Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[Mentor PRP] U Will Need An Adult (Xavier / Hel) [FIN] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:43 pm
He winced a little, more out of habit than actual surprise; Hel was very loud, after all.

"What?" Xavier asked, taken aback by her quieter concern, and for a moment, he thought he might be hallucinating. He fumbled with his wing, a few feathers clutched in long claws, and then stammered out, "I...I'm okay, I...I think. J-just a little...um, b-bruised. And a little, um...well, I'm...I'm okay."

He tried not to think about it.

lucyal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:59 pm
"A little what?" Hel prodded, not letting it go now that something else had come up. "I am glad you are alright though." She blew some of her bangs out of her face in frustration. "That should not have happened to you. It should not have at all, and I know your position as a younger student does not bode well...but we will work on making you stronger, so that never happens again."

There was conviction in her tone, and she nodded her head firmly, as if to concrete what she just said.

kuroopu

Lucyal
Crew

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:47 pm
He hesitated, and then mumbled, very quietly, "...a l-little h-hurt. I g-guess. And f-frightened."

It was hard to admit, even though he'd said as much to Helmut. But Helmut was his best friend, and Hel was not only a graduate, but a very confident and very strong ghoul who towered over Xavier when it came to being a capable person. He did not want to have to tell Hel just how pathetic he was, though he understood already that she knew this.

He flushed a little. "...t-thanks," Xavier said softly, and his grip on his wing loosened, just a little, as a fraction of the tension eased from his shoulders. "I...I would like to be s-stronger...if-if possible..."

lucyal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:17 pm
Hel just simply nodded her head. "Ya." She uttered back. Nothing more needed to be said, nor would she chastise him about that. After all, she'd been in her own situations with Hunters...not that she ever felt frightened, but certainly hurt and most certainly robbed of her confidence which was shattering enough on its own. "It is natural to feel that way when someone robs you of your power. To counter that, you must be more powerful."

The reaper's lips twisted a bit and her brows knitted briefly before she released a loud breath. The ghoul then slung an arm around the demon's shoulders again, but luckily did not crush him against her bosom this time. "Xavier, anything is possible if you want it. If you want it bad enough, you will do what you need to make it happen. No one else is going to do it for you, you must."

kuroopu

Lucyal
Crew

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:12 pm
Xavier tugged absently at his wing, which had slowly started to ascend back into the space between his shoulder blades. He winced slightly, letting it go, and it snapped and cracked as the bones twisted and contorted, finally disappearing beneath his skin. A long sigh escaped his throat, as Hel's arm wrapped around him, gently this time; and finally Xavier raised his gaze to meet the ghoul's. His cheeks were slightly pink, as always, and he seemed terribly shy, but at least he wasn't quite as anxious as he had been before.

"I w-want it," he said, trying to force the stammer away. "I w-want to be strong. I want to...to be powerful."

lucyal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:48 pm
"Bitchin'." A grin pulled at Hel's lips again. She squeezed the demon briefly before she released him, and leapt to her feet. She then backed away from him until she was on the stone covered center courtyard of the reaper gardens. "Then it starts now!" She exclaimed, pumping a fist before she wagged her fingers at him in a 'come here' gesture.

"I know you said you knew how to fight, but I am going to train you as if from scratch. Ya, you may know how to fight, but I know how to fight better." Hel then held up a hand, her fingers coming up as she listed off points. "Punching, kicking, countering, blocking, and evading I suppose--" A pause. "I am going to teach you the basics of each of these actions. Once you master these basics, you will be able to apply them in a style that best suits you, ya?"

Another pause.

"You will not master these basics all in one session." Her face dead panned. "You must train very hard and consistently to master them. I will make certain you have a strong foundation of the basics when you leave here today though, understood?"

kuroopu

Lucyal
Crew

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:52 pm
Xavier wondered, not for the first time, what he had gotten himself into. A brief, shining moment of respite when Hel had actually seemed as though she might be normal, and then she was back to her usual, rowdy, loud, and yes, abrasive, self.

He couldn't figure out which one he preferred, except he thought the former, quieter Hel might have caused less bruising in the long run.

With some reluctance, Xavier dragged himself to his feet and followed Hel across the courtyard. It all sounded like a great deal of work, and he wasn't entirely certain that he'd be able to even accomplish such monumental tasks, but, well...he'd already decided on this.

Xavier took a deep breath.

"I u-understand," he said, timidly at first, and then again, in a stronger tone of voice, "I understand."

lucyal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:44 am
Hel had to grin, pretty pleased, as Xavier spoke again in a stronger tone.

"Alright! Let us get down to business!" A good chunk of time now was spent with Hel instructing, and demonstrating to the demon, the basics she had mentioned. She started off with punching, showing him the proper way to make a fist and not break any bones when hitting something, and where the hand should hit. She then showed him a variety of punches that depend on how he wanted to approach an opponent, and punches that worked depending on the angle he wanted to attack. Next came kicking. She broke down the variety of kicks for him as well.

After she ran through those two basics with him, the reaper stepped back, grinning. "Now, you shall try on me! Punching and kicking the air is fine and all, but the true practice comes from another opponent!" She then raised her fists, and settled into a battle stance. "You must land three hits on me! At least one punch and one kick, and the other is up to you, but you must land three! Come now!"

Quote:

Roll your battle dice!

To successfully hit Hel, you must first actually land a hit, and second, the total amount of DMG must be odd.

Do at least one punch and one kick, and the other is up to you!

You have successfully completed this task when you have rolled 3 odds (not in a row either, I'm feeling merciful).

Quote me when you finish this task! Hel just stands there bracing for attacks while this is going on.

kuroopu

Lucyal
Crew

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:58 am
The lesson was both instructive and exhausting, especially since it was very hard for Xavier to make a proper fist with clawed fingers. Still, Hel was good at what she did, and her instructions were quite helpful; she had clearly taken this fact into account and when he did make a fist, it was a lot easier to do without being ridiculous about it.

Approximately an hour later, he stood in front of her with his large, furred coat off, dressed in a simple brown tunic that was held together at the waist with a thick black belt and several shirts beneath the tunic. Xavier had tied his hair back to get it out of his face, and several feathers littered the ground around his feet.

"Okay, I will t-try," he said, slightly out of breath, and dived forward, somewhat awkwardly, towards Hel. He swung a fist at her torso and managed, perhaps not a terribly strong blow, but at least a glancing hit to her side. Xavier staggered backwards, feeling marginally more confident, though not entirely so just yet.

DMG: 1
TOTALS: 1 / 3

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 8 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:01 am
He tried again, this time with a kick, and this time it was better, stronger faster, harder. Xavier managed to keep his balance well as he swung his foot towards Hel, and it connected with the side of her own leg. He hopped backwards, regaining both his breath and his balance.

DMG: 3
TOTALS: 2 / 3

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:06 am
The third time he tried a swipe of his claws, but overshot it and missed, staggering past Hel instead of actually hitting her.

DMG: 4

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:13 am
The fourth time he tried his claws again and missed.

DMG: 2

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 8 Total: 11 (2-16)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:15 am
The fifth time he was starting to get tired, but kept pushing, because he was determined to be better; and it was this time that he managed to get his claws to work properly, slicing them across Hel's front with more strength than he'd showed in a long time.

"I...did it..." he gasped out, stumbling back in surprise.

DMG: 5
TOTALS: 3 / 3

lucyal
TA DAH SENSEI

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:43 pm
All in all, it wasn't bad at all, especially considering the demon had been rather hesitant before. Taking five tries wasn't at all bad either, and that last swipe had the reaper grinning, quite pleased. "You did!" Hel reaffirmed, giving him a fox eyed grin. She stretched out from her battle position and approached the demon, taking one of his hands and pointing at his claws. "Look! You were already adapting what you learned with what you have! The last strike with your claws was good."

She released him, and soon launched into the next set. Hel explained the basics of blocking and countering, and described how the two pretty much went hand in hand. She showed him some simple moves for blocking, but also how to read an opponent's movements to anticipate how to block and then counter. Countering was best done after blocking, and she showed him some smooth transitions from blocking to countering.

"Alright!"

Hel moved away from him after showing him through the techniques.

"Now you need to block and counter me!" She grinned, a bit too widely, like she was really going to enjoy this. Spoilers: she was. "One the count of three, prepare yourself!"

A pause.

"THREE!" The reaper lunged at him, pulling back a fist.

Quote:

Roll 1d20!

If the number is odd, you successfully block Hel's attack and then counter it.

If the number is even, you are not successful and...Hel knocks you flat out on the ground. She's kind enough to pull you back up to your feet by the scruff of your shirt though.

To complete this task you must successfully block and counter Hel three times!

Quote me when finished!

kuroopu
SENPAI NOTICES U

Lucyal
Crew

kuropeco rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:52 pm
Xavier was proud of himself for managing to hold his own against Hel - and not only that, but he hadn't fallen onto his backside, but instead had remained standing the entire time. Which, for someone like Xavier Hollow, was definite progress.

Except now he had to learn how to defend himself and that was marginally less fun.

At least he managed to react fast enough to throw his arms up, Xavier parrying Hel's first punch with a quick, flustered gesture that was more luck and adrenaline than actual defensive technique. Still, it was better than nothing, and he couldn't help feeling pleased with himself.

TOTALS: 1 / 3

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces