Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Everyone loves polls! :D
  He he, I know. ^_^
View Results

Seority

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:18 am
LadyAmbrosia

lol I'm just thrilled that God stuck around and waited for me to stop being a spoiled brat!

lol He did the same for me ^^.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:09 pm
Oo....a brat?...tisk tisk, you were naughty!, now you are nice! WOOT! WOOT!  

Etherealemblem

Seority

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:51 pm
MagisterofJesusChrist

lol i was
still my step dad came and made me do chores
now i have the responsiblities of a 18 year old and the privlages of a 12 year old
i guess he became power crazy at our house
@_@
o well, that's another story ^^'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:08 pm
sounds fun.............but be happy also, you don't have to worry about the fact that you may have to raise $1500 in 4 months to go to a Machinama convention.......being from northern canada means that new york is expensive to fly too.........I'm glad I'm only going IF we actually get promotion.....and the historical remeberance, Guard Duty shall stand as the first working Elder Scrolls Machinima in history! if so I'll get interviews and stuff for my trailer!  

Etherealemblem

Seority

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:44 pm
MagisterofJesusChrist
sounds fun.............but be happy also, you don't have to worry about the fact that you may have to raise $1500 in 4 months to go to a Machinama convention.......being from northern canada means that new york is expensive to fly too.........I'm glad I'm only going IF we actually get promotion.....and the historical remeberance, Guard Duty shall stand as the first working Elder Scrolls Machinima in history! if so I'll get interviews and stuff for my trailer!

Yes. I feel oh so terrible that you get to go to a convention...
Well I don't like mechs anyeway. I'm more fantasy / comedy type person ^^.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:36 am
Seority
MagisterofJesusChrist

Yes. I feel oh so terrible that you get to go to a convention...
Well I don't like mechs anyeway. I'm more fantasy / comedy type person ^^.

the point is that I HAVE to go and I don't have enough MONEY to go........and this will get national attention! I am one of the admins and I need to be there!!!!....AHHHHH!!!! *dies*  

Etherealemblem

Seority

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:46 pm
MagisterofJesusChrist

the point is that I HAVE to go and I don't have enough MONEY to go........and this will get national attention! I am one of the admins and I need to be there!!!!....AHHHHH!!!! *dies*

now I just feel terrible that you're an admin and that you'll get national attention....
i dont think you need to much for conventions. Expessially if it's your own XP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:40 am
Seority
MagisterofJesusChrist

now I just feel terrible that you're an admin and that you'll get national attention....
i dont think you need to much for conventions. Expessially if it's your own XP

BUT I FEEL OBLIGATED! I MADE THEIR INTRO! WHICH IS WHAT ALL THE JUDGES WILL HEAR FIRST!!!! BUUUUUUUU  

Etherealemblem

LadyAmbrosia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:15 pm
MagisterofJesusChrist

Yes I was a terrible self-centred little thing... it was aweful. But I have God now, so I try to be centred on Him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:25 pm
LadyAmbrosia
MagisterofJesusChrist

Yes I was a terrible self-centred little thing... it was aweful. But I have God now, so I try to be centred on Him.

an admirable ambition, you and I share common ground then.  

Etherealemblem

Berezi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:12 pm
LadyAmbrosia
MagisterofJesusChrist

I'm sort of the same way. God has to do a lot of re-focusing for me. That's why I'm so glad He loves us no matter what.

Anyway, to the music issue, I feel a little differently than other people here as to what Christian music is. I know God can use secular songs to speak to people, but what matters isn't what the song can be interpreted as but what it's intent was. If it was not intended to be Christian, it's not. Meaningful, powerful, yes. Christian, no.

Christian music is music that was intended to glorify God or allow a message from God to be conveyed through song.

=)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:54 am
For my definition of Christian music, just music that reaches toward God. For example I actually like two Christian bands, underOATH and Norma Jean.  

Bronn the Sellsword

Etherealemblem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:01 pm
Merc Pip Bernadotte
For my definition of Christian music, just music that reaches toward God. For example I actually like two Christian bands, underOATH and Norma Jean.

underoath, awesome, norma jean........ stressed very much dislike them! I hate their sound, it sounds like every other metalcore band........but they have touched people for christ, so I don't really care, As I Lay Dying, underOATH and Demon Hunter are the only metalCORE bands I like, I'm a death/black metal junky!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:34 pm
I listen to Underoath, Relient K , Inhabited , Demon Hunter  

Soul Mourn

Seority

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:16 pm
User Image

Does anybody think that some 'Christian' bands sing songs that have almost no meaning to what Christianity is or what it stands for? I know a lot of Christian music, and let me tell you, some are just flat out stupid! I know that some groups do a silly song here and there, but some don't make any sence in any of their songs! It's almost fustrating when they call them selves a 'Chritian' band. It's quite odd though because if you do call yourselves Christain, you popularity goes down about 75% of what it would be. I have some of my friends listen to the Christian music I have. They said, "O that's awesome! Who are they?" I say their name and that they're a Christian band. They almost immedently forget about the whole ordeal. It's quite sad.

There's also some groups or singers, such as Evenesence, who don't say they're Christian, but definetly could be. I always admired them for some reason. They get many people to listen to their music, even though they maybe thinking other things, it keeps them away from the real crappy music that's out these days. Some people start to shun those kinds of bands saying that they only want the ratings. Well, if they were really that selfish, they would spit out any kind of random junk just to get to the top. rolleyes

Anywho, just more stuff to talk about I suppose.

Kitty teh bread.

Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces