{PRP}Mistaken Identity?{Tove x Veslorurn} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whoan

Sparkly Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:57 pm
"When I get close to the two leggers only the small ones ever dare come close to me either," Tove quietly mused, "The larger ones look at me as a winter spirit here to bring ice and bitter cold. But I can't really do that." She laughed softly with a small toss of her antlers. Her ears perked up. Someone was coming! But Veslo said it was his mate. She waited with a good amount of tension. Would she be driven out for being a spirit? Or female? Or....

The mare that came in was a colder blue than Veslo's fiery red to Tove's surprise. It automatically made her feel more comfortable about the newcomer since she enjoyed the more winter palette due to it making her feel more at home. And the mare also had the faces that adorned Velso's pelt but more...friendly and less frightening.

"Oh hello!" Tove squeaked with a shallow bow of her tined head, "Your mate found me among the graves. I am called Tove...I came here with the snow..."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:14 pm
Whoan

He didn't totally understand two-legger logic. Each group had their superstitions. Despite having no evidence that Veslo was spooky or that Tove was winter incarnate, but belief was powerful. He didn't feel the need to mingle with two-leggers and they were content to let him remain here where they felt he belonged.

The blood paint stallion looked toward the doorway until the branches were pushed aside and a familiar pale blue head poked in. It was his mate as expected. Not many came to the graveyard, and fewer still knew right were the door was. Although in winter it was a little more obvious with the hoof prints in the snow. He rose to his feet to greet his mate.

"Charn, welcome home. Come in, we have a visitor." Veslo stepped across the short space to cross necks with the blue mare then stepped back into his place so there would be enough room for all. "Charn, this is Tove. Tove this is my mate Charnette."

Charnette perked up her ears as the new mare greeted her. She looked like a delicate snow statue they might make. She greeted her mate then settled in as he made room. Her head bobbed with the introductions. "That's not unusual. He finds much between the stones. It's a pleasure to have company however you managed to get here. Will you be staying awhile?"

She gave a soft laugh. Her nature went toward innocent pranks. However, the pair had come to an agreement that no pranks were to happen in the house or around the graveyard. Thus she had to venture out for her fun. That was alright as it gave her more opportunities to run into someone.

magnadearel

Whoan

Sparkly Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:06 pm
Tove's delicate icy wings gave a small shivering flutter as the tension eased out of her. She was not about to be tossed out. She smiled softly.

"I am not sure about staying for a long time. I get restless," the deer admitted quietly, "But I feel welcome here so even if I leave I will most likely return if I may? But for now...I will stay for a moment more." She did feel welcome here by Veslo and now his mate. She grew quiet for a moment, deep in her thoughts. Her ears lolled backwards as she puled together her memory.

"Things I have seen...." she muttered in a small voice, "I have seen the spirits of light wrap rainbows in the polar night! Danced with winter foxes in the glitter the sun makes across the snow. Ran with a flock of snow geese, though I don't think they enjoyed it as much as I did. Just...simple beautiful things. Like meeting both of you!" She gave a shallow nod of her head, one of the icicles clinging to the tines falling free. Sheepishly, she used her nose to scoot it aside.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:55 am
Whoan
Sorry for the wait!

Veslo tossed his head to move the lock of crimson and black mane that tended to fall over his eye. He smiled reassuringly. "That's alright. There's plenty who travel. You'll always be welcomed here any time you wish to stop by." It was nice to have someone new to talk to. "I look forward to hearing about your new travels next time." That would be certainly something to look forward to. Despite probably involving snow.

He listened with interest. The only lights he had seen in the skies were the stars. She spoke as if these lights actually moved. What a sight that must be! "Those sound wonderful Tove! I only wish I could have seen them the way you did. Surely my imagination doesn't do them justice." He laughed and would have blushed if his pelt had let him. "It's been a pleasure to meet you as well." He chuckled softly as an icicle fell from her horns. "Does that happen often?"

Charnette found enough room and settled down. Her tail flicking around her flanks to stay out of the way. It was tight, but doable for three. If her mate wanted to start keeping company more frequently, then they'd have to think about expanding. She liked it cozy, and she knew he was afraid of skinwalkers finding them if they made it too obvious.

Her attention was pulled back as the doe started talking. Curiously she listened to the things she described. Would it be possible to do that sort of thing as a prank? It would require thought and some trial and error! She laughed at the geese part. Few birds appreciated being ran with. "I do hope you'll come back to visit someday."

magnadearel

Whoan

Sparkly Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:54 pm
"It sometimes happens when I get a bit warm. When I go back outside into the cold it will come back.They always do," Tove chuckled. She reached back to n** at an itch she had on her flank careful not to mess her handprint markings. She was so comfortable here among her new friends. But something was bugging her.

"You mistook me as a ghost that was made by a...skinwalker? Um...what is a skinwalker?" she quietly asked. She did not know for she had never encountered one.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:02 pm
Whoan

Veslo hadn't thought it was that warm in here, but perhaps it was enough. "I'm glad you didn't loose it permanently." He chuckled. Following the cold as she did, he didn't doubt she got them frequently. He only hoped they weren't too heavy. The stallion stiffened as she brought up skinwalkers. Not his favorite subject but something that needed to be spoken about, and the dangers there of.

"A skinwalker is a soq who is evil. Pure evil. They wear the pelt of another animal and can assume the shape of that pelt. A wolf pelt turns into a wolf, a coyote into a coyote, an owl into a owl. They are devious and never to be trusted." To say he felt strongly about this was an understatement. "If you ever see one, run."

Charnette winced as she unknowingly hit a tender subject with her mate. It wasn't her fault that she didn't know. Maybe the snow kept the skinwalkers at bay. Tove was lucky she hadn't encountered them before now, and she'd be forewarned now. She let her mate go into his well rehearsed talk and warning about skinwalkers. They were really ghastly creatures.

magnadearel

Whoan

Sparkly Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:22 pm
Tove saw the stallion go rigid right before his lecture on skinwalkers. She met Charette's gaze, scared and apologetic. Her tail stood on end, a deerlike sign of danger, and her ears went back. A soq that turned into an animal of whose skin they wore!? Terrible!

"They sound like monsters," she quietly murmured as Veslo finished. She normally took a friend before foe stance on those she met and who dared talk to her, but now...she was afraid. What if she had been tricked already? She didn't even notice her own shivering past her jumbled thoughts.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Whoan
Very sorry for the very late reply!

Veslo came out of his lecture and realized he might have seriously frightened the icy mare. He didn't like or enjoy doing it, but if she was going to be roaming in these parts she definitely needed to be aware of it! "They are indeed. They hunt the innocent for sport! They kill just to kill."
So many of his haunting spirits simply had had the bad luck of running into a creature they couldn't get away from. He would rather have no more showing up to haunt him, let alone an innocent mare like Tove.

Charnette could see the danger signs her mate's warning had produced in her fellow mare. She made some soothing sounds as she shot a fierce glare at her mate. Sometimes she felt he took it a bit too far. "You may relax Tove," she said soothingly. "We haven't had a skinwalker in these parts for some time." Veslo was always on the look out for signs and he hadn't mentioned seeing any recently. "You should be safe while your here."

magnadearel

Whoan

Sparkly Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:19 pm
Tove shivered once more before settling back down. Her wings hugged against her sides tightly giving her coat a frosty looking sheen. She stared at both the soq in turn absorbing their details. She felt safe here.

"Thank you for teaching me," she quietly murmured, "And thank you for taking me in. I owe you a great debt. I wish...I wish I had a family such as this. Maybe then I would not be so lost." She laughed lightly. She barely remembered her family. But she did have a mother and a brother. Maybe? She remembered the scent of spruce and melting snow. A deep voice assuring her. Like Char and Veslo were now.

"I feel safe again," she chuckled with a bright smile.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:07 pm
Whoan

Veslo wilted slightly under the glare of his mate. He let his ears flick back and drooped his head. Sometimes he got too passionate and could get carried away. Clearly Tove wasn't a mare who'd go looking for trouble or romanticize that skinwalkers could be anything but evil. "Yes. Charnette is correct. We keep a pretty good watch in our area. You shouldn't have to worry here." He smiled soothingly at her.

"Not at all Tove! It's been our pleasure to have you visit. No debt is owe. You are always welcomed to visit any time you care to." Veslo smiled again. "I'm sure it's hard to meet others when you only travel in the cold. Many tend to hibernate during the deepest winter. If you think you could tolerate it, I'd suggest trying to stay through spring."

Charnette flicked her tail to show she was still annoyed with him. "Anything we can do for a new friend. I'd love you to visit again. Maybe next time I'll get to show you around more!" She nodded, "I don't know much about my family either. That's alright though as I have Veslo. Someday we'll start a family of our own."

"Oh you must come back and visit some time Tove! Please say you will!"

magnadearel

Whoan

Sparkly Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:23 pm
"I will be in and out until the cold moves away from here. I think I can stomach spring but summer is too hot," she chuckled. Rising to her feet she glanced back at them with a grin.

"Thank you again. I will take what you have taught me and be safe. And I will be back. I promise," she stated with a small flutter of her frosty wings. She ducked her head careful not to get stuck in the trees with her antlers. As she walked back into the welcoming cold, she did her best to memorize where the entrance was. As she returned among the graves, she gave a small buck using her wings to stay airborne for a moment before prancing off back into the snow flurry.

magnadearel
Fin?
[  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:48 pm
Whoan
Fin!

Veslo nodded. "We look forward to seeing you again. Take care Tove." He watched the mare quickly make her way out. If nothing else, he knew he'd warned her. It would be quiet without her.

Charnette smiled as the mare made her exit. "We do look forward to the next time. You'll always be welcomed here."

magnadearel

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces