Submit

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:34 pm
He smiled, starting to shiver. It seemed as though his body was waking up from that slumber of freezing. Well, not really waking up, mostly just thawing out a little. Stia knew he couldn't get a dignified answer out, and didn't even try. That stew sounded amazing. Smelled just as good as it sounded too. But just about anything would sound good to him right then. Stia was very hungry.

He nodded along with her story. So there was another pae that lived here. And those furry things... Must be alpacas? Whatever they were, they were furry and looked weird. Warm and weird. Stia was good with that. "S-s-s-sou-sounds-s-s-s ni-ni-ni-nic-c-c-ce." He shivered, looking up at her. She looked adorable, and Stia knew he was imposing, but oh it felt nice to have someone taking care of him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:48 pm
It was hard not to panic as he shivered, it was his body warming up but that didn't make it any less worrisome. He needed help, she decided. Even trying to talk just wasn't going to work right now.

Reluctantly she let go of her charge and said, "One moment." Just as swift as before, she turned on the ball of her foot and flitted around the kitchen. With everything prepared, it took no time to fill a large bowl with a generous helping of the stew.

Taking the time, she made sure there was more meat then not feeling that would certainly be helpful. With one stop to the counter, she took a knife to any pieces still too big to eat comfortable. With as much as he had to worry about warming up, the last thing she wanted was to cause more work.

Turning again, that same swift action of the ball of the foot, the angel was on the move again. With more speed and a lot less dance in her step, she arrived right back to the freezing Fea. The occasional table near by served as a bowl rest after she deposed the empty pot on a window sill. The dark wooden table was high enough to be comfortable for the chair if he sat up. The occasional table fit its description, small but roomie enough for the bowl and spoon.

"Be careful, Stia"
she warned gently going back to his side where she could better watch over him, "It is very hot." Less than an arms length away, she was at the ready to assist him if he needed it. It seemed that saying the name again, it was less strange more pleasant.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:31 pm
Stia nodded, following her instructions. He was more than grateful for the blanket he had wrapped around his shoulders. Adding to it the warmth of the house, Arestia felt like he was in heaven. It was probably the best feeling he'd ever experienced in his life.

Huh, funny how time in the cold changes your view on things. He thought to himself, chuckling a bit as she returned. She probably thought he was crazy. That's what he gets though, for being dense enough to loose his home and never get around to building another.

"It smells delicious." He smiled up at her. He'd managed to sit down in the time she was gone. Stia had made himself as comfortable as a frozen guy possibly could. "Can't wait to taste it." He grinned, trying not to drool.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:45 pm
Zofie smiled down at Stia, her eyes closed briefly in happiness. As she opened her blue eyes again, the ever moving angel moved the occasional table right to the edge of the blue chair. Picking up the spoon, she placed it in the bowl. There was no polite way to ask if he needed help, so rather then feel rude she waited until it was evident he could do it himself. With frozen fingers as he must have, she worried what it would do to dexterity.

"There is plenty left if you are still hungry after this."

Not staying still just yet, she moved around the occasional table to the warm water on the floor. It had cooled a bit but still above room temperature. Kneeling at his feet she told him without looking up, "The warm water will help your feet," Then it would help everything else. This way she was attacking the cold from two angles.

Carefully she gently guided up each frozen leg, right first then left into the warm water listening for any sounds of distress.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:08 pm
Stia blushed, knowing he probably didn't have nearly the amount of dexterity it would take to eat the soup. But then, he really didn't want to ask her to help him eat. She was already doing so much for him, to add that to the list? Arestia would probably die from embarrassment. But he knew he had to try anyways. He tried to pick up the spoon when she offered the water for his feet.

"Does that really work?" Stia asked, not making a noise when he moved his slowly thawing legs into the water. There should have been a grunt or two of pain, but Stia couldn't muster it. He was still just overwhelmed at how much she was doing for a complete stranger! "It feels lovely."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:22 pm
Zofie slowly stood up, patting his knee as she did so, "It will, between the food and the warm water, you should be feeling warmer." She hoped, anyway. The water felt too cool but then she was nice and warm and he certainly did not!

As she smoothed down her dress, her eyes went back to him. Really, she hoped what she was doing was helping rather than hurting. This was the first time she had a guest and she so wanted to make a good impression. If she thought too much on how she wanted to impress the handsome fae she was liable to start blushing.

Trying to distract herself, she went from looking at his face to the hand. If he was able to eat on his own she wouldn't need to hover. Indeed it still felt rude to be as close as she was but she was worried! "I am glad," she said softly when he told her it felt lovely,

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:35 pm
Stia smiled, believing her entirely. "I do believe you're right Zofie." He nodded, gingerly nipping away at the stew he'd been handed. Oh Guardians this was delicious. Warming his insides as much as the water was warming his feet.

Surely he was too cold to use the blanket, if anything he felt a little more cold than before. But that could just be his body trying to thaw right? His nerve endings warming up just the smallest amount to notice the fact that the rest of his body was practically frozen. The fae hoped so. So very much did he hope it was just his nerve endings and not him getting colder from the blankets.

"This is delicious too." He smiled, trying not to let his thoughts show. He wasn't that good of an actor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:44 pm
Zofie tried to keep smiling but she was still deeply worried. Reaching out a pink hand, she gently laid it on his icy cheek. The pink seemed to compliment the lovely purple and black. Shaking the odd observation she says softly, "I am glad you like it!"

She truly was, but the worry wasn't fading. He was warming much too slowly for her comfort. Chewing on her bottom lip she racked her brain about what else she had was warm.

Looking to the fire, she considered dragging the chair a crossed the room with him still in it. The notion was discarded, there was no way she was strong enough to pull that off. Asking him to stand wasn't an option either, she had promised him he wouldn't have to move again.

What else in the house was warm enough? Saki but that would work. Then it hit her, causing her head to snap up and look at the wall behind her. "Of course", the words were soft as she was embarrassed it took her this long to figure it out. "Stia, I think I can help, open the blanket. I have another idea." She intended to keep him warm herself. If he wasn't comfortable with the idea she'd understand but there was much more she could think to do.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:27 pm
Stia smiled, trying not to lean into the warm hand. It really did feel so very good against his skin. But then, her gaze shifted. He followed it, to the fireplace and back. He saw her toss the idea aside. Well, it was what he thought she was doing. Stia wasn't certain of anything right that instant.

Blue eyes were covered with heavy lids, his body finally catching up with the fact that he was warming up. Warm meant nap time. Good sleepies. His eyes shot wide open when she asked him to open the blanket. "S-s-sure?" The fae obliged, taking a moment to find the edge of the blanket to open it up for her.

Funny, I don't see anything really nice and warm in the immediate area but her... He thought to himself, not even thinking of what she might be doing. Clearly, Arestia's brain wasn't working at full capacity.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:42 pm
When he opened the blanket she apologized ahead of time, "Please forgive me, I don't know how else I can help without endangering you." Clasping her hands in front of her, she made a gesture of clasping them to go with her apology.

This was really bold of her and certainly she'd never consider it under normal circumstances but this wasn't exactly normal circumstances. Without waiting further she took off from her standing position to hover a moment.

In a better position she deposited herself in his lap. While most of her was to the side, she had her legs draped over his with ankles tucked behind one of his legs.

Not bold enough to put her arms around him, she kept hers folded in her lap, "You'll warm up faster with help." she tried to explain why she had done what she had done. The blush at her own boldness couldn't be hidden but it blended pretty well with her complexion.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:53 pm
Stia blinked, figuring out what she was thinking finally. Okay, it kind of helped that she sat in his lap. Oh Guardians, she was boiling compared to his own temperature! If he had the capacity he'd have almost screamed from the shock of it. As it was, Stia could feel the warmth she produced almost immediately. It was kind of hard not to when she felt like lava inside his blanket. But it was nice cuddly warm lava... The fae figured he could get used to this. It wasn't bad...

He smiled, trying to hide a blush himself, wrapping his arms around her. "You're nice and warm Zofie." Stia snuggled in a bit, grateful for the heat. He'd be more than content to sit like this for the rest of the night. A gorgeous pae to warm him up, take care of him. Well that thought made him feel like shallow scum. But, she was more beautiful than his wildest dreams, and she was taking care of him. But would she put up with him after this? Stia sincerely hoped so. She seemed like such a nice pae. Especially after going so far to take care of him when he was a total stranger.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:02 pm
Now she was really blushing as he put his arms around her. Diverting her eyes, she still raised a hand to rest on his. "You will be too, before you know it." Turning her head again, she looked at him and gave a bright smile.

It was fun, taking care of someone and she enjoyed his company. Now that she had done all she could, and it seemed to be working. While she was now very, very cold, she was sure he was warming up just by the pae sized heater. Having to say something she asks, "What brought you out this way?" With the weather the way it was, she couldn't imagine much besides the quest bringing pae out to freeze as he had been.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:20 pm
He smiled, liking the thought of being warm again. It was almost foreign to him after being in the cold so long. "I hope so." Stia replied, keeping his own smile plastered on his face.

But then, she wanted to know what brought him out here? Guardians help, he had no idea. "To be honest, I've got no idea why here. My home was lost forever and a day ago in that storm. I haven't really gotten around to building a real one, even back then." Stia frowned. "But I was wandering out here because movement meant warm, warm meant alive." He shook his head. "I really just need to suck it up and build myself a house."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:18 pm
Zofie's blue eyes never left his face as she listened to him speak of what brought him out to the cold. She felt horrible for him, realizing he had no where to go and seemed so alone. Her expression got softer and she raised her hand to place it on his cheek. For a moment she watched again on how she seemed to stand out so much more against his lovely darker coloration. The compliment was nice and for a moment she was at a loss for words.

Finding them again she offered, "The floating city has electricity, far more advanced then this place; however," She was proud of the home she helped build and there was no self depreciation to the more 'primitive' lifestyle she had now. Still, now that he knew he had an option, she further offered, "We have an extra room here at the Ranch. You are welcome to stay as long as you like." Without knowing him, she had no way to know if he would choose that lifestyle over the one here. Still, she had hope he would stick around for a while.

"I do hope you'll consider it." Sure she had just met him, but he seemed so nice. She enjoyed his company thus far and was pained at the idea of him going back out to freeze more. "At minimum you should stay the night after you warmed up." She gave her best 'no argument' face and hoped it worked.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:22 am
Stia blinked, floating city and electricity? He had to wonder what that was. But then, she seemed to know what she was talking about. The fae wasn't going to fault her logic if it was something she knew. Chances are, she knew a lot more about the island they lived on than he did. Didn't matter he'd been wandering it. He'd just been wandering it, not doing so with a purpose.

"Wait, you're offering me a room?" Stia's eyes were wide, looking at her. They'd only just met, why would she want to offer him a room in her home? But then, she'd also just let a complete stranger inside to warm up as well. "Are you going to be cross with me if I don't answer right away?" Arestia asked, not certain about staying, but knowing he'd have a place to stay through the cold. It was a very comforting thought.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff