I'm Lutheran  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:39 pm
Teh Zaine
METHODIST. woot! any other methodists here...? question

yep, Im also methodist.  

General_Tenken

Darkdestroyer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:59 pm
I'm Roman Catholic....but that idea of a multidenominational church is what I'd believe in. Don't diss our beliefs, especially if you don't understand them evil  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:08 pm
I am actually an apostolic pentecostal... Most people have never heard of my religion.... I believe in dressing modest such as wearing skirts and wearing jewelry or make-up...... If you want to know anymore... pm me! razz  

Jedi-girl101

AnimeMonkey

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:19 pm
Presbyterian PCA 3nodding I luff my church heart  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:57 am
x_satanstropheywife_x
what christian denomination are you? me myself im seventh day adventist a beleiver of god ended on saturday... vegitarians... i love god... although i can't stand catholics... a second god?... but it is thier religion
a secound god??? when did that happen

not that i am catholic

i am foursquare

or christian!!  

Little__Angel

ctgirl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:44 am
eh...i guess i would be considered a protestant....since...that's why calvary chapel says they are...*shrug*

Quote:
although i can't stand catholics... a second god?... but it is thier religion

o____O the last time i was a catholic was in the eighth grade...and i hadn't heard about that...they always stood up for the three persons one God thing....Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. o___O? what are you talking about?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:24 pm
ctgirl
eh...i guess i would be considered a protestant....since...that's why calvary chapel says they are...*shrug*

Quote:

o____O the last time i was a catholic was in the eighth grade...and i hadn't heard about that...they always stood up for the three persons one God thing....Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. o___O? what are you talking about?

ok all who are wondering what the 2nd god thing is, it is MARY MOST catholics not involved in the charismatic movement almost worship mary, they believe that she, and the apostals are DIVINE like God, the are no more holy then us, the present day saints! my mom was once a catholic, and she knows how boring it was, and how unbiblical, BUT some Catholics are ready, the ones who actually accepted christi INTO their LIVES, not merley ATTEMPT to serve him, I have seen this heresy, but I pray for my unsaved catholic brethren constantly, and uphold my saved catholic brethren, and I prey that they will return to what the first church was, and be true spokesmen of the christian faith! for they have the responsiblity as the biggest denoination, to uphold the ways of christ!  

Etherealemblem

Berezi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:03 am
Cometh The Inquisitor
Haha, while I am non-denominational, I go to a baptist church, so I often get annoyed with the very bureaucratic way of doing things (long, complicated membership processes, extensive reliance on 'committees' that make decisions for the church, and such stuff like that).

But it's the only church (barring my old one and a catholic one) in the area, so I put up with it.
::shrug:: I go to a baptist church as well, though I view my Christianity, as others on this forum have said, as a relationship with Christ, first and foremost, not my denomination.

We do things kind of bureaucratically, but about the only thing I share frustration with you in relation to that is the membership thing.

At least at my church, many people would rather let someone else do the decision making (not many people show up to the church-wide meetings). So, it's theoretically up to the pastor, the church's leader, to make those decisions. When you think of it like that, it's better to at least get some input and thought from pepole other than the pastor.

But I do agree that it shouldn't be that way. Decisions in a church body should involve the whole body's input.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:21 am
non-denominational here  

symphony in peril

fantrl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:13 am
MagisterofJesusChrist
ctgirl

Quote:

ok all who are wondering what the 2nd god thing is, it is MARY MOST catholics not involved in the charismatic movement almost worship mary, they believe that she, and the apostals are DIVINE like God, the are no more holy then us, the present day saints! my mom was once a catholic, and she knows how boring it was, and how unbiblical, BUT some Catholics are ready, the ones who actually accepted christi INTO their LIVES, not merley ATTEMPT to serve him, I have seen this heresy, but I pray for my unsaved catholic brethren constantly, and uphold my saved catholic brethren, and I prey that they will return to what the first church was, and be true spokesmen of the christian faith! for they have the responsiblity as the biggest denoination, to uphold the ways of christ!
Sigh, I love misconceptions. Catholics don't worship Mary. Catholics don't worship the apostles. Neither are divine. Mary was born without original sin by the grace of God, so that she could be a pure vessel to deliver God. As the mother of God, we honor her. Everyone should honor Mary for saying Yes to God. Martin Luther had a devotion to Mary. On the cross, Jesus gave his Mother to be all of our mothers. He said to the apostle whom he loved Behold your mother. We should all be the apostle whom he loved, and treat Mary as our mother as Jesus commanded. We don't worship Mary, we honor her. We don't pray to Mary, we ask her to pray to God for us. That's all Mary can do for us is pray for us. We see Mary's intercession causing Jesus to do a miracle at the wedding feast of Cana. Honoring Mary work, it's biblical, and it's required. Of course God is much, much higher than Mary. That's why Catholics care more about Jesus than Mary. I'm sorry that you're so misled on Catholicism.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:18 pm
I don't know what you call it....but I go to a vineyard church....vinyardian?
I still go to other churches sometimes though. I enjoy a more formal atmosphere now and then. I was at a catholic mass tonight, and I'm going to my vineyard church tomorow.  

Alice_K8

Soul Mourn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:23 pm
non-denominational for me too  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:36 pm
fantrl
MagisterofJesusChrist
ctgirl

Quote:

Sigh, I love misconceptions. Catholics don't worship Mary. Catholics don't worship the apostles. Neither are divine. Mary was born without original sin by the grace of God, so that she could be a pure vessel to deliver God. As the mother of God, we honor her. Everyone should honor Mary for saying Yes to God. Martin Luther had a devotion to Mary. On the cross, Jesus gave his Mother to be all of our mothers. He said to the apostle whom he loved Behold your mother. We should all be the apostle whom he loved, and treat Mary as our mother as Jesus commanded. We don't worship Mary, we honor her. We don't pray to Mary, we ask her to pray to God for us. That's all Mary can do for us is pray for us. We see Mary's intercession causing Jesus to do a miracle at the wedding feast of Cana. Honoring Mary work, it's biblical, and it's required. Of course God is much, much higher than Mary. That's why Catholics care more about Jesus than Mary. I'm sorry that you're so misled on Catholicism.

funny, why would mary intercest when she isn't any different then us? she get's no special attention, she was and is just a NORMAL human being that the father favoured, and no, their is no biblical scripture that states she was born without sin, if thou can find it, then bring it forth!  

Etherealemblem

fantrl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:12 am
MagisterofJesusChrist
funny, why would mary intercest when she isn't any different then us?
We can intercess too. When you pray for someone, you're their intercessor.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff