Reply The Gaian Coliseum
Trei Vs. Torment (Round 2) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trei_Shouri

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:32 pm
Trei watches in dismay as the ashen haired man blinks away...however, the rattling of chains behind him doesn't exactly give him much time to think and react. Spinning, Trei brings Ryuujin No Chigiri around...and sees a hint of golden lightning flicker across the edge of the blade. He wasn't completely lost, after all..

With a grin, Trei charges forward...as the two ends of the chain hurtle ever closer, he whips his blade up, then down, parrying the edged end and throwing himself into a spinning dodge...as the weighted chain passes by, he hooks the chain itself with his elbow and continues to spin, wrapping the chain once around his body while his sword whips about...and, to his joy, sends an arc of golden energy hurtling towards the Ashen haired man.

Trei's not down and out just yet...

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:56 am
Torment misses the flicker of lightning across the blade, expecting that there simply be no magic left to cast or channel for the man, not knowing the blade had turned him into a metaphysical straw. Trei's parry of the bladed end sends it spiralling downward for a moment befoire it seems to rebound off an invisible plane and shoot back up. When he hooks the chain linked to the weighted end the weight seems to stop when Trei spins. The chain locks and begins wrapping around him more as it seeks to crush him, but too late for it to stop the golden arc of energy. The chain seeks out his arm as if to lock the arm and stop him from attacking and utilizing the blade. Small spines growing on the chain seem to indicate spinning or slipping from the tightening grip would be a poor choice.

Even as the bladed end leaps up to spear Trei in the back Torment is thrown off by the presense of the golden wave bearing down upon him. A burst of incarnum flares around his feet as he is thrown away from the arc of energy, but part of his wing and the bladed end of the chain are caught. [Essentia Point Used] Even in his spin mana and incarnum continue to flare, coalescing into another shatter in the air around Trei, almost breaking reality into shards around him. [Essentia Point Used] At this point he would usually be released from the "Stun," but Stage Three has begun, a near total lockdown of magic and even above average physical attributes, like a heavy blanket placed upon the being. Again, he could still act as a straw, but his physical limitation might prevent constant suckability.

When Torment finally returns to a stable position incarnum begins to rain from his being, his wings actually leaking. [Essentia Point LOST] He begins breathing hard as he calls out to Trei, "Be done with this! In a mere instant I can shatter the core of your being, while I too am in poor shape. Don't make me kill you, you show too much potential."

Statistics
Incarnum Radiance: 3
Essentia Pool: 9
CHAIN
Blurring Speed: ||||
Blinks available: 0
Soul Shatter: |||| 3 per stage.
2-(Reminder for me)

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

Trei_Shouri

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:39 pm
Trei grins at the grey one's words...now he was getting somewhere. Then again, if the guy wasn't bluffing, Trei would be in serious trouble...after all, if you destroy a spirit's form, what's left? If he stepped back now, he'd have drawn even...

No sooner than the words have entered Trei's head, he forces them back out again. One move left...he felt cocooned, as if he had been trapped in an airless bubble. His magick was there, but untouchable. His wings feel leaden, dead. His body is battered and bloody...But he ain't dead yet. His eyes dart down towards his blade, his last line of defense...One more ploy.

"Roar for me, Ryuujin..." he pours his entire will into making his blade unleash its attack, opens himself up to it entirely. As the chain wraps around it, and the spines make their presence known, Trei lets out a cry...not of pain, not of anger. Merely a cry, an announcement to the world that he is not yet down for the count...Since his arm is unable to swing, he spins his whole body around, coiling the chain further around his body as he whips his blade around again in a shallow diagonal arc, aimed straight for the ashen haired man. The result, a long crescent of cutting energy, hurtles forward to decide his destiny...

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:55 pm
Incarnum continues to rain from Torment's body and wings as the strength of his soul slowly fades into oblivion. [Essentia Point LOST] He watches the man with interest as he flows into a spin and only brings more of the chain about him. Spines leap from the chain, growing and digging into him even as the chain seemed to shrink about him, almost as if to crush him to death.

His already blurred form seems to vanish as he darts forward into the blast, and is merely gone. [Blink] A jerk on the chains reveals Torment's new location on Trei's far side, his arms brought forth as if he were going to unleash a Ki blast of some sort. Through a growing pressure upon his being and a crackle of incarnum Torment speaks with a smile, "Nice job." [Essentia Point Used] [Essentia Point Used] [Essentia Point Transfered] Tor thrusts his hands out to his sides, causing reality to shatter around Trei as the man's soul is, quite literally, shattered. Though something odd seems to occur, what looks to be a mirror breakin to a million pieces from Torment's view actually seems to hold together. Trei won't die, far from it, but he won't be in any state to fight, or do much else, for quite some time. Torment could have ripped Trei to shreds, but instead bestowed upon him a single point of Essentia through the chain, which would hold the man together like weak stitches.

Tor drops to the ground as his wings [Unshape], the rest evaporating into a cloud of incarnum that floats about him. He'd still be breathing hard as the chains pull away from Trei, leaving the man laying on the ground, literally in pieces, the effects passing into the physical based on Trei's nature. If he were squished back together he'd even look normal, save for lines that would cross him like a tatoo depicting a broken mirror. This would be little more than a cosmetic change after a week, something easily hidden.

((>.> The Essentia Point can fade after a week, if you prefer, but this way he kinda stays in one piece and if kept, can offer a boost when needed 1/day. ^_^ Well, if we're considering this continuous. >.> Cause that'd just be teh awesome. XD))  

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

Trei_Shouri

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:50 am
((dammit. just my luck, my final attack would go off just as you got your next blink.

Question, though: When you blinked, wouldn't your chain?))

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:03 am
((*smacks* Not supposed to ask questions like that. XD It occurs to me I didn't specify. My extreme lack of sleep isn't helping this predicament. Blink, under my definition, is a rapid transit using the ethereal plane for ease of transmission. So technically its not instantaneous and not a teleport, more like a ghosting. As such he'd kinda, well...drag it. >.> If that makes sense. >.> Yeah...I should have gone to sleep two and a half hours ago when I told Epitome I was going to >.<))  

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

Trei_Shouri

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:11 am
((Alright. For the sake of ease, I won't ask if my blade woulda severed the chain since it was apparently still manifest.... If only I'd made it bright instead of hazy, I coulda used a Destiny Jump to escape the first shatter...))  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:23 am
((*shrug* Yeah, but then you wouldn't have the knowledge that you have the option to employ an interesting character quirk that looks cool. XD Meh...I think I'mma try and take a nap again. >.>))  

Tacitus
Captain

Codger

The Gaian Coliseum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out