[PRP] Skittish as a hare (Stella & Hidalgo) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:59 pm
The shy tentative smile she had spread into a smile more sure of it's self. It warmed and spread through her face till it reached her eyes. It however was short lived as if it wasn't sure of it's welcome on her face. "I don't mind. I'm not what you call.." She paused for a moment "Accustomed to talking to individuals outside of my family."

She shifted slightly. She was trying to think of something to say to help make things... less awkward. She'd never been great with others. In fact she'd often hidden and allowed the rest of her family talk while she fled the scene or kept to herself. Some had even thought her simple because of the debilitating fear she had. "Is your family from this neck of the woods?" Small talk. baby steps right? It was all she could hope for in this moment in time.
SkyDragono

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:12 pm
He smiled back, seeing that she was becoming more relaxed, and he wanted to encourage that. He saw no harm in telling her about his family. He doubted she would try to go after them and hurt them for any reason.

"My family is from the deep plains, where there is nothing but grass and rolling hills for as far as the eye can see. I raced along those hills as a foal, and knew where every gopher hole, snake burrow, or snarled root was so that i didn't get myself hurt. As an adult, I ran some of those races against other younger stallions, trying to impress the mares and filly's. I have to admit I was the best, especially when it came to distance races. There were those that could take me on a short sprint, but if I put my mind to it, they couldn't even beat me then. I traveled all over these lands until I had my son, then I settled to become a father. When he showed interest in running the herd, I decided to let him, since I wanted to come out exploring again. And so, here I am."

He made a flourish with his mane, indicating all the area around.

lysia_nyteblade

SkyDragono

Dangerous Healer

12,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battery 500

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:52 pm
She nodded as he spoke about his family. It was more information that she thought she'd have gotten from the stallion to be honest. A round about life story it almost seemed. She shook her head and looked at him with an almost blank expression on her face. She'd missed something right? She was supposed to be paying attention? He'd said he had raced right? "That sounds like a very fulfilling life to me. I take it racing is something you enjoy?" It wasn't unheard of. Competitive natures could be found in many a place and individual.

"I like to run too." She shuffled as she spoke, her tone once again that shy unsure tone as she offered a little more to the conversation. She was actually amazed with herself for staying this long and talking. Usually she'd be running for the hills and screaming for her daddy to come rescue her. It had to all be exhausting on her family she thought. Perhaps they'd hidden from her this day to try and build some bravery in her? She shook the thought aside with an idle toss of her head. No, her family wouldn't abandon her. Her family had and always would be quite tight nit and supportive no matter how exhausting she could be.

SkyDragono

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:18 pm
His ears perked as he gained a little more information about her. "You like to run? That is great. I bet you're pretty fast. You have the build of a racer after all." He gave her a quick professional once-over, with a mild interest in her physical appearance. Long legs, long neck, good chest... she probably could run pretty well. He had seen many different types of racers in his time, from the lithe little racers that were small but quick, to the long-legged ones who had a single stride to his double. He considered himself pretty good at judging his competition.

"Does your family race as well?" Usually it seemed that if one was a racer, several more were racers, though occasionally the talents just went to one in the family.

lysia_nyteblade

SkyDragono

Dangerous Healer

12,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battery 500

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:24 am
She gave a small sheepish nod. "Yes.. I enjoy it about as much as I enjoy music..." She paused for a moment. "My family mostly dances to be honest." She offered him a smile. "Though my mother likes to adventure..." Her voice was still soft as thought it wasn't quiet entirely sure of it's welcome. "My sister is more like our father. High spirits and dancing, I seem to be the only one whos so... painfully shy... Running and occasionally dancing with my family is about one of the few times I feel so free to be .. me."

Awkwardly she shifted on her front hooves, first one and then the other and back again. She was trying to settle into comfort, honestly she was. She knew there'd be times in her life like this when she wouldn't always be able to just turn and run and hide in hopes that her father or sister would come and rescue her from the fears that swam in her head when strangers approached. "would you like to go for a run?" She offered the question to him. hoping she wouldn't sound too off putting of the topic. "I mean if you're not up for it it's ok.. I just thought maybe a stretch of the legs might be nice." Her head bobbled some to a tune in her own mind. Every now and again she'd be plagued by music in her mind much like she'd seen her father dancing too when there was no music to be heard.

"We could always walk along and see if there's anything else to eat near by. I'm sure there's got to be some other vegetation starting to sprout out from the ground further on." She was honestly making an effort here. Normally others would have moved on by now or even tried to pressure her into being social when she wasn't ready so that she'd run away. Often she'd been given looks that clearly mean that others saw her as something less than normal and that too frightened her more than mean words ever had. She'd heard all the mean names from 'freak' to weirdo for her silence and fear of interacting with other so that she'd nearly given up on 'normal interactions at all and yet today she was having some form of normality for herself. It was both exciting and scary to think that she was capable of interacting so with some one outside of her own comfort zone. Maybe just maybe there was still hope for her. She wouldn't be doomed to hide behind her family all the time.. well maybe not me times. After all a grown mare could hardly hide under her father's barrel like she had as a foal.

SkyDragono

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces