Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:20 pm
While he was enjoying the company of his daughters, he felt a small tug on his tail, the lion's ears pointing forward in surprise. He didn't move his tail, though, as it reminded him of when his previous litters were young. A few of his cubs had been the 'tail tugging' type, too. So of course he reacted like he was dealing with a cub. Turning his head over his shoulder, he discovered he was right in his thinking- it was a cub.

"Oh my! It appears I have a little female twin I knew nothing about," he said lightly, smiling down at the cub. Of course he knew her- she was one of Hinekiri's babies. But he hadn't gotten to spend much time with the cubs yet.

He noticed Kal behind him, and offered her a warm smile. He was glad to see Kijembe nearby. He was the protector of them all. It made him feel more at ease, even though he had nothing to fear in his own home. It was more of a... just in case kind of thing.

Lalaith saw Par motion for him to join them, and he did so reluctantly. He was meeting the former king! He was going to pass out, or puke, or something horribly embarrassing. He swallowed a knot in his throat and venture over, offering the group of family a slow nod of his head.

"H-hi," he offered awkwardly, attempting not to come across as a complete idiot. He was supposed to be a scholar! He needed to lion-up and just speak to them. He opened his mouth to speak again, but only a squeak escaped him. Sighing, he looked at the ground.

Bwana laughed at this. "Who is your friend, Par?" He asked casually.

Kathryn Dragonna

Velveteen Angel

nessiaing

Dromio looked at his mate, bewildered for a moment. Why did she look so uneasy? Then, it hit him. Probably because he had just proclaimed that she was a mate without even considering the negatives. He chuckled faintly, moving back from Dulce so he could look at her. He felt more than a little embarrassed, but it wasn't because he had revealed that he loved her. It was more HOW he had done it than the content itself.

Maybe he could have been a little more kingly about how he told his subjects about something like that.

"Sorry," he chuckled to Dulce, "Maybe no one noticed..." though from the looks their way, it seemed that was not the case. Even Bwana had offered him a somewhat surprised look. Surprised, and a little annoyed.

Buffy_the_Bloody

User Image

"Kijeeeeembeeee!" Yelled Titania, coming up from behind the dark lion. She flopped her side against him, giving him a friendly nudge before offering her mother a bright smile. "Hi mom! Isn't this fun?! We should play some of the games or something!" She looked at Kijembe again, moving in front of him and lowering her front half playfully. Her tail whipped around, and she looked ready to pounce.

"I know you'll play with me, right Kijembe?" She loved playing with the assassin, if only because he was so stoic and hard to read. But she had grown up seeing him and she didn't have any fear towards him, imposing though he was.

It was fun to tease him.
Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:25 am
Braith nodded in agreement. Perhaps the king...er...ex king...was actually ill and didn't want to tell anyone. The thought alone was awful to think, so she quickly chased it from her mind. When Elfleda agreed with her comment she laughed just a bit, glancing back at the king again. He was older, yes, but with age came wisdom and Braith was all about wisdom. She knew her mother wouldn't approve, though, and she knew she'd never have a chance with him. He was the king, after all! Even though she was technically a noble, she had chosen to be a scholar which was a step down in the rank system.

When she followed Elfleda's motion with her tail and spotted her brother she joined in the waving down. A little cluster of siblings would keep the party entertaining for her. Someone had begun to sing and her rump was moving in time with the pounding on the log, a little grin on her face. The announcement Dromio made had her chuckling softly. Now she really wouldn't have a chance with him! She wasn't too concerned, though, as the king and brand new queen looked very happy together, even if the queen was green.

"Oh, I think it's grand," she said as Elfleda muttered quietly to them. "She's not conventionally noble, but I'm sure she has wonderful qualities to have captured the new king's heart."

magnadearel

Kathryn Dragonna

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:01 pm

Parisette didn't understand Lalaith's awkwardness, although now that she thought about it, her father was the former king of the pride. That might be a bit weird. Still, he was such a nice male, it wasn't like he was a snooty king who would look down on Lalaith. It was pretty hard to look down on someone for not being purple when some of his own children had limited or no purple.

Parisette smiled at Lalaith in welcome. "Daddy, Hinekiri, this is Lalaith, he's a scholar in the pride," she introduced. "Lalaith this is my sister, Hinekiri and my father King...or rather, former King Bwana," she giggled. "That's odd to say. Gosh, am I going to have to call Dromio King now?" It felt weird to say that. She had never called her father king, ever. He had always been father or daddy.

"Oh, Lalaith's also going to father my next litter of cubs," she added, almost as an afterthought. She smiled peacefully. "Imagine Daddy, cute little green grandcubs. Like Parachichi!" Relationships were odd to Parisette. They all seemed so fleeting, and people were so weird about talking about them. She was nothing if not open.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:54 pm
Hinekiri clucked her tongue at Rouge as she pounced onto her grandfather's tail. "Rogue" she said in a half chastising voice, really Hinekiri wasn't mad and she could see her father too was fine with the young cub playing with the tuff of his tail, "behave yourself young one" she said to the cub before offering her a quick wink.

Hinekiri scanned the crowd knowing her mate and other cubs were somewhere in the gathering she hoped that they were all having a good time, the cubs were still young and it made Hinekiri nervous having them out and about but she trusted the other pride members to help keep them safe and away from the forrest that to this day make Hinekiri nervous.

"I suppose you will have more time to visit your new grandbabies, and if Parisette has her way it sounds like you will have quite a few running about." Hinekiri said to her father as she gave her sister a little nudge and offering the por green male that had joined them a kind smile. The poor guy didn't know what he was getting himself into.

Velveteen Angel

Kathryn Dragonna

Cajanic

Kei joined the set of twins as the new king made his announcement. He felt his jaw drop over. He was pleased of course in knowing that the king had a mostly white coat, but when he announced his queen Kei was honestly shocked, the lioness didn't have a spot of purple, she couldn't have even been a noble before this announcement.

"Mother is going to have a cow." He said before he could stop himself, he looked around a little making sure that no one other than his siblings could have heard him, he didn't want to cast any sort of doubt on his mother and her loyalty to the new king and queen.

"I guess it makes my life a little easy doesn't make my lack of purple look so bad." he said with a smile. Kei had been painfully aware his whole life that he wasn't as purple as most of his siblings and as such was NOT his mothers favourite cub.

SilverLutz

magnadearel

User Image
Tabt was making her way through the crowd, having just heard the announcement of the new king and then subsequently the new queen. She cheered out with majority of the crowd. She looked around the crowd and saw her adoptive mother talking with the now retired king and her sister. She smiled knowing that her mom would be happy to have the former king around more to see her the new litter of cubs that had just come into the family.

As she made her way through the crowd the sound of music caught her ears, it was a sound that she would have known anywhere. The sound of the music Lorne made. She followed the beat of the drums and by the time she made it to where the grey lion stood playing she had begun to hum to the beat of the music with him. She was a little shy about her singing, she had never sung before meeting Lorne but he had definitely brought out the more playful side of her.

"Hey you, having a good time?" she asked him as she came to his side. She gave him a long nuzzle.

Cajanic

nessiaing

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:58 pm
Morcant was surprised by the lioness with the angry green eyes and strange pale markings on her limbs. "I am Morcant, Tegan's mate! Who are you?" It didn't occur to him that this could possibly be Tegan's sister. After all, not only did they barely look a thing alike, their personalities were very different. The male that came with her, too, was very different from his Tegan in how he acted... Though he at least looked slightly like the Groundling. "And who is he?" His eyes shifted to Tegan, filled with questions. There were festivities, and he'd love to usher his mate into them to have fun, but he was very much occupied by these lions who'd shown up. How she knew them, he had to wonder.

Her eyes widened as she looked from her sister to the mate, and suddenly the unease she'd been feeling melted into a different one. "OH! Oh no no no, he's a good lion, Karniela!" She reached up and draped her arms around Morcant's neck, losing them in his mane. "He loves learning about the Fa'e!" Then she reached up and adjusted Morcant's wood and crystal spectacles. "Morcant, these are my brother and sister! This is Karniela and this is Zachariel! They left because the outside called to them." She then glanced at them. "I just never thought they'd come home..."

The darker-haired lioness let out a long sigh, visibly relaxing... If remaining serious faced. "Okay..." She eyed Morcant, then looked back to her sister. "A seer out in the grasslands told Zachariel that something was going to happen 'where your roots are,' but didn't say more." She looked up towards where the revelries were centered and smiled just a bit. "It looks like that's it. We were sent home to see the new king." She then frowned. "Not much purple on that one... He'll have a LOT of work to do to prove his worth. Wouldn't you say so, Zach--" She turned, then blinked. Where did he go?!

Quiet as he always was, the brother of the trio had slipped off to observe... Well, everybody else. While he didn't feel he particularly fit in here, overall, he DID find he still loved his homeland. This was where he'd been born, where he'd grown up. This was where his roots were. Here and there he saw lions of many purples, some pink, some green... Blue in there, too... What somewhat surprised him was how little BROWN there was. Their family really popped out, didn't it?

His attention was drawn to a red-eyed green lioness that reminded him at the same time of both a reptile and a frog in the most visually delightful manner. As he walked over, he offered her a smile. "Good day there, m'lady. What wares have you got this fine day?"

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:49 pm
Elfleda

She watched as the festivities quickly started. Unfortunately for her, there didn't seem to be many viable mate prospects. At least she could still enjoy herself with the entertainment, and tell her mother she'd shown herself. Elfleda flicked an ear in amusement as the music quickly got to her twin. "Mother would ask if you sat on ant hill," the dark female murmured from the corner of her mouth playfully at Braith. It really was a good beat. If their mother hadn't been siting right there, she would have been tempted to dance.

Elfleda silently consider her twin's comments on the new queen. "I'm sure she has some nice qualities, but others may not see it that way." Like their parents for one. Maybe not enough to actually do anything than cast disapproving looks at the pair, but still. She gave a shrug to pass it off. "I know I wouldn't want to be in her paws. It's not like he would have chosen one of us, and I wouldn't want to be queen." Maybe it had its perks, but it also had issues. No thanks. She'd take a nice purple male any day.

The purple female snickered at Kei's blunt, if accurate assessment of their mother's reaction. "Only acting regal in public will prevent her from having it now." Her eyes twinkled in merriment. She eyed her brother up and down as if seriously assessing the purple on his pelt. "Mmmmm, I dunno Kei. You'd make a horrible queen in my opinion." She ducked away with a laugh from the expected swat.

SilverLutz

nessiaing

Kathryn Dragonna

magnadearel

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:27 pm
Cajanic

Her eyes glanced around, meeting eyes with a few of the pride members. Some were kind and happy for the announcement, but some.. Well she tried to overlook their gaze quickly. She looked back into Dromio's eyes, and smiled. He had a way of calming her with just a look. She took a deep breath and grinned.

"Oh, I'm pretty sure the secret is out." She teased, leaning in gently to nudge him with her shoulder. She was beyond thrilled to not have to be a secret any longer, and she was excited to embark on this new experience.. But she would be lying if she didn't admit in her heart she was terrified. Others could be cruel, and she hoped she had the true dignity of a real queen.

"I just hope I'm everything the pride needs. I don't want to let them down." She said with a soft smile.

"Congratulations my king." She wasn't sure she could be more proud of him..  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:01 pm
[Next post will have Parisette's reply c: just wanted to reply with Parachichi]

Parachichi was fussing with her wares, so she barely noticed the male approaching. When he spoke to her, she glanced up, rather stunned. Oh, he must be new, she mused to herself as he spoke to her, asking her a question.

She gave a small gentle smile and gestured to her items before her. Her smile was her only response, her eyes dancing with amusement as she gestured to each item in turn. There was the feather hair-pieces, the dyes (which she daintly dipped a portion of her paw into, her paw pad coming out a variety of colours thanks to each pot of dye), and lifting a few of the pendants up to show the length of the chain. The pendants had small gems attached to them, a pretty trinket but nothing that special.

She was especially proud of her dyes; they were the colours her mother was wearing that night as well.

Aureliana, ducking through the crowd, froze as the male approached Parachichi. Her eyes narrowed, but she didn't break into the conversation. Parachichi had to learn how to interact with people...but if that male was cruel to her sister, she was going to hurt him.

She might not be big or strong, or particularly good at fighting, but Aureliana would go to the ends of the earth to defend her baby sister.

Andranis

Velveteen Angel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:17 am
Braith nodded slightly as Kei spoke. She certainly would, but she knew it was how things went with her family. Her parents were very traditional and it was to be expected, really. But she had a warmth in her chest that she knew they didn't have, and she grinned at the new king and queen.

"Oh yes, I wouldn't want to be queen either," she agreed quickly. "Too much responsibility and I wouldn't get to learn as much, I'm sure." Not about the things she wanted to learn about, anyway.

She laughed as her sister teased her brother, snickering a bit more. "Ooooh, good one. Elf," she said, covering her mouth with a paw to hide her snickers.

magnadearel

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:41 am
(I'll do a normal reply after I get this game rolling. )

User Image

"Alright everyone!" Bellowed a lion out of the blue, the purple player jumping on top of a rock to make himself known. His bird companion landed on his head, tweeting loudly in an attempt to gather attention as well. "What kind of celebration would this be if we didn't have games?!" Borachio, illegitimate son of the king, grinned from ear to ear as he looked around the crowd of lions. He could see they were intrigued, and he wanted to make sure they had some fun with him.

"I think it's about time we all learn a little about one another's jobs, don't you? So today, EVERYONE gets to be a player! Haha! Doesn't sound so bad, now does it? And you can have a nice bird companion of your own if you prove your worth!"

As he spoke, a few birds came to join him, already having agreed to join up with whomever won this little game. As they waited, Borachio continued merrily.

"All you guys have to do is entertain! A song, a dance, a skit- whatever comes to your heart! The winner will be the one who gets the best response from the rest of us! So, if you'd like to play, please go ahead and get in line up near me. The rest- gather round to enjoy the show! Your reactions will be important in deciding our winner today!

Quote:
For this game, you just have to post doing some kind of entertaining thing and generate a number between 1 and 50. The highest number will get the best response from the audience and will their choice in the following familiars:

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

These were all colored by Lithiasaur!

You may roll once for each character you have, if you would like them to have a bird familiar. You may also gift the familiar to another lion, though they need to stay with someone in the pride. <3

I quoted everyone who has posted so far. You can still roll even if you haven't been quoted!

This will be open for two days, or until someone rolls a 50. Whatever comes first!

SilverLutz

Velveteen Angel

magnadearel

Andranis

Buffy_the_Bloody

nessiaing

Kathryn Dragonna

Lithiasaur

Zingling

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:18 pm
Braith was distracted by a booming voice calling out to the crowd. Her ears perked up in interest and she looked around to see who was going to step forward. Perhaps if she were a bit older she might have joined, but she knew she was still under harsh scrutiny from her parents. That and she wasn't sure she was good at anything other than learning and she certainly hadn't learned how to dance or anything like that. She was excited to see who would get up and dance, though. Or sing! Or tell a story...anything would be wonderful.  
Andranis generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 15!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:17 pm
"Ah, not a talker?" The lion offered a smile. "That's quite alright. I've found many who simply don't talk because they don't find others are worth the words, and many who can't... I won't press you for words you may not have or wish to put voice to." He looked at where she indicated, admiring the various wares. "These are impressive!" He contemplated, then pointed to the dyes and feathers. "Would you like anything in exchange for these? I'm afraid I don't carry much on me..." He fished in his mane a moment, soon producing a bird skull. There were some hairs attached to it from where it'd been tangled up. He quite liked it, but he wasn't afraid to part with it. He flicked an ear, then glanced over to the lion speaking. Now that was some impressive coloration! Was he related to the recently-stepped-down king, with coloring like that?

Velveteen Angel

Morcant looked up, reaching up and adjusting his spectacles to look at Borachio. "It would appear entertainment is being asked for." He offered Tegan and her sister a smile. "Perhaps one of you two should try. I've seen much of what Tegan does..." He shifted his gaze fully to her sister. "What about you? Perhaps you can show us something? I'm sure it would be quite stunning!" Tegan was, herself, quite flexible. It amazed him how she could move around in the trees, both on the ground and above. He could barely move around large boulders.

Worries and unease began to vanish as Tegan heard Borachio. Ah, entertainment! Her face lit up and she shoved a paw against her sister's shoulder. "You should do something, Karneila! Come on, like when you were a cub!" Those days had been full of such laughter and happiness. Karneila had been as tricky as any fa'e, plucking feathers from the manes of unsuspecting lions with skill and ease. Then they'd grown up, and she... Changed. One day she was the typical Groundling, the next, she was... Stern and serious. The change had saddened Tegan.

Her ears folded back as her sister began to shove on her. "Tegan, I don't do that anymore..." She started to shuffle away, only to end up confronted by her sister's large, blue eyes pleading at her and Tegan nose-to-nose with her. "Ah!" She backed up, frowning, she finally conceded a very fast defeat. "Alright, I'll do a tumble number... She turned, walking away and finding her own rock to climb on.

Karneila took a few deep breaths, closing her eyes for a moment as she stood over the gathered lions. It seemed almost wordless, but a path lay before her, free of others to get in the way and thus potentially harmed. She was, admittedly, a bit nervous. She hadn't done this in a long time... Not like this... Bunching her muscles, the lioness crouched down, before opening her eyes and jumping off the rock. As soon as her front paws hit the ground, she went tumbling, head over tail, for a few feet, before she sprung up and did another turn in the air before landing. Still flawless, by her record. She'd used it many times as a youth to avoid those she'd filched from.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Velveteen Angel generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 26!

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:03 am
[will reply with Parisette after Lalaith's reply c:]

Parachichi was incredibly glad that he didn't push her to talk. Sometimes people got angry with her for not talking, but this male seemed understanding at least. She offered him a far more friendly smile, delighted at his compliment to her wears.

He offered the bird skull to her and she peered at it, before shrugging. Instead of taking it off him, she simply pushed her wares towards him, so he could pick what he wanted.

Parachichi was an incredibly bad sales person. She rarely charged for her wares, preferring to give them away to people who liked them instead of pushing them on others. She continued to smile at him, waiting for him to pick what he wanted, but making no move to take his trinket from him.

Aureliana rolled her eyes as she watched her sister. Parachichi was never going to make a name for herself if she kept giving away her trinkets. Seriously. The feline took so long to construct everything, that it was really ridiculous to give it away for free. Still, she did it so often that Aureliana shrugged it off.

Hearing her Uncle call out, she beamed a bright smile. Perfect!

She glanced at Parachichi, ensuring that the male was not being rude to her, before she pranced out into the center of the group to perform. She was not a player, preferring the fun of the forest to the structure of the pride, but still. She was raised by Parisette.

She was impressed at the lioness who flipped so perfectly. Man, people had skills!

"Well there was once a cheetah from lands afar!" She began to sing, an old joking song that was more funny than poetic. Her voice was...not the best, but she acted out the stupid scenes from the song, including when the cheetah hit on another male cheetah, fell in love with a lioness and then died tragically from a hyena attack brought on by his affair with the lioness.

She sprawled herself out dramatically on the ground at the end of her song, eyes clenched and tongue sprawled out. "I'm dead," she added, in case anyone had misunderstood her fine acting.

Parachichi, watching her sister from afar, had a bemused expression on her face, but gave a small giggle. Although she didn't speak, she still laughed, when something amused her just right.

Andranis

nessiaing generated a random number between 1 and 50 ... 15!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:37 pm
Tabt smiled when her uncle announced a game. The green lioness was an attendant so she didn't spend a lot of time acting or playing. She did of course see the shows that were put on by others and since she had been hanging out with Lorne the musical side of her was become much more pronounced.

She began to sway to the music that was around her until finally she started dancing. She moved to the beats with her eyes shut, putting a show on for anyone who wanted to look. She hoped that she would gain some applause but at the same time she knew it would be alright if she didn't get any.

She did hope that Lorne was watching though.

Cajanic

nessiaing

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:43 am
Fabius purred at the tone in his mother's voice as she spoke. Her approval of HIM was clear even if she did not approve of the king. "I am sure she will keep in mind her improper color and compensate to be a good queen, mother, but it is a shame none the less. It is not as if he was a proper choice for one of my sisters, so he had to make due with what he had." The male managed to both approve and disapprove of the new king in one statement. He was talented like that. He would not have wished to be king, and was happy that the male had not come calling on one of his sisters.

Fabius wasn't sure he wanted his sisters to bring ANYONE home, but he certainly wanted them to bring someone that mother approved of home. He guessed he should be eyeing the crowd for mother approved females, but really he had no interest in them. He was just too busy for a mate. HE had important things to do like making sure his mother was happy and bringing things home for her from the tinkers. Although, he had been guilty of looking at a few of the purple princesses like Titania from time to time.

magnadearel

~~~~~~~~~

Rogue perked her ears up when the big lion spoke again. She had his tail under her paw as she looked up at him. He did not seem scary or anything, but she still felt a sense of awe looking at him. "HI! I'm Rogue-Gorge Bon-Garçon!" She stuck her tongue out at her mother. "But moooommmyyyyy, I AM behaving. I didn't even yank on it or anything!" She gave the cutest look she could muster and turned it on her mother and then the big lion that looked so much like her. Maybe HE would help keep her out of trouble with her mother.

Like any cub, Rogue was not liking the idea of being in trouble with her mother, but she was a bit too mischievous to stay out of trouble completely. She just loved sneaking up on others as well as other unapproved activities. She was turning into quite the little prankster and not a very careful cub most of the time. There was just too much to see and do and too many lions to sneak up on! She really was going to be quite the troublemaker some day.

Cajanic

nessiaing

~~~~~~~~~~

Yofiel smiled in return at Seiki. He seemed happy and excited, and she liked that. "Well, a few things, the nobles are those with purple on their pelts, so treat anyone of that coloring with respect... oh and that's the now old king over there... and his son the new king." She had caught some of what was going on at least. The new kings mate, she was trying not to look at since the poor female seemed a bit self conscious. It was best to let the lioness have some time to adjust, especially with so many eyes on her.

Yofiel chuckled as she watched Seiki start moving. She was not expecting her company to want to dance, but then again, it did look fun. She gave him a gentle nuzzle and a lick on the cheek. "Dancing with you sounds delightful." He seemed to glow with energy just like his pelt seemed to glow with stars! The energy was intoxicating and she just wanted to be part of it. It had been a while since the lioness had danced, but she knew how at least. She jumped right in with Seiki and flitted around him gracefully.

Zingling

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces