 Art sketchbook which I've decorated in silver symbols. On the back (cardboard), I've written a Book of Shadows Blessing.
Vaughan's is a plain, black hardcover notebook, about A5 size, and maybe 200 pages?

Your BOS is going to be perfect for you- not everyone else.

If you like keeping things organised, then a Ringbinder is definately suitable. But I too, like Helmorana, like to keep things in chronological order. It just feels more personal, I guess. ^_^  

JVCA

shivanti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:09 am
use the Libary, it has alot of helpfull info that i think should personaly end up in a BOS  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:30 pm
ive been in the craft for eight years and in that time ive only filled one b.o.s. Not because im lazy but because my parents stole all my stuff like four times so ive had to start from scratch every time gonk  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Kimbelie

5,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:16 am
i am very creative so my book of shadows (BoS still rubs me the wrong way i dont get it) is a kind of scrapbook in away with drawings and colorings of different picture that go a long with the subject. i do buy parchment for the book so its not not much like the scrapbook nuts out there (no offence you the scrapbookers) i write in pen so that when its passed on others can read it i stick with black for the most part and the order of the pages and such... well there really is not any i do how ever keep same topic subjects toghther. really its what make you feel good about it what makes you feel the wow i guess you would say.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:52 am
Mine is an art book type thingy and I made a hole in the side for a lock as my parents like to snoop and go through my stuff. I heart locks, so useful! I keep my information in it that I need as well as spells and record my experiences in it. I alos have quite a nack with calligraphy so in the front I did this beautiful page with drawings and the wiccan rede in calligraphy xD I love my book of shadows heart  

[ Pixilated_Death ]

The Spam Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:24 pm
Mine is a black hard-cover book... I'm almost afraid of writing in it atm... I went from writing in it every day or two to not at all for many months. I donno why confused  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:17 pm

I have -technically- two Books of Shadows. One is my real one, and the other is a three-ring binder. I like to keep things grouped, so I put everything I'm going to write in the three-ring binder, and slowly transfer it to my good one.

()() ()()
( . .) (. . )
O('')('') ('')('')O

Childhood Dreams

CraftyCow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:18 am
Mine is an old book on shorthand that I bought from a second hand shop. It is brown leatherbound with no obvious writing on the outside. I have been converting it into my book of shadows. Inside it is much like a sketch book. I use photographs, drawings, scraps of paper and charms as well as small abstract paintings that I have done to represent the elements, which also make excellent tools for visualisation. I tend to write all my spells and rituals down in it, even the ones that don't work, as well as my experiences in the craft, so that should my daughter want to follow the same path, she will have all the information that I have learnt to help her begin her journey.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:18 pm
dreams  

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500

Aurellion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:12 pm
Wow - Squeek, that sounds reaallly pretty. whee

Hannah, good job. xd Maybe you should do a "how to" for creating the lock.. Actually, when we get the newsletter all sorted out - could you do it as an article?

Rei, that's a good idea.. ^^ I also have two books of shadows - but one's my "mirror book" which records my expierences, and drafts out spells - but it doesn't quite work out... ^^;

Michel, that sounds spiffy.. ^^ If your daughter were to follow the same path, I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

Sabrina, mind elaborating on that? This is why one-word posts are against ze Guild Guidelines/ Rules.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:59 pm
--aurellion--
Wow - Squeek, that sounds reaallly pretty. whee
thank you redface

i added a family tree to my book... so when its handed down to my childern and they want to fallow that same path... they can add thier names. its a twisting tree with confetti green, yellow, red, and orange leaves. it looks cool i think... 3nodding  

Kimbelie

5,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:44 pm
i have a particularly nice on waiting in the wings. its made of all natural mulberry papper and birch bark core covers, it has a skeletonized(?) leaf on the cover with a sun and moon seal over the lot.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:38 pm
Squeek Panda Bear
thank you redface

i added a family tree to my book... so when its handed down to my childern and they want to fallow that same path... they can add thier names. its a twisting tree with confetti green, yellow, red, and orange leaves. it looks cool i think... 3nodding

Welcome. 3nodding

Oooh, wowie... I'm jealous~! xp

Aurellion

Violent Rain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:13 pm
Are Christians allowed these books? And if so, how do I get one?  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff