Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[TribeORP] BIRDBIRDFISH :: Win Kin&Pets @Grand Spring Show! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:20 am
EVENT OPEN! Feel free to prod Madding Crow (me), Wildering Dove (Jun) or Leaping Fish (Ruri) for RP - but if you want more coherent conversation, Leaping Fish is probably most suitable...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:09 am
PET PREFERENCE LIST
[ mantis / mongoose / lemur / caveworm / bunny ]

KIN PREFERENCE LIST
[ leaf zikwa / mongoose acha/ smoothback buck / garter doe / stitchgirl doe ]

WALK WALK FASHION BABY
Name of Kin: Zikwa- To The Untrained Eye
Division: Designer
Brief Character Bio: To The Untrained Eye is silent. Contemplative. He doesn't bother talking for the sake of smalltalk, and devotes himself completely to his craft. Has a hard time taking 'no' for an answer on a kin he wants to model. Not smiling is the new sexy, and Untrained Eye makes sullen work. What a tortured artist!
Artist's Statement: While there's beauty in simplicity, this may be taking fashion to a new low. Sure, it's a nice leaf... but it's a leaf. I'm questioning your level of taste. -- Lies are Beautiful.
Would you like to be considered for the contest pets? Yes  

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:50 am
KIN PREFERENCE LIST
[ mongoose acha / moth toto/ leaf zikwa / blueboy buck / stichgirl doe ]

PET PREFERENCE LIST
[ caveworm / mantis / mongoose / lemur / bunny ]

WALK WALK FASHION BABY
Name of Kin: Floating World (Acha)
Division: Model
Brief Character Bio: Handsome- boy does he know it- and graceful, Floating World lives in a half-lidded dreamland where all is gorgeous. A perfectionist, he is willing to stand for long hours if it means that his designer dresses and decorates him properly. This is where his patience ends; in most of his interactions, he is impulsive and novelty-seeking. He hates being bored.
Artist's Statement: "My body is no mere canvas; while others may adorn it, it shines on its own. I work in tandem with the design; what I do is not passive wearing, but active elevation. Their art would be nothing without me, and I would be lesser were it not for them."
Would you like to be considered for the contest pets? god yes

WALK WALK FASHION BABY
Name of Kin: Strike It Down (Toma)
Division: Critic (primary) who dabbles in modeling
Brief Character Bio: Disdainful as a cat, harsh as a winter, Strike is a stern Totoma who delights in the outlandish, the innovative, the new. If it's not pushing the boundaries of what's acceptable, then it's unacceptable in his eyes. While known to be softer and have a nurturing hand towards budding designers, his gaze can wither the bright blossoms. Unless, of course, he likes what you've done- and he is known to appreciate the cutting edge- in which case he will do everything in his power to promote your designs, even modelling them for you if that's what it comes down to.
Artist's Statement: "Criticism is an art. It is only by the cultivation of the habit of aesthetic criticism that we are able to rise superior. That unfortunate appearance which would otherwise flourish due to silly whims is put rightfully asunder by the critic's tongue."

WALK WALK FASHION BABY
Name of Kin: Cat Walk (Zikwa)
Division: Model who dabbles in criticism (if only for the fact that she's so darned picky)
Brief Character Bio: Incredibly picky but sweet as can be, Cat Walk is infamous for rejecting nearly every design she's asked to wear. Her choices are as mystifying as they are particular; sometimes she's only happy wearing swan wings and spidersilk, other times she's happy wearing... leaves. But her rejections are always so kind, it's almost difficult to get frustrated with her.
Artist's Statement: "Anybody can be a model, if they're willing to take the time to choose the right look; there's so much the designers put out that you just have to have a discerning eye, my dear."
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:53 am
WHAT IS THIS A TRIBE FOR ANTS
Name of Kin: StitchGirl - So Hard To See
Brief Character Bio: Good Looking, as she goes by (it's a terrible joke with her friends), is cheery and upright. She's terribly nervous around all these super-serious fashion kin, and there's just a bit of tension bubbling below the surface on being criticized. Nonetheless, she keeps her chin up, and tries her hardest to be a desirable model.
The Look:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TROUNCE AND FLOUNCE

Would you like to be considered for the contest pets? Yes!  

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:11 pm
Name of Kin: Be Dazzled (Blueboy)
Brief Character Bio: Driven, intense, focused- and totally stage-shy, Dazzled is a designer who favors minimalistic lines and elegant sweeping shapes that highlight the kin who's wearing them. His models aren't interchangeable; his looks aren't worn twice; but when he's finished something for you, you know it's for you and nobody else. He is a methodical worker who always gets the job done, but he's very persnickety about assistance and is known to stay up long hours to finish a piece after he's rejected all help.
The Look:

KUDZU

Name of Kin: Flounce (Stitchgirl)
Division: Critic
Brief Character Bio: Flounce's tongue is so sharp, you don't realize the criticism she's given you was actually super constructive and useful until after you've wandered away to lick your wounds. She seems to delight in the deconstruction- or maybe just the destruction- of your hard work and ideas.
The Look:

SMUG LEAF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:53 pm
KIN PREFERENCE LIST
[Stichgirl Doe / Garter Doe / Leaf Zikwa / Blueboy Buck ]

Name of Kin: It's Like Magic [Stitchgirl]
Brief Character Bio: Magic is a quiet and shy lady... until she's on stage! While her normal life is full of stammers, awkward hoof taps, and shy squeaks, Magic seems to flourish when she is called over to adorn accessories. She prides herself in being able to show the hard work of the Designers, and the wave of anxiety that usually follows her daily dissipates until the accessories are removed and she's left with only herself to gaze at. She's a hard worker, and learns quickly despite her believing she doesn't. The doe believes modeling is magical, and that anyone lucky enough to do it turn into something incredible while performing.
The Look:
User Image

SHEER DETERMINATION

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:35 pm
PET PREFERENCE LIST
[ Mongoose / Caveworm / Lemur / Bunny / Mantis ]  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:22 am

[Leaping Fish is available for interaction!]

The crowd rumbled with anticipation.

It wouldn’t long now until the first of the models made their appearance, strutting down the stage, dressed in the finest designs Bird Bird Fish had to offer.

Leaping Fish was certain she would fly away at any moment, carried on the wings of the butterflies currently living in her stomach. She was a whirl of motion backstage, prodding models into place and putting on the finishing touches to her marvellous designs, including one stalwart Totoma who had been coated head to toe in mud.

"This is so exciting!" She exclaimed whenever she rushed past either Dove or Crow, before disappearing back into the mix.

There was also, "I’m borrowing this!" as she appropriated one of Crow’s vines.

And, "Don’t let him touch your hair! I’m doing your hair!" when she stopped to plant a kiss to Dove’s cheek.

Every now and then she simply stopped what she was doing and danced, a quick whirl of motion, the flow of her tail and a smile that rivaled the sun.

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:46 am
Such an awesome event! -rolllsss-

PET PREFERENCE LIST
[ caveworm / mongoose / lemur -Reroll-]

Name of Kin: A Stitch in Time [Stitchgirl]
Brief Character Bio: Eyes on the prize and detail oriented. A serioius, fabulous designer who looses her mind if even a single hair is out of place. She demands perfection, elegance, a good strut! Don't ever think she isn't watching, because she's always watching, always.
The Look:
User Image

EYES ON THE PRIZE

Name of Kin: Walk-Off [Blueboy]
Brief Character Bio: Always happy to show off, fake serious, not the brightest star in the sky, even though he believes he is. Walk-Off is always happy to take the runway. He has absolute confidence in himself.
The Look:
User Image

REALLY REALLY GOOD LOOKING.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:53 am
KIN PREFERENCE LIST
[ mongoose acha / leaf zikwa / moth toto / garter doe]

PET PREFERENCE LIST
[ caveworm / lemur / mongoose / mantis / bunny]

WALK WALK FASHION BABY
Name of Kin: cliff-walker [Totoma]
Brief Character Bio: Terse and stern, cliff-walker doesn't care much for words. When a model or designer walks before him, hoping for approval, he lets his silence do the talking. Any kin that breaks under the pressure isn't worth his time. Kin who warrant a nod, now there's approval. But words? Unheard of. Only those who truly impress him will hear him speak.
Artist's Statement: "There is beauty in fear, yes? The moth wears eyes on its wings to scare off predators. Thus he wears their wings to intimidate all." (cliff-walker is not the designer)

WALK WALK FASHION BABY
Name of Kin: leaves-no-footsteps[Acha]
Brief Character Bio: Always looking to impress, leaves-no-footsteps no only feels comfortable when all eyes are on him. He only hopes no one notices his insecurities, as he spends hours practicing every hair flip and heel turn.
Artist's Statement: "Death, power, beauty. I want this Acha to look like an apex predator. What-..? No I don't care what he's actually like. That's the beauty of fashion. I can make turn him into anything." (leaves-no-footsteps is not the designer)

WALK WALK FASHION BABY
Name of Kin: summit dreamer [Zikwa]
Brief Character Bio: Delusions of grandeur is one way to put it. Summit dreamer believes she is the best at what she does, even if all she did was put a leaf on her back and called it 'fashion'. The odd thing is, people agree with her.
Artist's Statement: "Sweetheart, I invented the leaf."

YOU OWN EVERYTHING
Name of Kin: dewglint [Garter]
Brief Character Bio: Young and ambitious, dewglint will believe and do whatever she is told. Put this on? Yes ma'am. Pose like that? Yes, sir! She wants nothing more than to be a breathtaking model.
Proof of Concept:
Translucent moth wings like crystals, glinting in the shafts of light spilling into this glade. They took hours to apply, hours of her sitting painfully still. HOURS. But the results are ethereal, the shimmering wings that adorn her entirely making her look like a being from a dream. She wonders how long she'll have to sit like this..."Can I....move now?" she mutters through a grimace.

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

Zaikt

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:39 pm
KIN PREFERENCE LIST
Leaf Zikwa - Blueboy Buck

WALK WALK FASHION BABY
Name of Kin: Dressed in Dusk [Zikwa]
Division: Model.
Brief Character Bio: Quiet and patient, Dressed in Dusk is a model of good repute to most--his temperament insures that he's made a decent name for himself through his ability to endure just about anything the designers can throw at him. It doesn't matter if it's some sort of briar-thorn scarf or a face mask constructed of dust and cobwebs, he'll sit through it without complaint.
That comes after the show. Professionalism is important, after all, and Dusk has no intentions of ruining his reputation by saying the wrong thing to the wrong person.
Artist's Statement: The simplicity of nature, conveyed elegantly through the tasteful draping of a forest leaf and a bright flash of bird's feathers--these materials combine to portray a more delicate side of the world we live in, displayed in something light and fleeting in order to evoke a sense of almost longing and delight for having seen such a brief spectacle. Dusk is not the designer, but he's fond of the theme nonetheless.
Would you like to be considered for the contest pets? Yes.

Name of Kin: Cold Gaze [Blueboy]
Brief Character Bio: With a tongue as sharp as thorns and a stubborn streak a mile wide, Cold Gaze is a judgmental and terse buck who rarely has anything strictly 'pleasant' to say. He's quick to snark and hard to shake from his first impression of others--beyond that, he's the king of unpleasant gossip, and the numerous others who've earned his displeasure are bound to be on the receiving end of such talk.
The Look:

THE TANTALIZER.

Would you like to be considered for the contest pets? Yes.

PET PREFERENCE LIST
Caveworm - Mongoose - Mantis - Lemur - Bunny  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:56 am
KIN PREFERENCE LIST
[ mongoose acha / moth toto / garter doe ]

PET PREFERENCE LIST
[ mongoose / caveworm /mantis / lemur / bunny ]

WALK WALK FASHION BABY
Name of Kin: I Speak, You Listen [Acha]
Division: Critic [Designer]
Brief Character Bio: I Speak is certain of his correctness. His sense of fashion is impecable, he would say. So much so that he has been known to take over, hip-checking a designer out of the way to finish an outfit or make a change. Not the easiest to get along with, he isn't someone with many true friends. But those that take the time see he is simply dedicated and obivious. He doesn't mean to hurt anyone (emotionally or otherwise) and has been found of multiple occations tucked away with a new designer to offer them one on one advice before their creations hit the show floor.
Artist's Statement: "If you would simply listen, darling, you'd look this good too." - I Speak, You Listen
Would you like to be considered for the contest pets? Yes please!

WALK WALK FASHION BABY
Name of Kin: Fear no Changes [Totoma]
Division: Model [None]
Brief Character Bio: Changes enjoys the challenges of being a model. The constent stress of deadlines, the harsh words of overworked models and ornery critics, all these combine to make modeling not only emotionally trying but also physically demanding. To him, this is a true test of strength of will and is the mark of his strength. No matter the outfit or accessory presented before him, no matter how long it will take to assemble, Changes is up to it. He is also not... the most intelligent. While he would never admit it, many things go over his head. As such he isn't likely to talk very much, prefering to answer simply with "yes" or "no" as needed, least he say somthing stupid among the others.
Artist's Statement: "I stand tall to support those weaker then myself by supporting their work." - Fear no Changes
Would you like to be considered for the contest pets? Yes please

YOU OWN EVERYTHING
Name of Kin: I Lie [Garter]
Brief Character Bio: I Lie is a kind, comforting face to those who are budding designers. A soft smile, a gentle word, and you will always leave feeling good about yourself. However she is critical of mistakes and while she may speak softly, she will never let even the smallest thing pass by her. Challenge her, or say she is incorrect in her assessment, and I Lie transforms from a kind soul to a demon. It is not unheard of for her to storm off in the middle of a show, angered by a comment.
Proof of Concept:
{The Kin is wearing this years fall leaves, carefully preserved in tree sap for durability and sheen. Spider silk acts as the glue, knitting the leaves together into a loose shawl.}

"Oh dear, how sweet. The colors and the shine work very well together. Nice use of sap, unusual, but nice. I would have used something other then spider silk however. Look where the bonds are weakening as she moves. This is impractical for daily wear, and tedeious for formal events. Oh but don't be dishartened. It has much potential. Please do try again... I am sure next time will be much improved."

Would you like to be considered for the contest pets? Yes please  

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

phoenix kiss
Crew

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:54 pm
WALK WALK FASHION BABY
Name of Kin: Groundbreak - acha
Brief Character Bio: A bit snippy and prone to speaking before he's gotten all the information or a chance to digest it, Groundbreak is a pretty talented critic with an eye for fashion -- .. when he can have a moment to think out his responses before he lets them loose. He's only made himself a few enemies, though, his natural gregariousness (and quick hooves) have served him well. Ultimately, Groundbreak has a bit of a gooey center, though it's covered in only the finest and hardest layers of ego available.
Artist's Statement: "Florals, for spring? Groundbreaking. Bird Bird Fish have chosen to represent the cycle of ongoing life and death through nods to both the mating dances of the mongoose -- here artfully arranged on my back, though I assure you," the acha nods with a wink that's only a little bit less than subtle, "no mongoose were harmed in the making of this fashion. The nod to life," he adds, realizing what that must make the poor mongoose, "are some carefully cultivated micro-greens taken from sustainably sourced gardens in the swamp."
Would you like to be considered for the contest pets? Yes, please  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:55 pm
YOU OWN EVERYTHING
Name of Kin: Sincerely [Garter]
Brief Character Bio: Sincerely is honest, genuine, a touch shy, and gentle. Yet, she doesn't allow others to walk over her, quick to correct ill-behavior and establish she isn't a doormat with quiet but stern words. Sincerely loves to model, mostly because it's her way of thanking the creator of what she adorns and doing her part to ensure the world sees the art they've created. She isn't artistically talented, though she wishes she were. She admires those who have the talent she lacks, and would do anything to promote their art.
Proof of Concept:
Sincerely flashed a soft smile as she was gracefully decorated, shaking her head at the offer to rest herself before the big event started. Suddenly, her name was called and she detached herself from the working hooves, politely thanking them and flicking her tail nervously behind her before sauntering down the path, head held up.

Her body was, gently, covered in a lace-like spider silk, casting intricate shapes across her soft-colored body. A single flower was tucked behind her ear, the stem poking uncomfortably against her skull as she walked. She didn't care. This was her moment, and she would shine as beautiful as the spider-silk that adorned her. Each step she took was careful, heading the warning to move slowly, lest she destroy the hard work of the creature that had helped dress her. It had, truthfully, been an adventure when the spider spun meticulously on her, a brief fear had surfaced before it was replaced with awe at the beauty of the action. Whether or not she made it through this event, she'd never forget the sun hitting the silk, casting a brief rainbow that sparkled at just the right spots.

She reached the end of the path, tilting her body and extending her neck so she could be examined one last time before gracefully turning back to where she had come from. She'd done it, right? She did alright.... right?

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:03 pm
WALK WALK FASHION BABY
Name of Kin: Simplicity [Zikwa]
Division: Designer (Model is their secondary)
Brief Character Bio: Simplicity takes things slow and calm. They seem absent, voice lost and soft as they go through life with a haze in their eyes. Little do those around them know, Simplicity is simply absorbing the world. Every sound, every movement, every sight they drink in eagerly, tucking away the feeling of it all for the next design they come across. Their work is inspired by the world itself, and often, if asked, Simplicity will give a short response into what their art means that, usually, makes no sense to anyone but them. That's fine, though. Simplicity enjoys what they do, and they are pleased knowing they've been chosen to continue on their strange and pleasant life within the tribe.

Sometimes, they'll model their own work! Usually this only happens when they feel they need to share what they've done in an exact method.
Artist's Statement: "How one can bloom, even when they are like all the others. One dash of color is enough to catch the eye, no matter how small it may be." They mused, head raising as they eyed their own work on their own body before slipping away.
Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff