Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:40 pm
Relief flooded through Zahava chasing away the sickly feeling that had been gripping her a moment before. Pavlov was talking to her, panicking in such a way that she knew she could get him moving. "We'll take care of that when we're safe. We need to get back to the meadow, now. Let's go!"

Nova stumbled and turned back to see her brother. "Wolfie! Hurry!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:50 pm
Wolfgang huffed and turned on his heel to catch up with his sister, "I thought I told you to keep moving, now come on!" He opted to do the one thing that was currently within his power and that was get Nova moving.

Pavlov inhaled shakily but nodded, "Just...be careful with your leg and all..." There was just so much blood...not as much as his visions had shown him in the past but then...then it hadn't been his indestructible mate bleeding. He was practically a scholar of fear and as such Really Disliked learning new versions of the emotions as often as he did. This current chapter was quite mind-numbing. So with numbed mind he started walking slowly, throwing glances over his shoulder in case the walker returned. Not that he knew what he would do if that happened but...he wanted to be able to do something.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:25 pm
Nova nearly tripped as she scrambled to obey her brother. She trusted that Wolfgang would keep her safe, and that their parents would be close behind.

"Leg?" Zahavah muttered. She glanced down and frowned at the blood. Of course, as things go, when she saw how bad the injury was, she started to feel the pain of it. She cringed but powered through it, limping along beside him. Her head stayed up and she kept glancing around, alert to the possible danger.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:12 pm
"Well..." Pavlov paused to consider their options as they continued along carefully. "I could try to carry you?" he offered knowing she would refuse before the words were even out of his mouth.

Wolf did his best to keep an eye out. He might not have had much going for him by way of size, but he wasn't about to let them get caught off guard again. No way was that happening on his watch.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:16 pm
Zahavah smiled up at her mate, knowing that he knew she wouldn't take him up on it. Though, with her heart still racing, and her stomach twisting up into unpleasant knots, she appreciated the offer more than she would have expected. "No... I can make it to the river. Once we get there, we can wrap it up. That'll stop the bleeding... It's not that bad. I've been banged up worse in fights before," she told him, confidently. Though that may not have been true. She couldn't remember ever feeling this shaky after a fight.

Hearing her mother's words made Nova feel a little more secure in their retreat. With Mommy and Daddy and Wolfie, nothing bad would happen. "I can help," she squeaked, feeling that she should at least try to be as brave as her brother.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:52 pm
"Help by keeping on the move," Wolf said firmly. He had heard his mother's plan and thought it a good one. "Once we get to the river find lily pads and wet reeds, as many as you can, okay?"

Pavlov was having some trouble believing his mate this time, but he kept trudging on. Right now it was their only course.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:00 pm
Nova nodded so quickly that she nearly toppled herself over. She managed to catcher herself and keep moving, though. When they finally reached their little clearing, the one that they called home, she ran to the river to gather up lily pads and weeds for Mommy's leg.

Zahavah settled down near a tree and held her leg out, trying to steady her breathing. "Wolf, go help your sister. But stay in sight," she told him. She waited until both little ones were out of earshot before she murmured softly to her mate, "Pav... I think something is wrong..."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:32 pm
"Stay right here on the edge," Wolf called to his sister as he dived into the water. He knew where a particularly absorbent section of lily pads rested and sought to retrieve them quickly.

"What?" Pavlov whispered urgently, his eyes scanning the tree line to ensure that the walker had not returned.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:39 pm
Nova fretted at the edge of the water, glancing between their parents and her brother nervously. What if there was a monster in the water?

"I feel sick," Zahavah said, softly, keeping an eye on her children. "I... I can't stop shaking... My stomach hurts and my heart won't stop racing. I can barely breathe... something's wrong with me...."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:37 pm
Pavlov sighed hearing the familiar symptoms, "You're still panicking. Focus on breathing first, that's the important part."

Wolf finished gathering up as many lilies as he could and dragged them over to where Nova waited. "We need to get all these to mom. Let's get going."  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:24 am
Still... panicking? But, that would mean that she was afraid, wouldn't it? It took Zahavah all of two seconds to realize that the uncomfortable twisting she was feeling was unfamiliar because it WAS fear. She had never been truly afraid before. But when she thought of what could have happened to her babies... Her breath caught in her throat again. Another second ticked by and the mini made the connection between that horrible feeling and her mate. "This is what you feel, all the time?" she squeaked, horrified. Oh, sure, she knew that he was always afraid of the things he saw. And yes, she loved him completely. But a part of her had always disregarded his panic attacks as just being a part of who he was. Nothing too important. Now that she had a real point of reference... she was going to have to reevaluate how she thought of her mate. Once she convinced her heart to stop trying to claw its way out of her chest. She'd have to reevaluate a lot of things.

Nova nodded and gathered up as much of the stuff as she could.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:56 pm
Pavlov gave a half smile, "Something like that. You really need to focus on breathing. Long deep breaths - in through the nose and out through the mouth."

Wolf gathered up his own bundle and started trotting quickly back to where his parents were talking quietly.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:18 pm
Zahavah breed deeply through her nose and out through her mouth. She managed this two more times before the little ones reached her. Her heart had slowed a little, and the terrible feeling had started to abate. She forced any other thoughts or reactions aside in favor of smiling reassuringly at her children. She didn't want to scare them. "Good," she said. "Where's Grimm? He can help with the bandaging..."

"You don't think that... that... thing ate him, do you?" Nova asked, her lip trembling at the possibility.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:35 pm
The rabbit feeling slightly insulted twinged the filly's tail as he hopped past her. Like a skinwalker could take him down. He picked up the water logged plant fibers and wrinkled his nose. These would work so much better if they were dry, but he only had what he had so he went to work.

"Thank you," Pavlov said softly, he was incredibly grateful for his companion at this time. He then turned for a moment to regard the children to see they were still shook up, "You both did well there." He measured his words carefully, "Your mother is hurt, but she will get better. Right now, we need you to stay close. If you see another walker, you are both to jump into the water." He turned his gaze to Wolfgang, "Help your sister, get her as far out into the water as you can, keep her head above it." That should take care of the kids....

Wolfgang swallowed and deliberately steadied his voice to ask, "Do you think it will come back?"  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:09 pm
Nova whimpered at the idea that the creature would come back. She wanted to cling to the resilient little rabbit, but he was busy. Instead, she leaned against her brother, trying to hide her trembling.

It was on the tip of Zahavah's tongue to reassure her babies that they were safe and nothing would get them. But she didn't believe in comforting lies, even if she suddenly saw the appeal of them. Instead, she put as much confidence as she could into her words as she said, "We spooked it off. Once I'm bandaged up, I'll go make sure that it's gone."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff