Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Am I ok in this?
  Yes, I agree
  No, and here's why: (please post)
  Unsure
  No, you are a horrible, promiscuous person.
  I'd rather not get involved.
View Results

alteus_hades

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:56 am
KateDogg
Actually, I beg to differ from most other people who have posted thus far...

I hate to say it, and I'm sure you'd hate to hear it, but premarital sex is, without a doubt, wrong. Doesn't matter if you get married or not. Any sex out of wedlock is (unfortunately, for me to say it) a sin.

Just wanted to clear things up for the people here. I wouldn't feel comfortable if I lied to you, so... ( neutral ) here's the truth.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I had sex with my husband before we got married, but I still agree that it is a sin. Sex is clearly meant for the boundries of marriage, just because we don't agree with the current "marriage' customs, doesn't mean that they aren't valid. There are a lot of laws in effect in the world that I don't agree with, but because they are laws I have to follow them.

Having said that, I've got some good news for you. Jesus can and will forgive you, no matter what you do. We all make mistakes, and in today's culture and society sex and sexuality is a huge issue to a lot of people. In the end you have to examine what God wants of you, what he's trying to tell you.. how He wants you to live your life.

I personally don't think he wants you to have sex before marriage, and if I could do it again, I wouldn't have. Maybe think about abstaining from now on until you are married by a court of law?

After I became Christian that is what I did.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:49 am
Genesis 2:24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Matthew 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE, 5 And said, FOR THIS CAUSE SHALL A MAN LEAVE FATHER AND MOTHER, AND SHALL CLEAVE TO HIS WIFE: AND THEY TWAIN SHALL BE ONE FLESH? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Ephesians 5:31 FOR THIS CAUSE SHALL A MAN LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER, AND SHALL BE JOINED UNTO HIS WIFE, AND THEY TWO SHALL BE ONE FLESH.

keyword:WIFE!!! it is a sin to have sex before wedlock and it doesn't join your souls, but ur body.
Example: 1 Corinthians 6:15-17, "Don't u realize that ur bodies are actually parts of Christ? Should a man take his body, which is part of Christ, and join it to a prostitute? Never! And don't u realize that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her?" For the scriptures say, The 2 are united into one (Gen 2:24)" NLT i believe.  

Uncouth_Youth

zz1000zz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:16 pm
Uthopia
zz1000zz
somebodys_PeNgUIN
zz1000zz
MimiInWonderland
Ten commandments. No commiting adultery. Adultery = sex without marriage. :/ You may be conforted by people who try to comfort you and say it's A-okay, but it's not in God's book. You can't have comfort by people who tell you what you committed is okay, but you can find comfort by asking for God's mercy once again, and leave it alone (it's in the past and God doesn't nag) and don't have sex like that again. Don't go by what you feel because the Bible clearly says to be sober of your feelings, your feelings are from the flesh, and the flesh will fail you.

Adultery includes having sex while married, with anyone save your spouse. Despite this, people in the old testament had sex outside marriage, and there was no condemnation. You know, Abram and Hagar. The father of the people of God had sex with a slave and that is okay.

But heaven forbid two people in love have sex.

Abram had sex with Hagar because his wife wanted Abram to have a child and she sent Hagar unto him for said purpose. I'm not so sure that's considered adultery. stare Who knows...could be.

Anyway, just random outburst there, sorry to get off topic. sweatdrop

Oh yeah, if your wife is cool with it, you can have sex with anyone you want.

Yeah, that doesn't make it right. According to your logic, my parents can be cool with me going out killing people and it'll be alright. ninja

Nice way to misconstrue my post. I mean, it is not as though there is *any* difference in the two...

Quote:
Also, you have no info on the story of Hagar and Abram. In those days, if the wife could not have children, it was alright to have the wife's comcubine have sex with the husband so to pass on the family name. In the same way, if the wife's husband died, the husband's brother would have to sleep with the wife inorder to carry on the brother's name. Of course, we don't do that now, so, your arguement was absolutely pointless and off topic. stare

Off topic? The common Christian moralities in regards to sex are founded in the Old Testament. If you reject a portion of them out of hand, you demean all of them.

Tell me, where in the bible does it reject what Hagar and Abram did? Where does the New Testament forbid such acts? Does the New Testament say, "Concubines are no longer allowed"? Where does it say which sexual morals are still valid and which are not?

Until questions such as those are answered, there is no way to tell a person their sexual acts are immoral.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:08 pm
zz1000zz
Is that sarcasm?  

Haven923

Aged Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

zz1000zz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:23 pm
Uthopia
And by saying that sexual immorality is not mentioned in the bible, you might as well be saying that Jesus was a demon possessed.

I never said that. I said there is too much ambiguity in the bible for someone to idly condemn another person for "sexual immorality." Many things considered sexually immoral now were not considered immoral in the OT. Moreover, i am not aware of any passage in the NT that condemns some of these common actions.

If sexual morals were different from the current morals, and if there was no change made in the NT, it would seem current morals are incorrect.

Quote:
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's correct.

If you meant "incorrect," then i agree wholeheartedly.

Quote:
If you would read your bible, I think you would see that the New Testament answers all those questions and so does the Old Testament (go read Hosea for example, or the story of David and Bathsheeba surprised ).

I have read every passage in the bible. Snide remarks implying ignorance on another's part are pathetic. I would appreciate it if you would stop making them.

My point was in regards to the difference in sexual morality now and in the OT, so i would ask you to provide evidence from the NT. Please show me where the NT condemns what Abram and Hagar did. Please show me where the NT condemns having concubines. Then, please explain why the rules changed between the two. If you can do so, then i will agree with you.

Seeing as both of your examples were from the OT, neither answer my questions. Even so, i feel i should say they are faulty analogies. Neither case involved two unmarried people. David wanted a married woman and had her husband killed to get her. That is quite different from two unmarried people having sex. Indeed, it has nothing to do with it.

(As near as i can tell, Hosea offers nothing on sexual morality, but rather on the forgiveness afterwards. As such, i see no reason to respond as i agree on the matter of forgiveness.)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:26 pm
Haven923
zz1000zz
Is that sarcasm?

Of course. I was showing the absurdity of saying a couple having sex before marriage is doing a terrible thing, while saying it is okay for Abram to have sex with a slave, instead of his wife. The justification:

Quote:
Abram had sex with Hagar because his wife wanted Abram to have a child and she sent Hagar unto him for said purpose. I'm not so sure that's considered adultery.

Is foundless and absurd.  

zz1000zz

AnimeMonkey

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:37 pm
I disagree. I think you should have waited until the wedding. Note that all of the verses say husband and wife. Not fiancee or bethrothed. Also I think it says in Leviticus that they were married by a priest. Also you don't have to have a ceremony, just sign a certificate of marriage at a local courthouse, I think! sweatdrop (hey, I'm 16. Not old enough to be married)  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff