Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Hall of United Brethren

Back to Guilds

In this guild everyone is Gaian and everyone is equal! We are community based and friendly. Come join the fun and make new friends! 

Tags: Community, Friends, Gaia, Role Play, Unity 

Reply The Main Hall
Gaia is in a terrible state... Guild Future? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elyarne

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:32 pm
I'm sorry I haven't been a very active member, sometimes I forget about some of the many guilds of which I am part redface

I hate the way Gaia is going. I don't think we should just "stay put". I think we should make a stand. I think there should be banners, slogans etc in people's signatures against things like Flynn, popups, and even current staff attitude. I think the Gaia community should unite in protest, sign petitions en masse, etc. I am quite idealistic, but I think that we could at least try and I need someone to do it with me.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:40 pm
sorry that i have not been that active

you are not the only one who wonders what to do with there guilds, even i dont know what to do with the guilds that i own and i own 15 of them and in the majority of the guilds ppl posted up months ago saying that they were quitting
i am someday hoping to restart something but idk

the 4 main guilds i am in posting has dropped off significantly and even the usual contests with high payouts has failed miserably to bring people back

i will stick around for a while because i own guilds that no one else wants to become captain in
plus they trust me more than most people

for now I AM STAYING but if things get much worse then i am gonna quit  

SL33PY X3

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:45 pm
I shall be here....lurking...maybe not necessarily doing anything because I tend to forget to, but still... I will be here.

Well, sort of. I'm not really effected by the whole price thing since it took me eons to get items anyways, but I have been scarce lately due to the new anime season and things getting oddly "active" IRL.

Nonetheless.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:45 am
Remember yesterday
Think about tomorrow

User Image
I have to admit that Gaia is in the worst state I have ever seen since I joined back in 2007...

And yet: I log in ever day.
I post comments, replies and/or topics on a daily base.
Why you ask?

Because of the Gaia members whom, unlike Gaia itself, refuse to change.

I for one vote for keeping the guild active.
It joins the Gaia members, it unites them.
And is that not what counts?

But live today
Life is to short anyway

Sineaed

Devoted Lunatic

sequentverdure

Fashionable Streaker

19,525 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:47 am
I'm still here - I just got invited to the guild at a busy time in my life. I'd like to be more active. The forums are what I loved about Gaia when I first joined, and I feel like making a bigger effort to be involved in that part of the site will make this place less miserable. >.< I hate what's happening around here. I understand that they need to make money, especially since the site has grown, but some of the ways its being implemented are just.. not good for morale. ._.

Anyway, as sad as it is, Gaia is the longest "home" I've had anywhere, either offline or on. Online I tend to move from place to place as my interests change over the years, and in real life I've moved so much for health/school/career.. I'm not sure why I stuck with Gaia for so long, even though at times I felt like I was way too old to stick around.. but I can't leave. I don't think I'll be supporting the site financially (shame, I had just gotten to a place where I could afford to throw a few dollars here a month), but I'm not going anywhere..  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:49 am
jellykans
I'm staying as long as Gaia continues in anything like recogizable form, but on Sundays I will be offsite in protest. On those days, I will explore other avatar/forum sites - and I must say that I expect them to be poor imitations of the Gaia I've known and loved. Still, I won't play ostrich in the sand, and maybe will get ideas from other sites.

If management continues current policies, we may want to retire from interacting with them, idk....

Also, irl has been rough recently, and I've become inactive in the guild. I am sorry and will try to do better.

It seems the current state of affairs would most likely be temporary, since it doesn't seem sustainable. What Gaia is going to look like by the end of the year is a real concern. If this site isn't run into the ground to support a new 18+ site, the pressure may let up. One can hope.

So - no protest this Sunday, so I may let the other sites sit for now. Was glad to see the suggestion further down the page that the current state of affairs if related to the 18+ site may not be so bad, since Gaia often loses interest in projects and dumps them. I would be very glad to see Gaia dump current policies and projects, and if the 18+ site failed, I wouldn't mind at all, but Gaia..is a very special place.

Months ago, Nights and I talked about outreach in the zOMG community using this guild's rps as a meeting place. That didn't get far, but this might be a time to revive that idea, use the guild as a space to explore our feelings withing the rp and make plans for making Gaia a better place.  

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:46 am
Shuukakuusha
Remember yesterday
Think about tomorrow

User Image
I have to admit that Gaia is in the worst state I have ever seen since I joined back in 2007...

And yet: I log in ever day.
I post comments, replies and/or topics on a daily base.
Why you ask?

Because of the Gaia members whom, unlike Gaia itself, refuse to change.

I for one vote for keeping the guild active.
It joins the Gaia members, it unites them.
And is that not what counts?

But live today
Life is to short anyway

Thank you so much for the support I am really glad that this guild means this to everyone. I will try and do my best.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:58 am
The hell's happening?! I just came back from months of hiatus and now I see these inflation of item prices like lovely lucie and giant stone coatl! I just cant gaia..

The main reasons I'm still staying are because of zOMG, forums, and art.  

Scarleey

14,500 Points
  • Hero 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

Noxy Nevermore
Vice Captain

Liberal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:55 pm
I keep checking back but RL is rather busy and Gaia is making me more and more mad every time I log on, I think we should keep going for as long as we can.... but I fear the days of old Gaia are over....  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:39 am
People (particularly SF and GCD) is so divided between haves and haves-not, it's not even funny anymore. Heck, I've lost interest in the drama-fest ever since the first A.Halo release, and am not surprised to see negative feedback on every single little thing in those two forums.

Inactivity/Lurker-status is due to real life reasons. Those who are a part of the "somewhat active" guilds I'm in, they reminds me that there are still great people out there, and I just need to find them in the right places is all. As for this guild, you can expect very little (or even none) activity from me, since my priority is elsewhere these days, which is really sad to say.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:14 am
Yen Quest
People (particularly SF and GCD) is so divided between haves and haves-not, it's not even funny anymore. Heck, I've lost interest in the drama-fest ever since the first A.Halo release, and am not surprised to see negative feedback on every single little thing in those two forums.

Inactivity/Lurker-status is due to real life reasons. Those who are a part of the "somewhat active" guilds I'm in, they reminds me that there are still great people out there, and I just need to find them in the right places is all. As for this guild, you can expect very little (or even none) activity from me, since my priority is elsewhere these days, which is really sad to say.
it is understandable hun no one wants to be here all that much anymore. Everyone is so sick of these cash pushes...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:23 am
Nights-Rune
it is understandable hun no one wants to be here all that much anymore. Everyone is so sick of these cash pushes...
The complaint on the cash pushes is what rubs me the wrong way actually (especially the non-productive ones). It runs amok in my home forums like it's nothing, and I wish the majority of them contain it within a couple of threads. At least that shows people that they mean business, you know? Mob mentality is not the way to go about things, and I got enough of that irl as it is. ...I would go on and on about my issues with some of these complaining folks, but I'll end my rant here. Don't want to seem like I'm taking out my anger on you, haha. xD  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:02 pm
Yen Quest
Nights-Rune
The complaint on the cash pushes is what rubs me the wrong way actually (especially the non-productive ones). It runs amok in my home forums like it's nothing, and I wish the majority of them contain it within a couple of threads. At least that shows people that they mean business, you know? Mob mentality is not the way to go about things, and I got enough of that irl as it is. ...I would go on and on about my issues with some of these complaining folks, but I'll end my rant here. Don't want to seem like I'm taking out my anger on you, haha. xD

No I think its fair. SF is my haunt and its flooded with samey threads.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:07 pm
Nights-Rune
Glad I'm not the only one here then (SF reg guild is pretty open about their dislike of SF's current state, haha).

I'm trying to see whether some of my ideas will come into fruition, because anything to decrease the unnecessary complaints is a good thing on my book. I just need to get that La Victoire shop working because I'm getting a blank shop, and I need to take a couple of screen shots as a visual for my idea.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:15 pm
Yen Quest
Nights-Rune
Glad I'm not the only one here then (SF reg guild is pretty open about their dislike of SF's current state, haha).

I'm trying to see whether some of my ideas will come into fruition, because anything to decrease the unnecessary complaints is a good thing on my book. I just need to get that La Victoire shop working because I'm getting a blank shop, and I need to take a couple of screen shots as a visual for my idea.

I agree with the people that don't like it Gaia isnt making smart business moves. I just, I don't even know anymore.  
The Main Hall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff