Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Archives
Winter Giftswap 2015 Appreciation & Thank You Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:44 pm
Apologies in advance for the potato quality jpegs - all I have to take pics with right now is my 3DS!

The past week has been a flurry of action for me. Baking, shopping, baking, event setup, baking, coloring, baking, visiting friends and family, baking, waiting waiting WAITING for people to be able to drive me places... did I mention baking? Naturally, I had other things on my mind when my grandmother called to me from the bottom of the stairs.

"Conny! You've got a package! It looks like it's from that secret exchange thingy!"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And it certainly did! Aside from the official postage stickers, there were cute christmassy ones for the addresses. To, Corn. From - ?!?!

Moonstone Dazzle

YOU SNEAKY SO AND SO. We've been casually talking about the secret santa (among other things) on AIM, and this whole time... ! IT'S YOU. A secret nicely kept.

Theatrics aside, let's get to the good part - the contents of the package!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Cracking this box open released all kinds of delicious smells, and between the sender and the shape of the presents inside, I could hazard a guess at at least some of the contents. We'll get back to those later, though! As is only proper when receiving a present, I read the card first.

"Especially for you...
... because you're special."

And, boy, do I feel it when I read the note inside the card. There's nothing that'll make me a sappy, mushy, sentimental mess faster than hearing that I've made someone's day better with just me bein' me, so every time I open it I get a little misty-eyed. (And I keep opening it again as I write this, so I'm sort of seesawing on the edge of tears this whole time, haha.)

The first physical treasure, rather than a treasure of the heart, were these three bundles -

Aha, the source of all the delicious aromas. Three bags of tea!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They smell, respectively, like 1. strawberry candy, 2. actual strawberries, and 3. cinnamon rolls (too good for this world, too pure). I've tried the one in the middle before, but I've gotta brew a cup of the other two posthaste! The chai first, I think >:3c

Naturally, I gravitated to the candies next - a delicious little selection, by now devoured. emotion_omnomnom I really liked the snack mix! The cereal pieces really made it.

But, even after all this, there was still something in the box.

And hadn't the card mentioned...

an amethyst... ?

Sub-box box contents: one (1) (numeral one) amethyst point, on a very pretty chain; good for emotional healing, sun-charged and ready to go. It hangs from my desk lamp for now, my neck being several sizes too large for this chain, but maybe I'll keep it there - a reminder of a dear friend, and the love we share. It may be that it's working already.

From start to finish, this was a wonderful package to receive and open and fawn over! Thank you so much, Moon.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:29 pm
SilverShieldwolf

I got a box!

User Image
(Pictured: a box)

A box that contained things!

User Image
(Pictured: a sampling of things, ft. a hint that I should give drawing on paper a shot sometime.)

Some of them were SHINY. In SEVERAL SHADES.

User Image User Image
(Pictured: flashing shiny)

Thank for things! emotion_yatta  

abkvs
Crew

Trash Vampire

elvyralani
Crew

Fashionable Rabbit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:34 pm
I got my box today!
Thank you so much blinded, I really really love everything!!

Blinded By Silence

I'll start small first.
Omg thank you for the bouncy balls! These are going right into my collection and omg the bulbasaur one! I feel so honored that you passed it on to me <3333
User Image

Also turtle, thank you for this lovely guy too, he will be treasured <3 I was informed his name is Franchesca!
User Image

Guys, blinded made me the cutest little bunny head things aka Tibbits.
User Image

Also look at the other bunnies blinded got me! These two are adorable, its a mom and her baby.
User Image

Last but certainly not least, this amazing paper art of Highgarden!!! Wow, like, this is just so cool. I really like how its made from paper and finished off all nicely!
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:52 am
AH GOODNESS This was such a great surprise *u*

abbacus

First, I opened it and there were these beautiful necklaces! The turquoise one i've already used and adored. <3
User Image

And then an infinity scarf -- I love scarves, I have 2389028 infinity scarves and always want more. and this was in a beautiful teal too! FAVE COLOUR /TEAR/ and I will use it forever.
User Image

AND THEN.. /WHEEZES

User Image

SERIOUSLY THOUGH. LANDSLIDE. STOP LOOKING LIKE THAT. I AM FEELING THINGS.
He is gorgeous and I love him seriously, his hair, that wild look hnnnnnnn I have abbs art and I am SO happy OVO <3333333
Thank you abbs! SO MUCH. heart  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Maxx D
Crew

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:30 am
I went to check the mail today (after having lost my keys for like 10 minutes and finding that I'd left them in my pants) and I pulled this sturdily sealed plastic envelope out and thought half of this is in French

and then I was like Canadaland

and then when I scampered up to show Jun and we opened it to see a purple plush - a Deviling, we were like IT'S BEARIC PAL
AND THAT'S NOT ALL

We don't even know where you find Deviling plushies??? It's incredible! We never got RO plushies here and we love the Poring variants so much!
And ugh those adorable keychain/hangers that came with the note: "I made the 3 of us!" on a bear post-it (the entire thing was littered with bear post-its amazing) - they're so neatly made, stuffed with so much heart and they're such perfect colours and expressions - Jun even has a Hello Kitty bow, they're so darn sweet and well-made! Even the straps match! gonk

Bearic's amazing collection of cards just exploded on us: an entire nostalgia trip of Ragnarok Online post cards (from EuroRO?! Collectibles) that just made us smile so hard, and the beautiful pieces of Bearic art that we just had to stare at - all those details!
These adorable terranium stickers that we have to figure out where to use if ever, they're so lovely.

All the wonderful Bearic touches, from the content to the handmade pretties and the sweet notes (and the copious amounts of cat-bun-bear imagery bless), made for such a wonderful, wonderful package.
THANK YOU SO MUCH from Jun and I! You are the bearest and only Bearic Pal!!! Happy holidays and much love!

Jun sez:
Maxx is taking artistic license in this retelling - we knew it was our Bearic Pal straight away because this Canadaland package HAD A BEAR PAWPRINT ON IT. OUR BEARIC PAL!!! QAQ Maxx wanted to do the write-up so I'm trying not to 'splodey all over this post but AAAHHHH BEARIC PAL EVERYTHING IS SO PERFECT. I can't believe you got all this RO stuff - the DEVILING PLUSHIE. QAQ And your art is so beautiful and so cute and everything I love uuuu QAQ AND YOU MADE THE THREE OF US. WE HAVE BEARIC WITH MAXXCAT AND JUNBUN. I LOVE EVERYTHING BUT OF COURSE I LOVE US BEST. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE BEAR TREATS, JUNBUN (and MaxxCat) LOVES YOU SO MUCH AND HUGS YOU BEARY GOOD BACK! QAQ<3<3<3

Aric Val

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:00 pm
Tygress Dream

SO I GOT A BOX TODAY. <33333
User Image

I opened it and found inside a pretty card, a LOVELY silver scarf and a cute red bag!

User Image

I PUT THE SCARF ON IMMEDIATELY I LOVE SCARVES.

User Image

Then I opened the cute red bag and found inside ANOTHER pretty scarf, a NMBC Blind Box, a BnN gift card, and a silver jeweler's box.
User Image

I was squeaking happily in excitement! When I opened the blind box and the silver jeweler's box, this is what I found:
User Image

My figurine is now on my desk, and the Jasper is placed with my small crystal collection, to be admired and held! Thank you!  

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:16 pm
Amizade

heart It got here! biggrin Thank you, Miza! I woke my husband with my squeeing! Just want you to know how much I appreciate it all, especially the handmade card based on Give. It all makes me so happy and smiley. mrgreen There's so much I want to say but I want to try to get pictures to properly explain to everyone. Just not sure with the crazy that is my life right now when I'll get a chance but I will share as soon as I can! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:08 am
Kitty Sprightt

So I was impatiently waiting for a box to arrive. Yes I was impatiently waiting, but I was also building up the surprise to see who was my SS. I got it today and sat staring at the MA, trying to figure out who it was since we all talk about where we are. Drove me crazy, so sorry no picture of the box, since I had to open it like a kid.

So, I get lots of candies...
User Image
Sweet tooth is going to love me!

With the teeth yelling to starting munching, I keep looking at the rest. At this point I am bursting with joy, that even my mothers negative attitude couldn't stop.
Especially when I get artwork:
User Image

With two special items:
User Image
User Image
Dream catchers are one of my many things, but they are all over in my room, my vehicles and even the bathroom. Corn, I really felt it with the one you made. I knew it was special, and to find out you made it, well that makes it even more so for me.

And of course, I get another special, wolves!
User Image

I love that a person who only knows me in this lovely group, and the questionnaire can get me so much better than some of my family and friends.  

SilverShieldwolf

Alien Shapeshifter

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:47 pm
Tygress Dream

I'm so glad that it arrived safely!! <333
Merry Christmas (:  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:22 am
space crawfish

GUESS WHAT WAS THE FIRST THING I OPENED TODAY ?!

User Image

You know it. This box has been sitting under my tree since Dec 13th.
I didn't know I had that much patience.

Inside were a whole bunch of perfectly wrapped packages. *.*

User Image

and an awesome card, with a VERY kimeti-looking reindeer........

User Image

The first one I opened was a small treasure chest:

User Image User Image

PINS FOR MY JACKET. these are amazing, I need more pins for my jacket and these fit in fandoms I actually like. ^___^ I have to get the coat out of my car before I lose them LOL

The second little packet I opened:

User Image

TWO turtle necklaces!!! I love the big one, I need to locate a cord to stick it on. And you can't tell with the little one, but it's got tiny turtles in it C:< I'm going to put this one on a string and hang it from my rear view mirror I think!!

User Image

Of course mandatory chocolate because, well, it's not xmas without, right?! We might already have eaten some ......

User Image

So far. But wait. There's a big one underneath which I KNEW was the best part, so I put it off until the very end.

User Image

*.* aaa Craw both wrapped everything and THEN wrapped it in tissue paper, she put me to shame. My cat ended up wearing some of the ribbons here for a while, to her. Um. Delight.

User Image

AAAAHHHHHH IT'S WILLOW *.* I haven't taken it out of the packaging yet because I want to put it in a proper frame and hang it somewhere, it's so lovely. Watercolor and...guache? Is that guache I spy?

User Image

Altogether an awesome package. 8D MERRY XMAS!  

and be blue
Vice Captain

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

space crawfish

Salty Garbage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:16 pm
EchoLimaFoxtrot

HEY GUESS WHAT I'M POSTING PICTURES OF

THIS THING WAS UNDER MY CHRISTMAS TREE FOR OVER A WEEK DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SELF CONTROL IT TOOK TO NOT RIP INTO IT AS A LION RIPS INTO A GAZELLE emotion_dowant It arrived at my parents' place and they told me "There's some weird box from the Internet here from you. It's from the Internet right, with all of your weird friends?"

It was packed into a priority mail USPS envelope... covered in priority mail tape. I had to break out a knife that Krampus brought for waifu to get into it. Package, 1; Craw, 0. (I do this to my friends all the time. Packages wrapped in multiple layers of duct tape and cards filled with glitter mean I love you~)

Upon opening it revealed....

More priority mail packaging. xd

A great struggle ensued as I did battle with the second priority mail box. Eventually, victory was mine! I poured its guts out all over my floor with a gruesome flourish!

LOOK AT THIS ADORABLE WRAPPING! Getting a present full of tiny presents was fantastic! Normally I'd open the card first BUT there was a stern yet festively polite note on it to open it last! Better follow the instructions this time, Craw.

The wrapping paper was shredded with gleeful abandon! And inside...

Not one, not two, but THREE hair pins! I wear hair pins like this EVERY DAY and these are TOTALLY CUTE! The one on the left has a tiny silver deer on it! With tiny feathers! And tiny beads! The middle one has a small metal dragon, RED feathers, and some really nice little pearls on it~ And the one on the far right has a LITTLE BRONZE CRAWFISH ON IT LOOK HOW CUTE IT IS I want to tell it about all of my feelings I have so many feelings. These are SO CUTE and they also feel very Florida-y with the materials and colors. I love the little hanging charms, they're charming (huehuehue) and a really nice touch!!

There's a super pretty fabric pouch with a tie closure and a tiny little metal octopus on the end. It's so soft, the fabric is lovely!! The stripes are woven into it, and it's lined with a soft blue cotton. It's so thoughtful ; w ; I am keeping a tiny sketchbook and pencils in it for on the go no-excuses drawing time.

But! The LAST THING. That glass jar with a LOVELY PAINTING of Raining Underwater on it! In the snow! Hold on, let me post a better picture of how great this is because it's THE BEST. I am keeping this in the kitchen where everyone can see it (right near the kettle) because I am SO HAPPY with it ; w ; omg I'm feelin' emotional just typing about it~

It's tea!! The painted jar alone would be a perfect gift, but it's filled with tea! It's herbal, and it smells like mint and pastry and Christmas. I have no idea what is in this tea but it's so good! Very relaxing to sit and drink, it's got a fantastic flavor. Echo, you said it came from a local coffee shop? Tell them your secret santa giftee loves it! Do they ship? I brewed a cup in my Matope mug ~ w ~

Thank you so much for sending this amazing package to me! ; w ; I love everything in it! I loved the crawfish drawing in the card, too! And no the black ink on the jar did not run it looks perfect just how it is!

I'm so grateful that I could participate in this secret santa, thank you guys so much for running it for us!

and be blue

whee AAHHH I'm so happy you like it! Yes it's shellac ink, watercolor, and white gouache! There's some glitter media mixed in with her breath so it shimmers, but it didn't come out as prominently as I wanted it to. T___T  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:02 am
Okay OKAy okay

it took me

some time

to recover

so let’s start at the start

because at the start

there is a box

User Image

Opening the box reveals a card and some wrapping paper, at which point we must skip forward a bit.

In the reality that happened to Ruri, the letter was opened first and with a groan of, ‘oh no, impossible, oh my god’ she collapsed upon the table and caused her mother quite the state of alarm.

But right now, we’re shifting aside the wrapping paper and revealing…

A small jewellery box.

What lies within?

User Image

Antler earrings.

Antler earrings.

Thor Almighty but these are gorgeous. They are absolutely exactly my thing 9000%. I love them SO much. It kills me.

I immediately put them on. Modelled them. Tried to get some decent photos out of my mum.

Alas I’m still rocking the panda eyes but I feel gorgeous in antler earrings. XD

User Image

The rest of the wrapping paper goes and I pull out a cute as f*ck little bag with a hedgehog on it and within there are two packets of chamomile tea (YUM!) and an adorable tea strainer!

User Image

Look at the gorgeous green, it’s a little seedling! Q_Q <3 I’m gonna use this tonight.

User Image

Okay, so back to the start where I did open the card first.

And it nearly killed me.

Because there was this.

User Image

That little Peep is a temporary tattoo. How cool is that?!! That is gonna be on my arm one day.

When the time is right I will be slamming Peep on my arm and wearing her proudly down the street.

but hey

do you see that guy?

yeah that guy
this guy
THIS GUY

One of my most cherished characters is now a Kimeti
and he even has a bird friend to torment!

he's perfect, he's gorgeous, his hair, his smirk, his tail
his markings and every single detail

Q______Q

User Image

I seriously did have a moment
and my mum thought something was wrong
and all I could do was moan and flap my arm weakly at her
i actually
couldn't
even

Blue, if I could kiss you, I would. I’ll settle for sobbing like the baby I am and clutching at all my beautiful things.

You are absolutely amazing.

All the thought and care put into every item blows me away.

I will never take off these earrings.

I will never stop screaming about Hunter.

I will drink tea tonight with a dab of honey and bask in how happy you’ve made me.

Thank you! <3

andbeblue

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

and be blue
Vice Captain

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:37 am
ruriska

T___T I'M SO GLAD IT GOT TO YOU SAFE I've been stressing a bit because of the strikes and also feeling worried that maybe I wouldn't nail your cherished character quite right, but I'm glad you love him. u.u I haven't shown him to like ANYONE, so please, that's all on you. ~  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:01 pm
and be blue

I was starting to get worried too! Q__Q <3 I'm so so happy though! Hunter is perfect and I'm going to show him off to everyone, haha. Thank you again! <3  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:25 am
I scaled all the pictures down but they're still huge. Ceebs doing it again. Sorry.

So I was driving home from work today thinking about when my KK package would arrive. Walked into the house and my sister brings out a yellow parcel.
It's FLUO!!! heart

I ripped open the box and the first thing I saw were these cuties. I can't get over the little birds. I love birds. Look at them. LOOK AT THEM.

User Image

User Image

There was also a package wrapped in the prettiest wrapping paper in the world (I had to take a photo of just the wrapping, hahahashutup).

User Image

And inside? LOOK HOW CUTE!! And so sweet, she got them because we can't eat delicious foods together (one day fluo, one day we will meet up and eat everything).

User Image

User Image

Hidden on the bottom in another brown package was this preciousness. Beautiful paper dolls. They remind me of Rejam who of course remind me of Matope. How pretty are they?

User Image

User Image

I got through all of this before realising that I didn't have a card. A closer look and I found these two beautiful postcards.

User Image

User Image

Thank-you so much, fluo! I love everything. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas. Love you, bby <3

User Image

fluorescein

Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas