[Festival] The Tree Ceremony (over) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:39 pm
Eshe stepped forward gently, but with a graceful spring. She was glad there were many others here who also sought a place within the pride. Offering a soft brown piece of fur towards Skan Kanati, she smiled.

"I am Eshe."  
Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:03 pm
nessiaing
Tamaki held is high, he was nervous but he didn't want to show it. No he was going to be strong, he figured its what Eilley would need right now. They both had looked for a home together this was the place they would start a family together and home they had picked together. He moved up to male in charge, "My name is Tamaki." he said as he passed a tuff of fur to him.

Eilley stood back and watched as Tamaki approached the male before them. Her belly was doing flips both nervous and excited to be starting her new life. She hadn't liked the place they had called home before and she had always dreamed of living in a pride. She approached after Tamaki had made his introductions, "My name is Eilley, I am Tamaki's mate." she explained as she too passed her tuff of fur forward.

Kineks was hanging back, she watched the couple come up and offer their fur to find where they would belong. She wished that she had someone here with her that she knew make this whole process seem less daunting. After the couple had cleared the way she took a step forward, she was shy and it took her amount to find her voice. "My name is Kineks." she said as she clumsily handed over her own tuff of fur.

(jfc people should kick me more, i am so sorry)

"Welcome, Tamaki and Eilley." He mixed their tufts of fur together, knowing that their bond was strong and their new home would strengthen these bonds. They would move into a clan together, growing new roots for their own family. The fur curled and sizzled a bit as the small trails of smoke curled up towards the air.

"You two are now members of the Bird Clan. Welcome to the Ela'wadiyi."

He watched the pair leave, his eyes quickly catching the sight of a shy lioness. She seemed uncertain of herself, following after a pair that drew strength from one another. Instead of rushing her, he nodded to her, letting her take her time to gather herself and approach him.

"Welcome, Kineks. I'm certain that this is all very new for you, but you'll adjust to it easily enough. I promise that we don't bite," Skan said with a slim smile, trying to reassure her that she was doing just fine. He had a feeling about her, and the smoke trails that followed after burning her offering only confirmed them.

"You're to be with the Wolf Clan. You'll draw strength from there, so keep your chin up."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:21 pm
samus x
fraxinus waited for his turn patiently and when it was finally his turn he approached with respect. he brought a feather that is the same color as his fur as he offering. after placing it on the ground, he spoke " my name is Fraxinus"

"Hello, Fraxinus."

Skan accepted the feather, intrigued that it was something other than fur. It must have some sort of meaning for the black lion, to offer it in such faith that it would lead him to the right clan to live in within the Ela'wadiyi.

And a little interesting tale it told, one that Skan would keep to himself. "Well then, Fraxinus, your feather has showed me a bit of where you may be happy. The Sky Clan will be your new home now."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:30 pm
Velveteen Angel
Jivu was a bit concerned by this whole process. What if his offering wasn't enough? He clutched his tuft of fur in his mouth, and, nodding at Shuuja, stepped forward to present his offering.

He passed the tuft over, and bowed his head in respect. "My name is Jivu."

Shujaa watched Jivu approach the male, keeping a close eye on him for any signs of hesitation. This would be their home if they were accepted, and she wanted to make sure he was certain. He had had visions of the pride, but was that enough? As he presented his offering, she started forward.

She offered her own tuft of fur. "My name is Shujaa'wauhuru. I am Jivu's mate."

Another couple. In a lot of ways, Skan was a little worried about couples that joined...but also hopeful? In a way, they made a choice together to live here, and the chances of anything changing that were slim. Still, sometimes he worried that they would be accepting of the culture that they were assimilating themselves into when they petitioned to become one of the Ela'wadiyi.

So far, he hadn't been proved wrong, and shoved his worries aside.

"Welcome, Jivu and Shujaa'wauhuru. You're both welcome within the Ela'wadiyi, and together you shall begin your new life within the Mantis clan."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:06 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-
Taking a slow breath in, Edin steadied what few nerves she had. She was, after all, a proud sort. A Warrior born and bred, coming to a new home. She could do this. She'd taken a bit of her tail fur out, carefully, and stepped forwards to offer it, "My name is Edin Prekrasen." Her head raised as she found a feeling of pride there. This was her new home.

The light colour of the lioness' tail fur disappeared quickly in the smouldering pile of herbs and ash from other offerings. The strength that she displayed was obvious, really, just looking at her. It was still nice to see the depth of emotions she carried, seeing her a bit nervous of this next step she was taking in her life. Skan appreciated it.

"Your home is here, within the Earth clan, Edin. Welcome to the Ela'wadiyi."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:22 pm
ShinosBee
Zim`torga lurked in the throng of those meaning to join the pride for as long as she could. Crowds had never been her thing, but one glance at the pale lion waiting with the clan he'd told her was called 'shadow'... She sucked a breath and stepped forward, clutching a small shard of bone in her teeth. It was a sliver of the bone from one of her own ancestors, and all that was left of her old pride and her connection to it. "I am Zim'Torga. I will be Ohitekah's mate."

Another female, entirely different in demeanor than the one before, came forth next. Wide blue eyes glittered with eager light, and without ceremony she let a few shimmering golden hairs from her tail drop in as an offering. "Pichale is my name." She beamed as she awaited her assignment, her new home.

The next female who approached had a startling look to her, one that wasn't very common within the Ela'wadiyi. Skan did well to mask his initial reaction to the mask-like markings on her face, partly because she seemed like a quiet and somewhat-shy lioness. Normally Skan met all the new members through the Tree ceremony, so it wasn't a fair assessment of their personality, but it was what it was.

"Welcome," he said, accepting her bone offering and watching it darken under the heat of his pile. She claimed that she would be a mate to a member, but it was his job to make sure that she would be placed in the correct clan, regardless of what she assumed was best for herself.

Still, she seemed accurate enough with her assumptions, and Skan nodded towards her. "You are to be within the Shadow clan, Zim'Torga."

It didn't take long for Zim'Torga to leave before the next lioness rushed up for her turn. She indeed was very different from the last, the excitement she displayed was nearly palpable to him.

"You are ready, aren't you?" he said with a chuckle, letting the brightly golden long hairs curl under his pile, slowly growing bit by bit from each offering. "You'll find the next chapter of your life within the Sky clan. I welcome you."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia generated a random number between 1 and 5 ... 1!

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:38 pm
Painted Moose
Salazar wasn't entirely sure why the other lions gathered seemed to be jittery. Wasn't getting accepted the biggest obstacle? This was just a formality, right? His critical looks at the others said as much. The large lion shifted on his paws, moving his scarred hide closer to his mates. And why the hell was everyone so small?

"Psst, hey, Sigrid," He dipped his head in an effort to whisper, which wasn't a true whisper at all. "What clan do you think we'll get?"

The painted lioness took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Her nerves were on edge, and not entirely because of the ceremony. She pointedly ignored Salazar as she moved forward, offering tufts of both her mane and his.

"My name is Sigrid, an, though it wasn't as if the large dark male could easily hide. His looks were that od this is my mate, Salazar." Stepping back, she allowed him to be seenf a brutish warrior, but his smile was friendly enough. Despite her initial aggravation with him, the lioness stayed close to him.

The next pair that approached him were much more colourful than the other ones, in personality than in looks. It amused him so. "Welcome, you two." He watches the bit of smoke intertwine over and over, as their offerings were burned together. "You both will be in the Bird Clan, and I'm sure you'll feel a warm welcome here. I will be the first to tell you, welcome." Skan chuckled a bit, interested to see how this would pan out in his own clan.

(roll 5, to omit Mantis)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:47 pm
Painted Moose
As one of the younger members of the joining party, Tiela found himself standing somewhat apart from the others. The brighter male waited for his turn to step forward, and when he did he nearly tripped over his own paws. Breath. He was trying, but why was it so hard?!

Offering up a tuft of his bi-colored mane, the young male bowed his head. "I'm Tiela and....yeah, well, that's about it." He stood up awkwardly. What else could he say without rambling at this point? This was his chance to start over, make a name for himself, and now he just needed a clan to call home.

"Welcome, Tiela. No need to be nervous. Everyone is when they take a step into a new life." He accepted the colourful mix of hair, he watched it curl on itself over and over as it disappeared within Skan's smoldering pile, the heat drifting upwards as it accepted Tiela's offering.

"You're new home is with the Mantis Clan within the Ela'wadiyi, Tiela."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:55 pm
Andranis
She'd been hanging around, just outside the border, for some months now. In that time, Biyu had seen many lions and all the clans pass by, and even had conversations with a few. It had relaxed her quite a bit, actually, about the idea of joining. The lions were all friendly and welcoming, and the only problem she'd found was them not knowing they had all given her the nugget of advice to wait for the Sky Festival to become part of the pride. Knowledge she already had, but she couldn't blame them for not knowing.

Okay, she'd found the lion with the potatoes strange... Very strange... But he was harmless enough. Everybody was harmless enough - Nobody chased her out, since her intentions were clear and she was causing no trouble, only popping over the border long enough for a good chat.

Now... She'd popped over the border for the last time. The Sky Festival had arrived, and the pride was buzzing. Seeing only the clans individually, and sometimes weeks apart, she didn't realize just how BIG the Ela'wadiyi was. When the lions were all concentrated in one area... The size was obvious. Lions were in many colors, many sizes, some from many backgrounds. The ones who had done like she was doing, joining the pride from outside as opposed to being born into it, were more obvious. Some had no tattoos, others had a few, but adults from outside had nowhere near as many tattoos as those who grew up in the pride.

The green-backed lioness approached the fire, a fascination about it in her eyes, before she sat down and plucked some hairs from her tail - Black with some gold - and offered them to the lion sitting by the fire. "I have nothing to give to the pride but myself as offering." She truly didn't have anything else. She'd found Rajeev in the crowds of lions and mentioned it to him - He'd assured her that it was quite alright. Another lion that had markings on his face and paws LIKE tattoos had mentioned the thing he'd offered had made an awful smell when it burned, so nothing could be worse than that. Hair was fine, and it would do.

"You have many things to offer," Skan replied as he gave her time to relax. "Some of which you will discover later, but regardless. Do not belittle yourself. Your future awaits you."

He accepted the gift, as it was a very common offering. A very personal one, a simple way to read where they should live within the Ela'wadiyi.

"Biyu, you're to live with the Mantis Clan. Walk proudly, you'll have many things coming to you in the future."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:18 pm
Nerpin
It was beautiful, this little haven.

So much different than his home, and the odd-eyed lion had come to cherish it, along side his friend for life. It was enough for him to want to call this home, find his roots and just flourish on his own - away from his very large family.

Clearing his throat, he stepped forward, Mwezitatagi following step.

"I am Ender, and this is Mwezitatagi. We'd like to find a home here."

"And a home you shall have," Skan replied. "One where you will feel comfort and safety." He nodded to the pair of them, knowing that at the very least they had each other.

"You both will find peace in the Sky Clan. I welcome you to the Ela'wadiyi."  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:31 pm
Zosie
Eshe stepped forward gently, but with a graceful spring. She was glad there were many others here who also sought a place within the pride. Offering a soft brown piece of fur towards Skan Kanati, she smiled.

"I am Eshe."
"Welcome, Eshe," he replied, reflecting back a quiet smile to the brown lioness. Her cheerfulness seemed infectious, but he did have to keep some semblance of seriousness for the ceremony.

"Your bright and cheerful soul will be part of the Earth Clan. Welcome to the Ela'wadiyi."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:36 pm
(( You guys have a week from today to get a post in. ;u; Sorry for my slow a** dragging it, but this needs to get wrapped up asap!

Conrad the Mighty

Dulcea

Freodwyn

Puhterodactyl

Kathryn Dragonna
))

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:57 pm
Safaia
sorry, lost track of this with being sick.

Tsilishu stepped forward and offered a bit of fur to Skan Kanati without hesitation. He was relieved to have finally found a pride that felt like it could be home. "i am Tsilishu." He was a bit nervous, and it almost showed in his voice as he spoke. The male did his best to hide his nerves as he waited to see what clan he would be placed in.  
Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:04 pm
Kathryn Dragonna
Tsilishu stepped forward and offered a bit of fur to Skan Kanati without hesitation. He was relieved to have finally found a pride that felt like it could be home. "i am Tsilishu." He was a bit nervous, and it almost showed in his voice as he spoke. The male did his best to hide his nerves as he waited to see what clan he would be placed in.

"Welcome, Tsilishu. Thank you for your offering." Skan let the bits of fur fall down into the pile, hissing slightly as they caught fire and shriveled into ash. It seemed that his nerves were being reflected in the smoke, as they studdered a bit as they swirled upwards into the sky, disappearing as they drew upwards.

"Your new home is with the Shadow Clan. They will welcome you warmly."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:12 pm
Safaia
"Welcome, Tsilishu. Thank you for your offering." Skan let the bits of fur fall down into the pile, hissing slightly as they caught fire and shriveled into ash. It seemed that his nerves were being reflected in the smoke, as they studdered a bit as they swirled upwards into the sky, disappearing as they drew upwards.

"Your new home is with the Shadow Clan. They will welcome you warmly."

Tsilishu wasn't sure how he was supposed to act, so he just bowed his head to the shaman and backed up. "Thank you." Shadow clan sounded ominous, and he wondered what they would be like. He would have to seek out a member of his new clan to speak to about exactly what being a member of the Shadow clan meant. It couldn't be bad, right?  
[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff