Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:54 pm
Zatarra nodded then thought better. "You're right. Okay, I'm ready." He focused in on her, trying to look at her through the haze of pain. There were snowflakes falling around her and landing in her hair. Her heat was melting them as fast as they landed. She was like a snowflake herself.

Warmth spread through his leg and at the same time in his chest. The pain abated a little in his leg, but even as the heat faded away from his injury--the heat in his chest did not. There was something warm and alive there that had nothing to do with healing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:08 am
Xara heard him say he was ready, before she concentrated on him and dulling the pain he was in. She felt a warmth from her horn and she worked on directing it towards him, she could only hope it would work. In the silence, she worked for a few moments, before she felt she had done all she could. The glow of her horn subsided and she turned her ears to where she knew he lay. She sent a silent prayer up to the heavens, hoping it had worked, that she had been able to help him.

"Okay, I think I am done with decreasing the pain, how do you feel? I have never healed anyone before, I was going from what I remember my mom teaching me when I was little. Also, on the hope I could help you in some way,"she admitted.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:32 am
Zatarra tested moving the upper part of his leg just a little, it hurt less. "The swelling is down. I-think with some help I can stand. You-you did good." He reached out and nudge her gently with his nose. "So we splint it now and then," He grimmaced. "Then it's go time? I have to try to stand?" He tried to sound brave but his bravery was wearing a bit thin.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:39 am
Xara let out a breath that she didn't know she was holding when she heard him say that the swelling was down. She felt her cheeks heat up as he gently nudged her, telling her how good she had done. Her heart picked up speed in her chest, what was it about this stallion that made her feel this way? Then when he spoke again, she could tell by the falter in his voice he was scared, though he tried to cover it. She reached over to where she had heard him speak, trying to find his face. Then she gently nuzzled what she could only hope was his muzzle.

"It is alright, we will do this together, okay? We are not alone, we can help each other out. You don't have to always be brave around me,"she told him gently. No, she was not going to leave him alone, she would get him out of here.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:20 pm
Zatarra could feel the heat flood his cheeks as she pressed her muzzle up against his. All thoughts of word turned to dust in his mouth and blew away in the winter wind. He leaned on her and tried to recover. "No, don't leave me." He settled his leg a little more. "There's a cave not far. We can wait out the snowstorm there. There are some supplies there from last time I came through." He took a deep breath, trying to forget the pain. "Is that okay with you?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:45 pm
Xara felt a little warmer as he leaned against her, though she stayed close so he could use her for support. When he requested that she not leave him, her heart practically sank a little, she wouldn't do that. Then she listened as he explained about a cave not far from here, which had some supplies they could use. Alright, that sounded like their best bet, they could hole up there until the storm died down enough for them to travel again. She could only hope that the stuff would hold them over until they could leave the cave.

"A cave sounds like a safe place to go. You are going to need to guide me, I am not familiar with anything out here at all. Should we get what we need to make a splint for you first? If so, let me know if you see anything like that around us. Also, I have no intention of leaving you,"she assured as gently as she could muster. The cold was starting to be a bit for the mare, but she was trying to keep her wits about her.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:57 pm
Zatarra scanned the ground and found a sturdy looking branch. "There's a branch to the right. If we can get that we can might make it to the cave before we bandage it. It's getting bitterly cold." He stumbled along with her, his body feeling heavier as they went. "It's just ahead on the right about twenty more paces. Then we can work on getting warm." The last thing they needed was frostbite. "Thank you," he whispered almost imperceptibly into her hair. He had come to save a stranger only to find one saving him in return.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:08 pm
Xara lowered her head gracefully and felt around with her muzzle for the branch he had mentioned. Once she had found it, she lifted it gingerly picked it up in her teeth and picked her head back up. When she heard the cave was not far, she gave a soft nod, to let him know. She could tell by how he was leaning on her that he was barely able to keep himself up much longer. She began to count the paces in her head as they continued walking in the direction he had indicated. She had just gotten to fifteen count, when his thank you reached her ears.

"Weltcomb"she replied in a muffled voice. The stick in her mouth didn't allow for clear speaking right now. She could only hope that he would understand her saying 'welcome.' Then she picked up on her counting again to get to safety.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:35 pm
He smiled through the pain at her sweet welcome, before his eyes were drawn to the dark arch of trees. The cave was set a few feet back in the trees and was rather warmer than most caves. But perhaps the best feature was the small hot spring that was in the cave. The cave itself wasn't overly big, enough for a small group to settle into with only the one opening but in the middle of the cave there was a hot spring that seemed to warm the whole room better than any fire.

"We'll be warm soon," Zatarra could feel his legs giving out from under him but they were only a step or two away. "Right here, through these trees. When las-last I was here, I left enough dried goods for a few days and I've some in my back. Hopefully the storm doesn't last that long."

He tried to help lead her into the cave, stumbling as he was. Then suddenly his head was in the mouth of the cave and the warm blast of air warmed his frozen skin. He couldn't help but smile. "Feel it?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:47 pm
Xara heard him mention that they would be warm soon, she certainly hoped so. Her brain tried to think of how they would manage to stay warm, hoping they wouldn't have to build a fire. The thought of it sent a shiver through her, images of that fire that had taken her sight from her dancing in her head. She fought through those thoughts, quickly reminded of the pain her companion was in when his voice began to tremble a little. She walked with him as best as she could, knowing he would have to lead her. Okay, so they would have food for at least a few days, she hoped the storm wouldn't last that long either. She followed his movements as best as she could, while providing him as much support as she was capable of. Then a great warmth seemed to surround her and she let out a sigh of relief.

"Dat ells arm,"she mumbled through the branch. She also noticed how it wasn't as bright as before, so they must have come to the cave. She wondered how it was so warm in here, though she was sure her nose picked up on a wet smell.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:11 am
Zatarra laughed lightly at the expression on her face as he steered her around the open pool in the middle. "It's a spring, a hot spring. Smells a little like...eggs." He wrinkled his own nose as he barely kept himself from collapsing in the corner. Outside the wind picked up it's howling. "It seems we made it just in time."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:21 am
Xara's ears flicked in his direction hearing the laughter, then she heard him explain it was a hot springs. Oh, well that certainly explained the warmth already in this cave and the smell. She let him carefully lead her around it, which she was grateful for, she didn't want to take an unexpected swim. She felt him wobble next to her, so she tried to help him get to a place to lay down. Her own ears were picking up on the awful racket the wind was making outside as she put the piece of wood down on the ground as carefully as she could.

"Yes, it would certainly seem that way. Alright, let's patch you up, since we are nice and warm in there. Then we can decide what to do from there,"she suggested. The storm out there sounded terrible, she could only hope it didn't stay too long.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas