Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Familiars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Helmorana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:37 pm
Cats are royalty. Some are spoiled and like to cuddle but most cats that have some sense in them act like royalty.

It's why I like them too.

I don't have a familiar, I have two pet rats and they're cuties, but they've never been treated as lap rats and therefore hate petting. They like their privacy and me. razz Just hate petting.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:53 pm
i do not have a familiar but i do have a totem thats kinda like a familiar. Brother Raven, he tells me stuff to look out for and what is in the immediate future.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

darkrock64

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:55 pm
just one question as im still new to this kinda stuff wat exactly is a familiar?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:02 am
a familiar is basically a spirit or creature that you have a magickal connection, making that spirit or creature "familiar" to you.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Childhood Dreams

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:35 am

My familiar, when I had one (she left, I think there's a different name for this kind), was strict with me when she needed to be, but she was never agressive towards me. She never used bad language.

Ever thought that this... cat? isn't your familiar? You never know, it could be something else. I'm not entirely sure that they should be swearing at you, cause I don't think it helps or guides anyone, other than confusing them.

I may be wrong, but I'm just throwing the possibility out there.
()() ()()
( . .) (. . )
O('')('') ('')('')O

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:48 pm
darkrock64
then what do u call having multiple spirits in your dreams helping you threw life?
cause thats wat i have.
in my dreams or when im in meditation im guided by an elven healer, a cloaked mage and a noble swordsmen

darkrock64

Sachi_x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:24 pm
I've never heard of familiars before sweatdrop <
Anyways, I don't think I have one yet. It could be my cat, but I'm not sure. I've always liked cats, but I don't know how close we are. As for my dog, he likes me, but likes the other members of my family more for some reason sweatdrop

I'd say my brother's totem is the dog, and ours is most likely his familar (from what I've heard here, anyways).  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:06 pm
Remember that a familiar does not have to be the family pet. I don't have a familiar that has a physical body. I do own a cat (or am owned by him, I'm still not sure), but he does not help during ritual/spell work. He knows when I am working, but he doesn't actively help. There is a book by Raven Grimassi that is all about familiars. It is titled "The Witch's Familiar". I found it to be very informative.  

Oshun

Childhood Dreams

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:03 pm

Exactly. My familiar wasn't any sort of live animal, in my household or otherwise. Mine was a horse, and in my lucid dreams. And occasionally, I could feel her over my shoulder (if space permitted).

()() ()()
( . .) (. . )
O('')('') ('')('')O

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:50 pm
Mine are always present. Whenever I need someone to comfort me and let me know that I am not alone, they are there, lending a wing for shelter or a neck to hug.  

Oshun

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:07 pm
Oshun
Remember that a familiar does not have to be the family pet. I don't have a familiar that has a physical body. I do own a cat (or am owned by him, I'm still not sure), but he does not help during ritual/spell work. He knows when I am working, but he doesn't actively help. There is a book by Raven Grimassi that is all about familiars. It is titled "The Witch's Familiar". I found it to be very informative.

i have the same book and it is very informative but i find hid use of the term "sexual secretions" a little off putting.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:58 pm
im thinking of summoning a familiar but im still not sure.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

[ Pixilated_Death ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:46 pm
darkrock64
Then what do u call having multiple spirits in your dreams helping you threw life?
cause thats wat i have.
in my dreams or when im in meditation im guided by an elven healer, a cloaked mage and a noble swordsmen

Sounds like a gaurdian to me ... I could be completely wrong though, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:06 am
[ Pixilated_Death ]
darkrock64
Then what do u call having multiple spirits in your dreams helping you threw life?
cause thats wat i have.

Sounds like a gaurdian to me ... I could be completely wrong though, lol.

if thats the case then im lucky to have 3 if i count the elf who i met in my past life. (no joke im serious)  

darkrock64

The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces