[PRP] The Party is Over (Criofan & Erylia) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:27 pm
That clearly wasn't the answer she was preparing for, considering how long it was taking her to respond to him. But ... Criofan was ready for whatever she was going to throw out at him next. He had his lucky charm, he had his own luck, and everything would be fine so long as she didn't freak out at him. That would be unpleasant. Criofan had well enough of freaking out women in his life...

... And there it was.

Criofan knew what was coming next. He was going to say yes, and then she'd ask if he wanted to pick up where they left off or something like that. The answer was, of course, no--Erylia had her chance and she ruined it by running away to never be found again until now--but getting to that point was somehow even harder than he anticipated it being.

The sparkling faerie carefully brushed his hand over the lucky charm he wore around his neck again, as if it would do any good. Call it a superstition. "I do. It was the last time I ever saw you." He paused, amending to, "Well, before the other day."

He refused to let the ball fall into his court just yet, asking, "Why?" immediately afterwards, with a sip of his tea to prevent himself from having to say anything.

Tartara Seabreeze
emotion_8c

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:13 pm
For a pae that ran from her emotions, she sure was feeling them full force this week. But hardly any were good. Her amethyst eyes caught the movement of him stroking the thing around his neck. It hadn't been the first time he touched it that day. But that was neither here nor there.

"I didn't know if you still wanted to continue that deal." She said it offhandedly as she looked around the room. I don't care. I don't care. Nothing would be more embarrassing than to be thought she cared if he didn't.

Seiana_Zi
devastating heartbreak commencing in 3...2...

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:29 pm
He knew it was coming.

It was better just to cut it now before she got any more ideas in her head. It had gone on long enough. Criofan grasped the lucky charm around his neck fully now, giving himself something to distract himself with. He was good at straight faces for the most part, but he wasn't exactly experienced in the realm of 'breaking hearts of best friends.'

Instead of saying he didn't want to, he said, "I can't." He shook his head. "In the time you were gone, things have changed. A lot." Criofan licked his lips, leaning forward. Did she really want the full truth? Perhaps she didn't want to hear it, but she deserved that much, at least. Even if she had been the one that ran off in the first place, not him...

"There were several seasons where I felt a little ... off. I engaged in some things I normally wouldn't and ended up gaining ... children." He shook his head. "I know their whereabouts, but I only really know Zaria. She's the girl. I think you'd like her, actually."

In a few ways, Zaria reminded him of Erylia. For one, neither seemed to acknowledge consequences.

"But that wasn't an honest relationship. Once Zaria had grown, a bit, I met someone else. Shiny, like silver. I tried to propose ownership at first, because I'm bad at this. But ... you don't need a history. I'm with Ei-Kal now."

He sighed.

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:57 pm
Even as she seemed apathetic, the way her eyes shot back to Criofan hinted at her true feelings. I can't. It started. She listened silently, her amethyst gaze steady on him. All things considered with how crude the male could be...he said it very gently. She appreciated that in the least. But no matter how softly it was said or how much sugar coated it, the last sentence hurt.

The only pae she had ever seen herself with was Criofan. He was her only true friend.

For a moment her face uncharacteristically softened and she said nothing, simply looking at the male. She wasn't a ball of fierce energy, untamable, wild. For just a moment Erylia looked almost vulnerable and small. Unsure of herself or what direction to take. Her mellon took to hiding in the shower of spun gold that was her hair.

Just a moment though. If Criofan blinked he would have missed it. Her personality kicked into high gear as she shoved her feelings in the bulging box within her mind. A quick smile and she leaned back into the chair.

"Oh, that makes things much less complicated. I'm happy for you Cri! Congratulations. You should have mentioned it sooner." Before she made an idiot of herself for asking. "I can't wait to meet them, both Zaria and Ei-Kal."

It made things less complicated for her sure...but Guardians, how she had wanted to try.

Seiana_Zi
crying

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:32 pm
The temptation was under the surface to say she was too late, to say it was her own fault for running away--though he was uncertain he would have stayed with her in the long run, that point was moot--to say that she should have tried harder in her own attempts, but he kept his lips sealed. With that look on her face ... that would be unnecessarily cruel. Even Criofan knew that much.

Even if she was trying to bury it down, he honestly knew better. That expression was not the one of a happy, natural Erylia. What he had said hurt--but he wasn't surprised, really. Of course it hurt. He wasn't sure how he would have handled it if Ei-Kal had told him the same when he attempted to change the agreement that they had came to.

No, I won't do that.

He was almost positive she wasn't happy for him, but Criofan did not have to share that thought aloud. No point in making this more complicated than it was already.

He let go of the lucky charm.

"I would suggest that you perhaps meet my step-son, Kheliot, too, but he is incredibly pae shy." Criofan chuckled softly. "Or standoffish. To be honest, I can never tell for sure, considering how much Zaria's able to drag him out. But, not the point, I'm sure they'd like to meet you too."

Tartara Seabreeze
Sorry, Erylia. :<

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:17 pm
Erylia laughed with him at the mention of his step-son, but it didn't sound entirely natural. There were so many feelings, hurt, depression, jealousy, self anger and frustration, locked inside the box that threatened to explode. She wanted to run into her cave all over again and hide forever.

But that was a temporary solution, and it inevitably made things worse. "Of course. They'd probably love to hear old stories about how their father was a mischievous child." Mischievous child, teenager, probably still as an adult...that was always her draw towards the fae.

She had to stop thinking that way. The female took a sip of her tea, using her distain for it as a distraction. "Maybe over dinner or the like. Just don't expect me to cook anything unless you feel like food poisoning."

Seiana_Zi
I foresee a binge of meaningless 'relationships' for a bit with her sweatdrop

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:12 pm
The idea of a friend being able to tell stories about how he was a wee little baby admittedly made him feel old, almost as old as the fact that he had grandchildren made him feel. ... Grandchildren, seriously... He occasionally wondered if they had anything from him but, they probably didn't. After all, the son that fathered them was raised by the bloody zebra.

Ugh.

"I think they already know of my mischief." Criofan nudged Erylia lightly, both as a teasing action and in an attempt to nudge some more cheerfulness into her. Perhaps Ei-Kal understood his mischief the best, but this was not the time for such ... ideas. Especially not when he was talking to someone who was no doubt thinking about the same line--

This might end up being a little awkward, just a bit, while they dealt with settling out to something that was not a chance at being a relationship. Criofan was fine with it, sure, but now he might actually try to show some restraint in his words around friends, which was foreign to him.

Over dinner. Right. "Deal. I'll be sure to have Ei-Kal whip up something ... or maybe Kheliot. Ei-Kal's a lot better at the ... domestic thing than I am." He laughed.

Tartara Seabreeze
Uh-oh. Try not to get saddled with kids Erylia. <<

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:04 am
Years before Erylia would have run away after rejection. She wouldn't want anything to do with what caused her pain, and would throw away anything that wasn't of use to her anymore.

The fact that she was arranging dinner plans was astonishing.

At his nudge she chuckled lightly, showing why she had made the huge hurdle to take the harder path for a change. First and foremost Criofan was her friend. Probably her only one now after she had gone away for so long, but by no doubt her closest. Even if it hurt, she couldn't possibly discard the friendship that started out as toddlers.

"I could imagine. I don't exactly look forward to the whole 'cleaning' thing when I get my own place. While I was in the cave I never did because it wasn't like anyone was going to visit." That was an odd thought. Her visiting Criofans place, pae visiting her own...How calm. How tame and completely unlike her... "I should throw a house warming party when I move into the city!" Erylia suddenly exclaimed, her eyes lighting up as if it was the best idea she ever had. Something that would distract her from the mood and gloom and get back in touch with her wild roots.

After all, if she was going to do the 'domestic thing' she wasn't going down without a fight.

Seiana_Zi
Thankfully she didn't go to Venus' party! blaugh She'd be a TERRIBLE mother!

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:28 pm
It was a bit surprising to Criofan, just a bit, that Erylia had decided not to flee the moment that it was revealed that the answer was no (and would always and forever reaming that way). Of course, she had plenty of time to think on prior behaviors and reject them considering she had spent so damn long in a bloody cave. Seriously, who did that?

He really needed to stop coming back to the cave thng, even if he was still somewhat in disbelief that Erylia, of all people, would do such a thing. He supposed it would contribute to how much calmer she seemed, though. There wasn't exactly much mischief someone could get into when they were living alone in a cave.

Well.

No mischief that may not end up causing harm to the abode and eventually to the Pae'il living in that abode, at least.

A party, though? That sounded much more like Erylia.

"House warming parties are good. They can be a quick way to get yourself some more items for said house, or some stuff you can trade to make your said house." Criofan chuckled. "I hope you enjoy the City when you move there."

Tartara Seabreeze
Hey, Criofan thought he'd be a terrible father. XD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:43 pm
Yes, a party would be perfect. It was where she felt most at peace with what and who she was. "Oh? That's good. I wouldn't have to work so hard to get things." Which reminded her of something she wanted to mention it to the fae. It was meant to be a surprise, a thing that would pique his curiosity. "By the way...I can do something that I think you'll appreciate."

She uncrossed her legs to lean toward him, an excited smile dancing upon her lips. It seemed even the mere thought of a party was bringing her back to normalcy. "I can extract metal from the mountains. Gold, silver, iron, you name it. My home will be the shiniest in the City." She waggled the fingers of her free hand.

Seiana_Zi

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:11 pm
Maybe what she said wasn't piquing the same type of curiosity she may have hoped to get before, but it was certainly piquing curiosity. There was one thing about Criofan that would most assuredly never change.

He loved things that shined.

Valuable things, in particular. Things he could collect. Things he could trade. Things that caught attention and things that wowed. A lot of those things were made of gold, or silver, or of alloys and gems and minerals of the same. The bare materials themselves were very useful, especially to Ei-Kal and Kheliot, who were themselves skilled with making items. Ei-Kal had been a jewelry maker. Kheliot now found himself into making small 'charms.'

The idea of a ready access to these raw materials, both for their shiny and valuable potential, and for the ability to make new things from those raw materials... it was energizing.

"I do appreciate that," murmured Criofan, the interest obvious on his face. "Are you intending to taunt me?"

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:34 pm
At his apparent interest the female was emboldened to continue her excitement. Her grin grew to spread ear to ear. "Taunt? Oh no, no, that would be cruel of me dear Cri! I was thinking of something far different ever since I found out about my power." Now that the initial shock was spoken, she lifted her tea to her lips. "I was thinking...a business. Set up shop in the City, you and I."

Seiana_Zi

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:28 pm
If she was not taunting him, why was she insistent on telling him about such a great power if she was not going to offer him a benefit--

A business?

Criofan was rather taken aback by such a proposition, interested look on his face changing into something more surprised, and then slowly, more inquisitive. A ... business? What kind of business? What would they sell, or what services would they offer? Were they to be prospectors? Were they just to sell precious metals? Admittedly, that was a rather valuable idea, but he was also a trader. Already, he handled valuables on a daily basis, and usually benefited from such.

While wealth was sometimes arguable, Criofan would say that he, for certain, was already wealthy. What were the risks here, and did they come with equal or better reward?

Erylia had always been a bit reckless, but as Criofan grew, he had only become more and more measured which every calculated step he took.

"I already am a trader on a day to day. What kind of business are we talking, and what benefit would I gain from it?" Criofan sipped his tea, expression gone from cheerful and instead into something ... very serious.

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:35 pm
Oh, that was exactly the reaction she was hoping for. She set her cup on her lap before addressing his question. "Mining business. Pae can trade goods for our iron, gold, silver, copper. Things pae can use to build structures, utensils, jewelry, what ever they want. Give them the hard work."

She set the cup on the armrest so she could stand up. After sitting for such a long period of time, her body was feeling restless. "But you see, I don't know what all it takes to 'be a business'. Advertising, acquiring a spot, location for the area. Quite frankly that part of it sounds deathly boring. I was thinking you as a partner and we'll split the profit 50/50."

Seiana_Zi

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:09 pm
Mining business. It seemed like a reasonable proposition, considering her powers. They would have a much easier time mining than the average Pae'il would, if she could just pull the metals out of the stone and bring them back. He imagined there was some limit to how much she could do in a day, though, so perhaps they would need some normal miners in their employ...

Plus, it was a business he thought could be very useful. Pae'il were building new structures all the time. If they could, perhaps, get goods and services out of offering the raw materials to make those structures--or even some smaller day-to-day items--they were almost guaranteed to be on their way to making a lot of wealth.

Still, was the risk worth the reward? There were a lot of risks involved with this proposition, not the least of which being Erylia herself. Not only did Criofan know her as a reckless type that had trouble keeping herself away from trouble, she also tended not to focus on things for a very long time--though perhaps her time in the cave had changed that--and she had disappeared to live in a cave for seasons upon seasons.

Would she do that again?

If she did, the whole business' anchor would fall.

Criofan sighed to himself, turning to her as she proposed they split it fifty-fifty. That was a fair split, but he wasn't sure if what she was proposing was fair, either. From the sounds of it, she wanted him to take care of the entire backend while she just handled the mining... "So... you're saying I should join you in a business I'll have to do all the maintenance for?" Criofan quirked a brow, leaning back a bit.

"It is a fair business idea, though, and I agree it is one that would be filling a hole that needs filling."

Tartara Seabreeze

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces