• Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:51 pm
PoppiHolla

Godly P i s t o l

....... Yes? ~(._. ~)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:32 pm
PoppiHolla
DJ GhostHouse
Will you be our 4th Co-Captain? It comes with a diamond crown, territory and an army of fighters.

Hopefully if he agrees to work with us we'll only need one more Co-Captain.

User Image

Get ready for some long over due A-- Whoopins from this guy.

But we should get started on the details of the RP. Everything is up for discussion.

Time Era: Past, Present, Future (Can adjust between Eras)
How the Powers work?
How the Gangs will work, etc. Let's chat!  

Godly P i s t o l
Captain

Versatile Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

Angstbucket Edgelord

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:10 pm
Godly P i s t o l

I'm happy to spit out the more factual side of it, but you guys are going to have to chip in with the fantasy.

So, mafia. That in itself is a word that is thought to be derived from either an adjective to mean brave/manly for a guy or pretty/attractive for a girl. The current definition is kinda warped to include most organised crime groups, but it originated in Sicily/Italy, along with the other important words and titles: famiglia (family), omerta (oath of silence), vendetta (blood feud), don (boss, godfather), consigliere (advisor), caporegime, and soldato. I have watched a bit of KHR, so I don't mind drawing from that, but I'd prefer older characters for at least the Don, Consigliere, Underboss and Capo positions. Traditionally, associates would be non-Italians working with the family, but I think we can get rid of that for this roleplay. (Also, families actually do mostly have blood ties, but we can get rid of most of that for the roleplay. Consiglieres can be outsiders, Underbosses are usually linked by blood, but maybe we can extend that to include very very well trusted friends.)

As of now, I've got two sorta characters sketches in mind: a female boss and a male consigliere for another family.

Location: Anywhere in the world, really. There's organised crime everywhere. I would highly advise against high fantasy for this one. Maybe NYC would do? We could still have some traces of Italian ancestry in the family tree.

Time Era: Past or Present. I'd prefer a little bit in the past, but I won't get finicky with the year.

Powers: IMHO, one per person. No exceptions, even with bosses. That rules out a lot of arguments that might happen. Depending on the time period, each soldato would already have some sort of firearm and bladed weapon, so maybe we can have a comprehensive list for people to choose from?

The Gangs: I'm thinking full-out WAR. Family war. Alliances, vendettas between allied families, bar brawls and shootings. Assuming we go deep enough into this, we'd need a map, maybe mark out the territories that belong to each family. Of course, there'd need to be family profiles so our new members can choose, and maybe an initiation ceremony thread.

...am I rambling?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:22 pm
Glad to see this rp is active again.
Good to see all of you.  

Yokai Yakuza

Demonic Businessman

5,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Statustician 100

DJ GhostHouse

Hygienic Smoker

4,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:52 pm
DJ GhostHouse

Wish I could, but I gotta take care of my own guild too. I'll just be normal.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:16 pm
DJ GhostHouse
DJ GhostHouse

Wish I could, but I gotta take care of my own guild too. I'll just be normal.

Oh alright. How you been?  

Godly P i s t o l
Captain

Versatile Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

DJ GhostHouse

Hygienic Smoker

4,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:32 pm
Godly P i s t o l

Ummm pretty busy, in terms of school, work, and owning a guild. The last captain disappeared off, leaving me in charge, so it's kinda tough. There's not much of an active community anymore.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:15 pm
Famiglia is a unit of an organized crime syndicate, particularly the Mafia, often operating within a specific geographic territory.

Omerta is a cultural expression and code of honor that places legitimate importance on a deep-rooted family sense of a "code of silence", non-aggravation with authorities, and non-interference in the legal actions of others.

Vendetta is a blood feud between two families where kinsmen of the victim intended to avenge his or her death by killing either those responsible for the killing or some of their relatives. The responsibility to maintain the vendetta usually falls on the closest male relative to whoever has been killed or wronged, but other members of the family may take the mantle as well. If the culprit had disappeared or was already dead, the vengeance could extend to other relatives.

Mafia is a type of organized crime syndicate whose primary activities are protection racketeering and the arbitration of disputes in criminal markets. Secondary activities may be practiced such as drug-trafficking, loan sharking and fraud.

Boss, Don, Godfather

Underboss

Consigliereis a position within the leadership structure of Mafia. A consigliere is an adviser or counselor to the boss, with the additional responsibility of representing the boss in important meetings both within the boss's crime family and with other crime families.

Caporegime

Soldato

Associate  

Angstbucket Edgelord

Shadowy Phantom

Godly P i s t o l
Captain

Versatile Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:40 am
PoppiHolla
Godly P i s t o l

I'm happy to spit out the more factual side of it, but you guys are going to have to chip in with the fantasy.

So, mafia. That in itself is a word that is thought to be derived from either an adjective to mean brave/manly for a guy or pretty/attractive for a girl. The current definition is kinda warped to include most organised crime groups, but it originated in Sicily/Italy, along with the other important words and titles: famiglia (family), omerta (oath of silence), vendetta (blood feud), don (boss, godfather), consigliere (advisor), caporegime, and soldato. I have watched a bit of KHR, so I don't mind drawing from that, but I'd prefer older characters for at least the Don, Consigliere, Underboss and Capo positions. Traditionally, associates would be non-Italians working with the family, but I think we can get rid of that for this roleplay. (Also, families actually do mostly have blood ties, but we can get rid of most of that for the roleplay. Consiglieres can be outsiders, Underbosses are usually linked by blood, but maybe we can extend that to include very very well trusted friends.)

As of now, I've got two sorta characters sketches in mind: a female boss and a male consigliere for another family.

Location: Anywhere in the world, really. There's organised crime everywhere. I would highly advise against high fantasy for this one. Maybe NYC would do? We could still have some traces of Italian ancestry in the family tree.

Time Era: Past or Present. I'd prefer a little bit in the past, but I won't get finicky with the year.

Powers: IMHO, one per person. No exceptions, even with bosses. That rules out a lot of arguments that might happen. Depending on the time period, each soldato would already have some sort of firearm and bladed weapon, so maybe we can have a comprehensive list for people to choose from?

The Gangs: I'm thinking full-out WAR. Family war. Alliances, vendettas between allied families, bar brawls and shootings. Assuming we go deep enough into this, we'd need a map, maybe mark out the territories that belong to each family. Of course, there'd need to be family profiles so our new members can choose, and maybe an initiation ceremony thread.

...am I rambling?

Honestly, I wasn't gonna lead a mob. As a Captain, you own one gang, and you can do whatever you want with it. Make it a Villain Group, street gang, police, government, etc. Even a Mafia but we need one group as the police. Groups can have ranks too.

As usual, I like playing the villain role so that's what I'm going for.

Eh, New York is a little too close to home. gonk gonk I actually live in Brooklyn. Maybe we can do a blank slate and go with an Original Idea. We can come up with names to call it and decide. A first few names to throw in: Iron Fist City, Kanamori Town, though the overall city doesn't matter because each group can have territories and name them (if you guys want) since we have so many forums. We can even have outer city locations if the story needs.

Time doesn't really matter though to me since i can make anything work but I don't know about majority of RPers.

The Powers, yeah everyone should be allowed one. Though we have to figure out the style, will it be free based,meaning people can just do whatever with a cost of energy or a group of techniques they can do with said power with a cost of energy. I don't wanna limit people's creativity. So may choose Weapons, others might use powers some might mix both.

I definitely think we should all start as Street Gangs and one Police and we build up during the RP

And no it isn't rambling, just brainstorm. Everything is up for discussion.

Majestic Sugar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:04 am
User Image  

Godly P i s t o l
Captain

Versatile Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

Angstbucket Edgelord

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:48 pm
Godly P i s t o l

Lol, I'm also actually in the state. CNY.
Yeah, though fantasy towns might tilt it a little more towards the unrealistic, if you know what I mean. (Though if you're all okay with it, it shouldn't be too huge a problem).
The problem with street gangs (assuming that we're going to have them evolve into mafia families) is that the top-down structure won't appeal to people who thought it might be more of a horizontal organization, and it would be hard to pick a leader (and even if we did, disobedience is going to run rampant).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:55 pm
PoppiHolla
Godly P i s t o l

Lol, I'm also actually in the state. CNY.
Yeah, though fantasy towns might tilt it a little more towards the unrealistic, if you know what I mean. (Though if you're all okay with it, it shouldn't be too huge a problem).
The problem with street gangs (assuming that we're going to have them evolve into mafia families) is that the top-down structure won't appeal to people who thought it might be more of a horizontal organization, and it would be hard to pick a leader (and even if we did, disobedience is going to run rampant).

Well honestly, I was gonna run my group as just having a leader and a Vice. Everyone after has the same status. And again, we are the leaders of the group, you do whatever you want with the group, it doesnt have to turn into a mafia. It just relies on how you operate. For example: I like to cause trouble so I would have my people causing chaos in the city.  

Godly P i s t o l
Captain

Versatile Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

Angstbucket Edgelord

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:21 pm
Godly P i s t o l

So, a gang war?