Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:59 pm
It was an idea that flashed through her mind as a joke, then was carefully reeled back in and inspected closely. Watching the little troll's emotions visibly ebb and flow on his face, she turned the concept over and over, inspecting it for flaws and issues. "Nah, sorry. We've been cutting down on vats full of suspicious chemicals ever since there were a few weird explosions in one of the military storehouses." Tapping a finger against her mouth, she looked thoughtful. "We did have a copy of the recipe, in one of our Chittentown labs. But it got nicked by those crazies when they broke in. We didn't bother confiscating stuff off them since none of it was really important, and they were slated for ... stuff that wouldn't give them a chance to use anything. But a few of them got away."

Smiling brightly at the child, she reflected warmly on that, by the strangest series of coincidences, this was entirely true. There had been a copy at the station, on a mislabeled floppy grub, and it had gone missing after the Charge of the Fail Brigade, as she privately labeled that event. "I bet if you managed to figure out where they went, and worm your way into their good graces, you could get all the copies of the recipe you wanted."

Kamileunaire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:04 pm
Pip was all sponge clots as he listened to Regina explain further, nodding and adopting a look of consternation, eating up every bit of what she had to say. He understood the first part, and getting rid of hazardous chemicals (in a clean and environmentally sound way) was important, but as she went on, his eyebrows lifted. A shimmer of hope! "Ohh...right, yeah. The crazies that broke in. To the labs." He parroted her as he struggled to recall details. He seemed to remember there being headlines in the papers, but it had been a few weeks ago, hadn't it? The orangeblood was horribly ill-informed as far as news went; there was enough to worry about with his reduced size, and with the belief that he wouldn't be very useful, he hadn't bothered to try to pitch in. He sighed again as he tried to think. The details of the theft weren't what he was worried about, anyway.

"Right! I bet they still have it. They have to." He managed to return her smile, his wings vibrating against his back in his excitement. Even though he was scared about what steps to take next, she had been awfully kind to share what information she knew. There was some hope for his cure yet. "Regina, thank you so much, for your help. I knew you'd be able to. I've gotta figure out where to start..." He looked thoughtful for a moment before piping up again. "Y-you said they were in Chittentown, right? And uhmmm...how crazy would you say they were? Like killer-crazy, or just regular crazy?" He smiled sheepishly, hoping he wasn't pushing for too much info. If he was dealing with a bunch of maddened ruffians, he was going to need to find help. There was only so much a tiny orangeblood could do on his own, after all...

amicableAggressor

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:00 pm
The young seadweller was more or less still somewhat wet from his swim when he crossed by the Trigger happy booth. He had to give this place it's props, he'd found a new love. His soul mate. Perhaps even spirit beast! Oh how he'd fallen in love with firing. Sure he may have bent one of the guns when he'd fallen over once or twice. But oh man, what started as a stupid competition to show up that one, was suddenly a new passion.

As he was thinking about how he could possibly improve his aim he came across the lady with the coat that seemed to like grabbing his feet while he was shooting. Which in all fairness was not fair. Maybe she should hide behind something until shooting was done because that was dumb and very frustrating.

But that aside she seemed alright. "Y' hidin' out or just playin' it cool while the party is cold?" Cebass asked nearing her position to the side of the booth. Maybe he could get away with.

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:34 pm
A voice pulled Luxara out of her thoughts. She turned her head to see a seadweller kid approaching her. The one that came back every day. Her default smile twitched. Luxara wasn't used to highbloods chatting her up on equal grounds still. But she let herself relax a little under the circumstances. Kid was being amiable even though he didn't really have any reason to be while she was off-duty. "Hey, squirt." She didn't know his name. Funny, how there could be such familiar faces who came to Trigger Happy every night but never took time for introductions. She sipped her slurpee a little more. "I'm just kind of hangin'. I'm on break, but, yeah, there's not a whole lot going on. I mean there're the games and all, but I don't really dig most of them? But then I don't really need any of it. Toys just become clutter eventually." And she was too old for stuff like that anyways. "You sure like to hang out at our booth, though. Is there a prize you really like or are you a moobeast ranger fan or something? Or is it just fun?" The final option was the most important, as far as she was concerned. Considering she carried a crossbow, it wasn't hard to figure her opinion on long-ranged weaponry.

saihen

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:34 pm
Cebass felt a little bit indignant about constantly being called squirt, little guy or kid. He had a name and he wished for that to be respected! "I have a name y'know, you don't need t' keep calling me squirt or small fry," The young troll said with a bit of a huff. "I'm Cebass Lusita," he followed up soon after with a bit of a nod. He gave a bit of a sneer at her talk about clutter. "For y' it may become clutter," how could it become clutter when he had space for everything? "I don't know, I'm just really interested in how much fun they are. A couple of them are great," he said with a nod. "ISome of them I don't know why I keep goin' back...pretty sure I'll never taste again because of one such booth," It could probably be said that he was probably dumb for being so into the thrill that chance games seemed to provide.

" Because it's fun mostly," he said honestly. "it started with that green tool that took my gun, but then I just started having fun with." He had no reason to even lie about it. "i don't know much about firearms though, never had much of an interest until Trigger Happy." He looked at her with his rather large eyes as though studying her. He wondered what she knew about this kind of stuff.

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:58 pm
Aerona ran straight from the juggalo's booth onto the beach. What a rush. Her face was flushed completely red, and for a moment she tried to pull her hat over her eyes before remembering that her horns were far too obtrusive for that. She was embarrassed, excited, and overall exhausted. Bloodfest was so. Much. Fun. But, it was good to look behind you once in a while. She cautiously turned her head to see if anyone was following her, and prayed it wasn't the gigantic looming purpleblood or her redblooded flunky. No sign of them. She exhaled with relief, and waited while the white chitin of her lusus came into view.

"I'm over here!" She called. Boy, was she in for an earful. Sophitia caught up shortly after, her claws balled into little fists on her "hips". She squawked and shrieked at Aerona, giving her hell for what she put her through. And her little friend Sascha! What if she had gotten him culled? Did she have no sense of pride? The gall.

Aerona sank down in the sand. True, Sascha would have gotten the worst of it. But he was a yellowblood! He was pretty fast, too. He probably could have outrun them. But what if he didn't?

She frowned and looked back towards Civisect. Aerona pulled off her hat and wrung it in her hands, picking at the pom pom quietly as Sophitia continued to lecture her. It was a moment of rest while she thought about what she'd done, but it was mostly giving her time to think about her next plan of attack. Maybe she'd go back and rescue Sascha and slap that dumb clown's pressure trigger.

seekingCylem

Sypon
Vice Captain

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:47 pm
PeanutButterpies

Yep, that was the one! Psykgi was very pleased with herself about remembering, yes she was. ”So you're a...” she searched for the word, ”twin? Oh, goodness! That sounds sooo complicated!” she said, ”Well! I'm glad you liked my advice then!” she said, grinning, her two tusk-like lower teeth very visible, though she hoped it was nonthreatening. She liked her teeth but sometimes they muddled smiles something awful...

”Oh! Goodness!” she said, putting a hand to her chin in a mockery of shock, ”I don't know your name! You know mine, right? It was on the booth... I'm Psykgi!” she offered. His hand being occupied, she did not offer to shake. The cockroaches crawling around on/near her might have been a factor – she had learned that some considered Ma'am to be dirty. Which she wasn't of course, but all for politeness.

One of the cockroaches chittered her own greeting before going about the business of... whatever the swarm had decided to do, other than hover around her. ”My Lusus is Ma'am.” she added, gesturing to the cockroaches, ”All of them, haha!”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:09 pm
What Sascha lacked in reaction time, he made up for in willpower. When he escaped the Juggalo booth, he booked it. He wasn’t even sure if he was following Aerona at this point. They’d just happened to take off in the same direction.

Bagwormother galloped after her charge, puffing out squeaking breaths as she struggled to pull her shell along. As much as she disliked the strain, she was pleased Sascha was for once backing off from a potentially dangerous situation. Not that the situation was dangerous—she was far behind enough to see that the purpleblood and the redblood didn’t care enough to chase after the children. However, she wasn’t about to tell Sascha that. Instilling a healthy fear of highbloods into a lowblooded child was all a part of being a lusus naturae.

Sascha hit the beach, thinking he could possibly duck under the boardwalk if the need should arise. He was pretty sure that living in the desert prepared him for running on sand better than any old highblood in crazy shoes. Still, Sascha was tired and the sand was loose. He took Aerona’s reappearance as an excuse to stop moving.

”(wheeze) Did you… (gasp) Seriously… Just… Frame me back there?!” The exclamation point was implied by Sascha’s tone more so than his volume, which was lacking from the strain all the sprinting had put on his lungs.

Bagwormother finished flopping down the stairs of the boardwalk onto the beach, relieved to see Sascha and his friend had finally given her a chance to catch up.

Sypon

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:20 pm
Luxara was supposed to be humble and respectful to someone so much higher up than she was, and could get away with stabbing her on the street if he wanted. But he was a child, and she wasn't, so he was just kind of automatically amusing because of that. She chuckled. "Okay, Ceb. I'm Luxara." Putting her slurpee down on the counter, she decided to stretch her arms while he talked. The greenblood lost her form when he said 'green tool', though. At that point, she just doubled over laughing. "Ohhhh man, that's so true though!" She took a moment to let it all out, then lean back into her carefree posture. "Ahh man. Yeah, Kur can be...well...he's a jerk. Just don't let it get to you. He's a button-pusher, y'know? But, hey, I'm glad you're having a good time despite Mister I Gotta Take Silly Things Seriously Grrrrr," Luxara said with all the sincerity in the world. "Guns, though? Well, I mean, you gotta respect 'em. Or else you'll get screwed right over. Literally shooting yourself in the foot, or breaking them, or kick-backs... Stuff like that. And you gotta make every shot count. A lot of people don't seem to get that. You only have so much ammo at any time, and if you get in a bad spot and don't have the means to get out of it? You're kinda dead. So shooting at stuff just to scare 'em leads to bad karma. Every time. But besides that little lecture, they're great. Good long-range, usually good for smacking people who get up close... I know I love 'em."

saihen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:16 am
Luxara, huh? He reached into his inner jacket pocket to remove his notepad and pen tool. After removing it he wrote down Luxara's name. The fact that she seemed to find that so funny kind of surprised him for a moment... however that meant that he was doing this right, right? He let her finish her laughing fit. He nodded and scribbled down some notes for future reference "...hmmm, that is quite a bit to keep in mind". the young troll was thoughtful. Maybe he could set up a range in his cavern. He gave an excited smile at the thought. "I can't say I love them exactly..." he tapped his cheek with his pen for a moment. before holding it out,"...hmmm, that is quite a bit to keep in mind this one is my favorite," he beamed at the "pen" it almost lovingly. "Whip it out for writing or for whatever needs stabbing."
He chuckled a bit "I wouldn't stab anyone unless I needed to though," Doing so would be much too messy. He drew the line at dunking in sugary bottled swill when it came to getting mess on himself. "So, is he ahh... someone you know well? kur-whatever-his-name-is?"

Gl!tch~

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:06 pm

"Yes, I'm a twin." He gave a grin at that, although there was something faintly bitter in it that didn't quite match the expression. Something was bothering him on it but he didn't elaborate on it, instead saying, "You might see her around, she runs the shooting booth but she does other stuff since when she goes I'm the one made to run it." There was a laugh there and while he noticed Psykgi's teeth, it didn't bother him too much. To be honest, after Forera, not much bothered him. She was a menace.

"Oh, that's right! I'm sorry, I'm Anguis." He shifted the shoes in his hand, taking notice of the cockroaches now near Psykgi and nearly shifted away in response. That, that was not something he wanted to deal with, but he took note that they were white. A lusus?

His suspicion was confirmed when "Ma'am" was introduced and he blinked, looking around for his own lusus. He didn't have to go far, his lusus had come at the sight of another troll and climbed up his arm, taking a bite of the kebab Anguis was holding before hissing to him a question. He replied back, before saying to Psykgi, "This is my lusus, Dragondad. You do have a lot of lusii though!" He said, looking at the group wide eyed.

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:48 pm
Kid wrote down notes, reminding him of someone she met a while ago. Even though it'd been sweeps, she still thought writing was a waste of time compared to doing things instead. "If you say so," she said with a shrud. "Stabbing someone with a pen is...kinda weird though." Also something to keep in mind. Luxara figured most trolls wouldn't even think about that sore of thing unless it was spur of the moment. "And Kur? Yeah, we're...well...we've been through a lot. Yeah, that sounds about right. Honestly it seems like most people here are complete strangers or old pals. It's kinda funny, I think."

saihen

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:36 pm
PeanutButterpies

Disgusted by her lusii? He wouldn't be the first, and he wouldn't be the last. ”Oh! I was at the shooting booth but, I must admit, I mostly remember hitting things with a gun! Haha! I definitely saw a greenblood, though.” Yes, the greenblood. That was who had given her her gun.

”Yep! Sure are!” she said, cheerfully, ”And theres more of them... well... practically anywhere!”

Ma'am greeted dragondad with a few friendly clicks and buzzing. He seemed nice enough, but of course, Ma'am did not know him. If he kept his distance, and she hers, things would be just fine.

”Ooo, ooo, strange question, but do you and your twin share a lusus? Or do you each have your own?” She laughed self-depricatingly, ”I mean, I'm sure just being a twin has its hassles, but having only one lusus to go around? Goodness! That would be trying!” she petted Ma'am as she spoke, stroking her fingers over one of their smooth carapaces.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:08 pm
"Sascha! You made it!" Aerona was pleased and relieved, but she seemed more grateful that he'd had the guts to run out of there and impressed by the speed he must have had to do so.

"Yeah, well... You escaped, so we're good right? They won't remember you tomorrow anyway."

She smiled and buried her hands in the sand, flinging some up at him. Sophitia wandered over to Bagwormother in an attempt to apologize.

seekingCylem

Sypon
Vice Captain

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:40 pm
Sascha was surprised by Aerona’s blasé attitude considering the speed and volume with which she’d sped off from the Juggalo booth. He glared at her with as much “How dare you,” as he could muster.

”Remind me to never trust you in an actual crisis situation.” Sascha eased off of his glare. He had Aerona’s number now. They could get back to fun stuff like not being chased by clowns.

Or having sand thrown at him. ”Oi! Cut it out!” Sascha kicked sand back at Aerona from where he was standing.

Bagwormother shambled her way over to the children where she was met by Spohitia. Her willingness to look like a strong and competent lusus in front of a fellow parent was what kept her from collapsing there in the sand. She squeaked in relief to no longer be moving.  
Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff