Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] I Didn't Call for You (Damien x Uru) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:16 pm
The little foxfire was unsure when the treat was placed, sitting there quietly as the tall person that wasn't his owner gave a flourish to the treat and pounced on it. Tail wagging happily as he chewed onto the treat to bits and pieces, curling up to the boil that was nice enough to share.

Damien could feel the side of his mouth twitch in a smile at the minipets antics with the guest and nodded absentmindedly to the reply. "Broad topic with much to go over." he mused, tagging on the side of his cup and feeling the warmth through the ceramic walls. The fluid shimmered with each move, like a tiny pool to drown in with the herbs circling the bottom, the motions of fish in the sea.

He was taken aback by how quickly the boil inhaled the drink like air. "Looks like i need to put a pot on, i'm sorry I should have done that sooner." he said politely, losing the edge he always had as the training on courtesy took over, playing the role he was born, practically bred into as he took a stand from the ottoman and left the cup on the table to shuffle back into the connected kitchen.

Soft footfalls that pitter pattered back to the tiled area where the coffee pot was turned on fully. "So what happened? Argument?" he paused, settling his eyes on Uru as he leaned on the Island to keep his gaze. "Something bad must have happened to cause this." he reasoned, putting more pressure on the island and off his feet, one that crossed the other by the ankles. He was pressing for more information.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:49 am
Bloodlust Dante

Watching Kiba go for the treat and the antiques and affections it displayed made his heart swell. It made him remember Fraustus and Aster, the pair of them sent into the closet in order to escape from his anguish and sadness. As much as he loved them and how much he was sure they would be there for him, he did not want them there. He did not want them to burdened or offended. It was better if Fraustus was with the other soul crushers and Aster with them. Uru felt a small smile as he watched the foxfire's butt wiggle back and forth in a whole body tail wagging show of happy and affection as it pressed up against him. The hellhound ran a hand over the soft fur.

"Not broad enough." he responded to the comment. Which was true in itself that there was so much about him that Damien knew nothing about and it was too long of a story to go over. How does one go over their life story and still try to paint themselves a victim and the hero and try to not bring the family image down with it? He couldn't, not with his mother involved. His hand stilled on the foxfire as he returned to his upright, placing the cup down on the coaster on the table. It was respectful. "It's more like a life story than a 'broad topic'."

"It's okay." He commented. he watched with soft expressions as the boil got to his feet and made his way to the kitchen.

It was morning! To think he was even functioning this much on a day off classes to even be awake. But to be honest, he hadn't slept, the subtle bags under his eyes were evidence of that. In fact, the coffee was actually helping him from falling asleep then and there and just sprawling out onto this boil's couch which was far too comfortable for his liking. But the monster did not need to know that. When he was able to count the hours of sleep in the past couple of days on his hands, he knew he was in danger of burdening the boil with a passed out lug on his floor, or his couch, or the kitchen, or anywhere should he attempt to get up. He wouldn't say he was an insomniac but avoiding the inevitable nightmare that was waiting for him in the corners of his mind. As he thought about it, he felt himself sag, looking down at the coffee cup as his fingers laced together. He did not appear grumpy, his bushy brows not knitted together, his eyes shimmering from their vibrant solid colors to his more natural sunburst eyes, yet distant as if he wasn't entirely there. As guarded as he was - as he could be - it was tiring. Everything was tiring. His face wasn't in a deep or tight line, it was relaxed.

"An argument would be like saying a pup calling another pup a runt. This was more like breaking arms and smashing faces." Blunt and straight forward, no? Uru did not turn to meet the boil's gaze, it remained on the floor with his feet, his laced fingers, the pocket full of fang snare just above his knee, the patterns on the floor, and the fluff of the foxfire beside him. That was all that he saw but he couldn't focus on what he could see but the words of the monster. The next words out of Damien's mouth made him grimace with a pained sound that sounded almost pitiful as his fingers tightened together. Something bad happened. You have no idea, Damien. The answer was almost pleading, almost asking as to say 'if only you knew so we could talk about it' and 'I need someone to talk to.'.

"I... I did something I shouldn't have. But I-I had to and I am living with it now." He muttered under his breath.

He let the silence fall between them as he collected his thoughts. Damien was here for him, proffering his listening ears, his attention, his company. Damien got out of bed this morning and sought him out. This boil sought him out. He felt himself pressed against his mental wall in a futile attempt to keep it from falling, he closed his eyes tight, listening to the sound cracks and crumbles as his walls waned and creaked around him. He knew Damien was on just the other side, he knew that the boil was standing there poised to tumble down it down. He kept repeating 'no' mentally - frantically - as he struggled to keep up his guard. His mind was at war with itself; while Uru wanted to keep himself guarded, to protect himself further from any sort of pain, his inner demon - his inner wolf - howled and whined, whimpering for the attention of another, desperate for someone - anyone to come over.

With a heavy sigh and closed eyes fighting his inner battles, he pushed himself back against the couch, his arms coming across his chest in a hard fashion - tight and secure as he rested his head back. "I was exiled."

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:00 pm
Drip.

The coffeepot continued with its laborious chore, infusing water with the essence pressed from roasted fearganic pods. liquid turned from clear to tan and darker still, darker and darker as it worked its way to the collection pot. It was the only sound that continued away, the low hum of the fridge that went on without notice, the breeze that thumped against the blockade of a window.

The foxfire keeping them company was already off into dreamland, running in an endless field without a care, just sunshine and grass and sticks and twigs galore.

In the room, the air was tense, Damien staying in place, out of shock. The words were simple but held great and severe meaning. The hound watched, green eyes taking note of how the boil held onto himself tightly as he said it. "I.... didn't expect to hear that." he said plainly after fumbling to find the words to reply to that. "how long has it been?" he chanced the question, keeping his voice even.

The coffeepot was almost done with its work, as the water began to refill.

drip drip

"What about your sister?"He wasn't going to ask about the ones who sought to throw him aside, but the connection that he saw between the two, he didn't want to see it suffer. "What about Brenna?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:28 pm
drip drip drip gurgle gurgle drip drip

The coffee's scent was so rich and aromatic he tried to soothe himself with it. He wanted to lose himself, let it take his mind into its scent. The demon almost hummed to himself as he took lung fulls of air to take it all in. While his mind and nose were lost in the smell of coffee, his ears were distracted, his touch was distracted. His hands pressed between his biceps and his chest, the warmth of his body radiated even while he was in this down mood. His heart beating at a pace faster than usual to a reason he couldn't put a finger on, but he had his suspicions. His ears were listening to other things.

The soft muffles on the foxfires.

The subtle, muffled voices of students outside.

Damien's heart.

"A while."
he replied dryly, vague and opened. It had been just over a fortnight since his return, and the travel back was a couple of days, but if he had tried to recall most of it, it would have came back as a blur. Everything seemed to blur together as he dragged his feet through the woods and back to campus to when he smashed the floors and toppled his furniture. He didn't bother to lift his head or open his eyes, he simply laid it back with shut tight eyes.

He had thought himself safe. He was the heir to the pack, his position was secured, he was rebellious to his mother and her methods, but he was to be the next Alpha when she had stepped down. But that wasn't the case. He should have been smarter to his mother's ways, she would have found some way to get it her way; by any means. She was clever and underhanded and he had underestimated her.

The question posed by the boil made him jerk his head up, giving the monster a stern glare. No, Uru shouldn't get mad at him for bringing her up, he knew about her. He had met her. She had became his friend, he thought. He leaned forward, taking the elbow-knee position again as he stared at something. Anything really. "She's fine." He replied. "No one will hurt her. No one can hurt her now that she's the heir."

He turned to Damien, his eyes fading as he looked at him bent over at the kitchen counter. "Damien, what am I suppose to do now? I can't be there for her anymore and I'm-" he choked it back as he tore his gaze away, his back bulging. He hissed. He couldn't sob, he couldn't bring himself to. He did enough of that. He was angry. He was ashamed. And there was no one he could take it out on. Uru clutched his fists as that sob became a hiss that then became a growl.  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:17 pm
"You said it yourself, no can hurt her if she is the heir." Damien repeated, trying to placate Uru's fears. The hound busied himself with the pot of coffee that was finished with brewing, taking it to the table with tissue below it. There was no saucer big enough to hold it on the table and to keep it off the glass. "Right now, you need to take care of yourself first before you can help anyone else. This is both Mentally and physically." Damien continued, returning back to his spot in the conversation and to the tea that was once piping hot had now become cold.

It still tasted fine,just not as fragrant. he admired after a tentative sip, one that was overpowered by the smell of the java. "Because you aren't taking it as well as she is, I gather."  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:46 am
Bloodlust Dante

"Of course she's better, she's always been better," he growled but he didn't raise his head from the shelter between his shoulders. She was always more calm than him, more open, and able to adapt to most any situation that was thrown at her with little argument. He would have fought tooth and nail if things were not going his way just to get a little bit comfortable. She was stronger than him when she wanted to; both mentally and physically, but she was so carefree and innocent. She was too kind and so easily corrupted by the pack's methods. But she was still better than him. "She's got the pack, she has her father." The contempt seemed to fall from his mouth for his uncle - her father - the acting alpha of the pack. The man responsible for his father's disappearance because he was seduced. He would not be easily forgiven, let alone trusted... but he had to for his sister's sake. "She's not alone, Damien. She has her pack and her father, she has the house, the staff, but she's not alone!"

The subtext was 'because I am'.

Take care of himself? He was doing a wonderful job at that! He smashed his room into oblivion because it smelled like her. He avoided going to the library because he could not help but associate it with his sister. He tried to stay away from campus because he could not help but remember her energetic venture across campus during the Open House. The only time he was free from her was at the spot where Damien had found him. Sure the campus had pathways through the forest, he found that it was not as visited as other places enough that he could be alone. And those that did come by, left him alone. He could escape from everything and it was where he could let himself go without having too many wandering eyes and listening ears.

How could he take care of himself mentally and physically when he was so shot? Uru could feel his heart racing under his skin, the smell of java wasn't able to soothe him. He couldn't even use his natural ability on himself - that wasn't how it worked. He gritted his teeth as his fists clutched tighter, fingers digging into his palm.

"It's like I'm screaming," he started, his rumbling growing as he jabbed a finger against his chest. "-and no one can hear me. I'm - I'm ashamed that someone could be that important to me that, without them, I feel like I am empty. She's my sister!" The growl grew to a crescendo as he jumped to his feet, yelling and throwing his arms out as he glared down at Damien. "No one understands how much it hurts! I - I can't be alone, Damien, we're hellhounds, we're dead if we're alone! You feel so utterly helpless; like nothing could save you. I wish.... It'd have be better if I had my mother back, if I had my stupid tutors, if I was back at home, I'd take all the stuff back because, at least then. I'd have all the damn good stuff that came with it!"

He could feel his anger roll just beneath his skin. His chest rising and falling as his eyes strained through blurred walls of tears as he stared straight at the green hellhound with gritted teeth. He was on the verge of exploding and he was so ready to, oh was he ready to just let everything go. And yet, he needed saving. It was as if he was holding an overflowing jar with the choice of spilling its contents or covering it again.  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:32 pm
Damien was glad to hear the screaming, it was better than seeing Uru bottle it up inside. While it was never fun to be the one on the receiving end of things, it was healthier for him to get it out of his system. The monster sat there unfazed, sipping on the tea with great care and placing it back in its spot on the table. "Uru, when are you going to realize how not alone you are here?" he stated patiently, green eyes searching for some understanding. "You have a whole student body to relate and connect with, other hellhounds included, a faculty to seek guidance from and classes to help you prepare for life away from here, wherever it may take you." he finished his tirade and settled on placing a hand on the frantic demon's knee. "Im not saying that we get exactly how it feels, but I heard you, im sure others can and will too."  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:01 pm
He wasn't sure when he had settled back down onto the couch again. Perhaps he was angry that his legs had given out and sought comfort and relief on the furniture instead of trembling where he stood. He didn't even realized that Damien had cross from the kitchen counter to beside him in the span of standing to sitting as if he had entered some rage-induced fugue state, and yet the monster was beside him with a hand on his knee. He stared at it, the touch. It wasn't unwelcomed, it was the opposite in fact, he wanted it, wished it to remain there. He grimaced at this realization that this was what he needed, wanted so desperately that he sort of regretted pushing the boil away as he did.

When he was he going to realize how not alone he was? In his mind, he was. He felt like he was alone, that no one understood his problems. In fact, Damien was the only one who knew them.

"The student body? I couldn't - I can't." He replied through his teeth. He didn't want to admit it to Damien, or anyone for the matter, of how he didn't exactly know how to talk to creeple. How socially inept he was that just looking at others was enough to have them steer clear of him; not that he minded it entirely, it worked out. Less interactions meant less chances that he could jack something up. "The only teachers I've known beside the ones here were the ones I grew up with and they were hardly any help to me. The life that was meant for me after all this," he motioned all over the room to say 'all of this' was Amityville. "Was to be the heir of the pack and that was it. That was what my life was suppose to be. And now? What am I suppose to do when everything that I was raised for is gone?"

He turned to Damien, taking his gaze off of the hand that rested on his knee. "You are the closest person who will know how I feel." he started. "And I'm not ready for anyone else to know it." The hellhound raised to his feet, disconnecting from the monster before he began to pace about the room. He had energy and he needed to dispense it somehow. "How do you explain to someone that you beat the hell out of your family and forever branded for it?"  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:21 am
Damien said nothing when the boil recoiled away from the gesture that lingered on his knee. It seemed like a smart idea at the time, a genuine moment of contact that the antisocial Demon didn't seem to have. It left the hound reeling when it didn't seem to help put the hound at ease and continue with his anxiety. "You say 'Hi my name is Uru'baen, nice to meet you, i hope we can become friends' because everyone has their flaws." he chided lightly, forgetting about the tea that has gone cold while he attempted to drop his voice lower to mimic the demon boil.

"your goals in life has been changed, granted not by your own terms, but they have changed." he reasoned, watching the boil with a careful look. "Now you have to figure out what you're going to do. I'm not going to say that you have to figure it out right now, but I want to make sure you know it doesn't mean you have to struggle on your own." He didn't want to get preachy with the fellow hound, but the lesson was close to his own heart, the one that Damien learned about connecting with others.

The little foxfire was oblivious to the situation around him, seeking the warmth of the boil who left the spot on the couch, sleep inebriated and longing. "Even Kiba knows this, yes we are social but shunning yourself won't help. Try to speak to one of us, jack knows you have many fellow students to choose from. one a day, greet them, compliment, ask a question, whatever. See where it takes you, and it may lead to an epiphany on what you can do next." he gestured to the room around them.

"I mean, isn't that whats happening right now?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:58 am
Uru was pacing the room, but his ears and attention were on the monster hound, that much was certain. The rumbling in his chest fell to a low roil as he moved about the room, fingers tapping at their place on the sister-arm. "If it were that easy," he muttered under his breath. The only time he was remotely as social was during field trips where he was forced to be paired with someone or in some sort of dream involving nightmares and legacies and weapons. The only other time than that was the first school festival where he had met a ghoul, but that all ended when someone had crashed one of the professor's stands. It was as if Damien was telling him things he didn't already know. Of course he knew everyone had faults, some more than others, and he had plenty of them himself. But that wasn't how Damien was saying it - he was reminding him, he was trying to assure him.

The coffee was getting cold, but the smell lingered in the air. Damien had some good brew, for one who didn't seem to drink it.

"What to do from here." He stated, stopping briefly to give him a look. It wasn't a question because it was something he didn't even want to think about. His entire life he was groomed to be an alpha; the diplomatic duties, the authoritative responsibilities, the aspects of leadership that alphas were expected to have and utilize, but now that he wasn't, he was just a knowledgeable individual. He looked down at himself - inward to himself. He could lead, he chooses not to. He was overprotective, but to only certain individuals. He had no need to be political or authoritative when they were on campus full of adults and professors. "I know that now." he exhaled, answering the tail end of the comment before he began pacing again.

"Minipets are tuned to the emotional spectrum of their owners and seek to comfort them should they deem it necessary. Of course, Kiba knows that I am pissed off, hurt, depressed, and scared. Is it any different for you? Being a hellhound? That is how you found me, right?" It was a ventured guess. It was not something his species could do, they did not seek those who were hurting, they sought out those who were dying. But that didn't mean he was ignorant of other's pain and suffering, but definitely not on the same level as Damien. He makes it sound so easily that it was annoying, actually. If only the boil knew how shy he was with people and the way he spoke. He even was able to recall the first time he spoke to someone that she got angry with him, slapped him, and stormed off. With his staff members, it was always 'Yes, Master Uru', 'Of course, Master Uru'. Talking to people was hard!

Uru looked down at his wrist, the blacken mark stretched across skin. The mark for his uncle's defeat. Closing his eyes, he made a sound before turning to look at Damien. "Ask me something. Anything." He voiced, gravelly and deep. If one did not know him, it'd sound threatening or intimidating but that was just how his voice worked.

It was rude to not answer when asked. It was a roundabout way of approaching it, but it was there. Raised with manners and what not. Perhaps he shouldn't reject all the things he was taught if it meant letting others in. An alpha wasn't alone because they let others in, surround them, be with them. Mentally, he was struggling with concepts that he had long pushed out.  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:17 pm
It was Damien's turn to fall silent, pondering over why he got out of his comfortable place to help the Demon Uru. Helping those who were hurting wasn't in his clans nature, as the lineage of monsters that was rooted in protection. It didn't feel like he was protecting the fellow hellhound of Citrine and sapphire eyes. "I guess." he mumbled quietly, focusing his attention on the little foxfire that was far in its dream, little legs running after imaginary things.

Tsavorite eves widened as the demon hound took initiative, a low tone that was willing to try to improve himself. And the statement made the monsters chest flutter strangely.

A quiver from inside that was spreading inside his chest, using the willpower to fight against it and lean in, with his hand on his knees. "Alright. you don't want to be alone, correct?" he queried, eyes probing for an answer beyond words.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:29 pm
Bloodlust Dante

"No." He replied. Standing against the far side of the room with crossed arms, legs grounded at shoulder length, eyes trained on the boil. He had requested the monster to ask him a question, any question, and the green-eared boy was playing it safe with inquisitive questions.

"I am here, with you. That's something, isn't it?"

Waving his hand, "Ask me something else. I'm..." kinda trying.  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:40 pm
Damien was fine with the reply that Uru had. It also gave him a free chance at another question. It also led to more more of the strange sensations but that was left ignored.

"Then you are staying over tonight-" he paused, looking over the crack in the bedroom divider, to the window that was letting filtered light into the space "I mean, today, right?" he mentioned lightly, effortlessly.

"Your choices are yes and yes because i'll be damned if you go back out in the forest."  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:47 pm
Okay, not exactly the sort of question he was expecting. When one is offered an opportunity to have questions answered about just about anything, here Damien was asking about something so trivial. And yet, here he was, grimacing at the question. He should not be considering it. It was rude to impose. Uru ducked his head, turning to glance in the same direction Damien had; through the bedroom divider, to the window, and to the afternoon dim. It felt like they had been talking for days rather than hours.

"I can't." he answered before turning back with a raised brow. "Saying that 'yes' is the only option doesn't constitute a 'choice'. Besides, this is your room and I have... mine."  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:58 pm
"Sure it does!." Demi argued light heartedly, picking up his sleepy foxfire from the couch. "Yes you have your dorm, where you can be all alone, which by the vy you yourself said you did not want." he pointed out as a matter of fact to his case. "I just feel like Brenna would have been mad if I didn't offer you solace."

He could feel sleep creeping up on him, the eyelids that were getting heavy and made the pup stifle a yawn with the free non foxfire holding hand. "But it is your choice, i suppose." he reasoned, picking up his abandoned cup and leaving it in the sink for cleaning later.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff