Submit

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:16 pm
She tilted her head, listening to his words as he both rambled to work himself up to the point he was ready to start speaking his heart. Finally she smiled a little as he spoke about anger issues. "Normal? What, really, is normal? I've heard tell of an angeni who spends part of her life practically sleepwalking her way through dreams... And" Her face went a little sad here "Another who, last his eldest son heard, was slowly descending into madness from grief at the loss of his mate. Not... dangerous, but from what my friend said, the sort to possibly just starve himself to death, forgetting the world around him."

She sighs deeply, remembering when Chromatos had told her that story, unburdening his hurting heart on her. Sometimes being a maternal figure to most was hard, for she heard their sorrows and she couldn't always help. But this time, at least, she was prepared to try, so her smile returned. "I don't think 'normal' is the word you want... or if it is, it's more 'is it normal for you', rather then angeni on the whole." She paused, and made a slightly ugh face. "I've even heard of one of us who's just an arrogant asshat. So who knows?"

She tilted her head. "However, since it BOTHERS you that this is happening, perhaps I should take it that this isn't something you consider normal for you? And if so, perhaps you're worried it's changing you, making you less of yourself?" Propose hypothesis, and test results by seeing how he reacted... Usually she found that worked at helping find the heart of the issue.

Cajmera
... I need like... a reminder alarm system I SWEAR. -Fail flail-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:12 pm
Ausdauer knew there was truth in what Aurianna was saying; 'normal' was a stupid word to have used, because 'normal' was completely relative. Even among the different races of Soquili, even among the domained Angeni themselves, there were differences. He got that, got that no one was really the same as anyone else. But there was unique, and then there was abnormal, truly abnormal. What else could he be described as if not abnormal, when he was an Angeni who let his temper blast at the least provocation?

Still, he tried to take some comfort from Aurianna's words, because he knew that she was trying to be helpful. He even managed a chuckle at the 'arrogant asshat' comment, wondering if the arrogant asshat was meant to be him. Goodness knows that he had his moments of arrogance...

But that moment of good humor was quick to disburse as Aurianna went straight to the root of the matter. "I don't think it's normal for me, no. I don't think it's normal for anyone, but especially not me. It's not right to be so angry at things, and it's hampering my ability to deal with other things. Helping others. Being an Angeni. That sort of thing," he said with a vague gesture of his wing. It was relatively recent, this desire to do more with his life, but that didn't make it any less real. He didn't want to be like his old mentor Regelus, a self-imposed pariah who lived exclusively to...well, to be an Angeni, but he did want to actually feel good about his contributions. Aurianna was living her domain right now; he'd seen other Angeni at work often enough to realize that there was a certain 'buzz' that came with a job well done.

He wanted that. He wanted to be more than a big, angry stallion. Surely that wasn't too much to want?

Lady Aria Starstone

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out