Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PRP] Butterflies and babbles? (Alma and Elarinya) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:45 pm
Alma looked again then said with both hands in the air, palms up, "I don't know. She is there just hiding?" Grannie was always there just couldn't always see her.

It seemed clear Grannie wasn't coming out so Alma looked to the cave. "Is that real-real? Do you live there?" Without touching it she wasn't sure it actually existed but Ela was real-real so maybe that was too?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:03 pm
She couldn't find her Grannie? Then her Grannie wasn't everywhere. Her eyes darted around the trees, trying to figure out if there was anything strange in the trees--

Wait.

What did she just say?!

Elarinya narrowed her eyes when the little girl asked about the cave.

She puffed out her chest, pressing her arms into her sides and staring down into the little girl's eyes. Intimidation was probably not necessary, but as soon as anyone asked about the cave ... She was trying to make herself look a bit intimidating, but it probably wasn't working very well for someone who was used to seeing frightening, strange things in the trees. That's not what she was thinking about, though.

Managing as burly of a voice as possible, she asked, "What's it to ya'?!"

Clearly asking about the cave was a bad choice.

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:36 pm
Unsure what Ela was doing, making those strange gestures, Alma imitated her. Narrowing her own eyes, managing to go cross-eyed in the process, she scrunched up her face until the action was foreign enough to be uncomfortable. The other actions, puffing out her little chest and pressing her arms to her side were easy enough.

Maintaining eye contact was new but she could do it. It was the why she didn't understand. "What is this for?" Clearly it had a meaning and the other was the one to know what that was.

Deepening her own voice attempting to copy Ela's she stated, "I don't think I have seen a real-real cave, so neat!" She lost her imitation as she marveled at it "We move around a lot, I think." It was never certain but things were always changing around her so she assumed they moved around a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:36 pm
Huh?

That wasn't nearly ... the response ... Elarinya was expecting.

Her chest deflated as she stared at Alma, honestly a little confused. Why was she so enthused about seeing a real cave? It wasn't like Elarinya was gonna let her near it ... she couldn't go near it... No one but her and the old tall ones could go near it ...

"It's for nothing..." lied Elarinya, tilting her head. "But you can't go near the real-real cave! It's a bad place." That would work, right? Keep her away and her talking about it away... that would work for her she thought! Or maybe not, she liked doing things Thara said were bad sometimes.

Hm.

"Where do you move?"

Seiana_ZI

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:58 pm
Hearing the actions were for nothing, Alma looked confused for a few moments then shook her head. The actions were forgotten as a new confusion came about. "If it is a bad place, why are you staying?" She sounded sincerely concerned for Ela's well-being.

Where had she lived?

"Everywhere!" She has been so many places it was hard to begin to describe, "The stars! Scary caves! Deep woods! Tree tops!" As she said the stars, she spread her fingers and wiggled them above her head. Next she turned her wrists so the back of her hands were pointed to the ground so her fingertips resembled, to her, stalagmites. For deep woods she gestured to the trees behind them. Tree tops got her shooting up in the air for several moments before fluttering down giggling.

She ended it, "Near the water, though I couldn't play, looked fun." She remembered the waves but was unable to play. One day she'd be able to really play in the waves, just wasn't then. The monster that came out was really, really scary.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:53 pm
Darn it, she wasn't expecting the strange girl to ask about the bad cave. What should she ... oh! Yeah, that'd work. "'cause I'm training to be awesome!" Yeah, that would work. Elarinya puffed out her chest again, placing her hands on her hips, but this time instead of acting mean, she gained a confident grin.

Hopefully that would get rid of any more stupid questions...

... Everywhere? How did a Pae live everyone? How did they live in the stars? The motions were interesting but the words she was saying didn't make any sense. This girl was starting to sound like she lived in a very fan-fantas-... IMAGINATION PLACE.

Stupid big words.

She tilted her head at the other girl, before flittering all around her again.

"Does Grannie take you to these places?" Who was Grannie, and where was she?

Seiana_ZI

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:13 pm
Alma was appropriately awed over the idea that staying in a scary cave would train someone to be awesome. Momentarily she was looking at the cave wondering how much fun being awesome would be.

She started to ask but then a question was asked of her, "Yep, Grannie can take me anywhere. Sometimes she asks where I wanna live and I tell her." With a proud grin, she thought of the stars in particular, "Grannie can make anything happen!" Maybe thats what is going on, Grannie thought she wanted friends and brought her to possible friends? Oh that was so wonderful of Grannie!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:45 pm
Elarinya saw the amazement on Alma's face and grinned at how she managed to both get some silent praise and maybe distract her from--

Hey! Why was she still staring at the cave?!

The question Elarinya asked seemed to be fast enough to distract Alma, and Elarinya was thankful for that. Good. No more questions about her! The more she said about Grannie, though, the less things seemed to make sense. If her Grannie took her everywhere, was everywhere, did everything, why couldn't Elarinya see her anywhere?

She couldn't even see her when she squinted her eyes and that always worked, didn't it? Especially when she stared really hard!

Elarinya squinted some more.

No, she saw nothing...

"I don't see Grannie ... Where does she exist?"

Seiana_ZI

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:55 pm
Alma frowned as she looked to the trees again as well, "She exists here, silly." Now there was the kettle calling colors. She did frown and scratch her head, Grannie was always close by, so why was she still hiding?

Thinking way back, ages back to a few hours ago she tried to remember, "Grannie said to go play but she was with me." Did she lose her Grandmother? Not a chance!

She had to be there, maybe she wasn't coming out because of Ela? That wasn't nice!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:49 pm
She was the silly one, huh?

She wasn't the one referring to a nonexistent illusion-maker tall old Pae'il in the trees. Elarinya crossed her arms, snorting. Yeah, okay, she believed that Grannie was everywhere, alright... That was why not even squinting really hard revealed her!

"I dun' believe you," said Elarinya, shaking her head. "Too fan-fan-fantas... imaginary!"

She really hated those big words.

"If she's everywhere, why isn't she here?" If she didn't actually exist, then she wasn't an actual worry for the cave. Then should could relax a little! Yeah. She had nothing to guard the cave from with just a kid there.

Seiana_ZI

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:25 pm
Alma puffed up her cheeks, crossed her arms and stomped her foot. The foot stopping was a trick given she was currently still air born, "I not making her up!" Oh she was so mad at the idea that she wasn't believed that even her wings were beating fast.

"Grannie was walking behin' me then she turned into a flutterfly. She turns her into anything she want!" Ela clearly didn't know how amazing her Grandmother was! She'd have to go find her and come back just to prove it!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:33 pm
It was kinda funny to watch her face blow up like a squirrel with acorns, and so she couldn't help the giggles that escaped her lips, covering her mouth a bit with her hand as she watched the angered little girl.

She looked so mad and was beating her wings so fast that maybe even she was a flutterfly!

"I dun' see a flutterfly," stated Elarinya, matter-of-factly, nodding her head with a confident grin. "You just makin' her up! She can't be everywhere and anywhere and be everything!"

Seiana_ZI

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:46 pm
Alma continued to puff up and pout. She wanted Grannie to come out and prove that she existed. Well, prove to Ela, she knew Grannie existed and was real-real.

Looking back to the woods she stated, "I was talkin' to her when you showed up. And she can, because she is my Grannie!" That was reason enough and she clearly believed it. Crossing her arms again she looked proud of herself, the argument was won as far as she was concerned.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:05 pm
Even if Alma knew her Grannie was real-real, Elarinya wasn't so certain.

There really hadn't been anything concrete to prove that so far. All Elarinya had really seen was a little girl who was babbling about really weird stuff and attributing it all to an invisible Grannie who was everywhere and anywhere and had great powers beyond that of an ordinary tall old one. Elarinya, herself, wasn't really sure she bought much of any of that.

She especially didn't believe her when she said she was talking to her when Elarinya showed up. When she was flying up to Alma, the little girl had been talking to herself, questions, answers, and all.

"Uh... You were talking to you when I showed up," offered Elarinya, with a small frown. "I saw ya;. You were having a whole conva-...convasation." She nodded, putting her arms on her hips. "So Grannie is you?"

Seiana_ZI

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:15 pm
It was hard to be offended when you are so baffled. She was Grannie? The young girl took several moments to try and answer because she couldn't wrap her mind around that idea. "Nononononono." Shaking her head she said, "Grannie doensn't always talk when she is hidden but I know what she'd say so I was talkin' to her."

Putting one hand up as she flew to her Grannie's height she said, "Grannie is this tall, isa..isa." What did Grannie say she was? "A fairy and green with black hair." Clearly she couldn't be Grannie she looked nothing like Grannie.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff